What's new

China lifts ban on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube at APEC meet

IP address can be masked, but one can't hide his/her identity after submitting ID proof. CCP use it as an intimidating tool to tell its subjects that "Look, we know who you are, so be careful about posting anything against us".
who are you to fool? you indians are really like to live in a deluded world````a simple question,have you ever used a Chinese web social network ?

weibo, Weixin, MoMo, Mimi```ect, none of them need your ID to register, just a random email address or unregistered mobile number```and those are the most used social networking webs and apps``````so i wonder what garbage info your high caste slave owners being feeding you people?

who are you to fool? you indians are really like to live in a deluded world````a simple question,have you ever used a Chinese web social network ?

weibo, Weixin, MoMo, Mimi```ect, none of them need your ID to register, just a random email address or unregistered mobile number```and those are the most used social networking webs and apps``````so i wonder what garbage info your high caste slave owners being feeding you people?

Inefficient corrupt Indian regime feeds its citizens with false stories of China to stupefy them into their own horrible conditions. No wonder India is what it is today...

You don't need ID to register, but you need ID to use all its features, as I have stated earlier. You get only limited features without verifying the account.

LoL actually you have to submit your IDs for even playing online games and there is a restriction on how many hours you can play a game everyday.It'S like 2-3 hours a day at max. Go over that the game won't let you in.
It's funny how even University rules are enforced they switch off the internet in the University campus at night 12 am and restart it again at morning 6.am. so that students would sleep instead of browse the internet.
I was told 10 years ago in 2000 etc. they even used to switch off the electricity in the night so that students dont stay awake using electronic instruments like tv,radio etc.

Depends on the university, and you can just go to the internet cafe.

Nomads feeling cool in using social networking

In bustling Chinese cities, urbanites use social media for chat and work; in the vast grasslands of north China's Inner Mongolia, nomads depend on it to sell cows and search for lost horses.

It is badly needed, as spreading information is very difficult in loosely populated areas where herdsmen would live dozens of kilometers apart.

Na Sutu, a Mongolian herder of Ujimqin Grassland in Xilin Gol League, regularly posts cattle information on Moments, an information-sharing function embedded in the popular instant messaging service WeChat, which he says brings much better businesses.

"In the past, I had to contact retailers to sell cows, but now business comes to me," the 32-year-old man said.

With the permeation of social media tools like microblog Weibo and WeChat, the lives in Mongolian yurts spread across the grassland have been revolutionized.

Gone are the days when Alamusi Qiqige used to spend days riding motorcycles or horses to find missing cows and horses on the extensive Abaga Banner grassland.

Now he can simply use his phone to contact fellow nomads, who are more than willing to offer a helping hand and forward messages on lost cattle.

"These mobile applications have become so useful for us," said Qiqige, who recently used WeChat to recover lost livestock.

The use of the technology even goes to rent houses, recruit workers and invite people for weekend parties.

Unlike regular phones with Chinese and English keyboards, Mongolian input functions are not yet popularized. Instead, local herdsmen take pictures of a piece of paper with the information written in Mongolian and upload the photos to instant messaging services.

Eyeing the emerging market, some companies have offered to publish messages for local people free of charge in public platforms on WeChat.

Local governments in Mongolian-concentrated areas have also jumped on the bandwagon by establishing platforms on the mobile service, as they publicize consultation services and government moves in dialect to keep the ethnic minorities in touch with policies.

"I am just glad to get connected in the mobile era, because it makes our lives easier and closer," said Siqin Bater, resident of Zhabilahu Village, Xianghuang Banner.

This is how social media is put in smart use rather than killing off peoples' time and spreading nonsense.

Depends on the university, and you can just go to the internet cafe.
Yes, but as far as i know most universities do that,Peking and fudan universities well its a different case there.
Yeah internet cafe helps, but if you are looking for research articles, home is a better place since you have all your work stored in your PC/laptop.As the access to some journals given by university will work only if you login using the ip address of the university internet provider, outside internet cafe ip wont work.

Nomads feeling cool in using social networking

In bustling Chinese cities, urbanites use social media for chat and work; in the vast grasslands of north China's Inner Mongolia, nomads depend on it to sell cows and search for lost horses.

It is badly needed, as spreading information is very difficult in loosely populated areas where herdsmen would live dozens of kilometers apart.

Na Sutu, a Mongolian herder of Ujimqin Grassland in Xilin Gol League, regularly posts cattle information on Moments, an information-sharing function embedded in the popular instant messaging service WeChat, which he says brings much better businesses.

"In the past, I had to contact retailers to sell cows, but now business comes to me," the 32-year-old man said.

With the permeation of social media tools like microblog Weibo and WeChat, the lives in Mongolian yurts spread across the grassland have been revolutionized.

Gone are the days when Alamusi Qiqige used to spend days riding motorcycles or horses to find missing cows and horses on the extensive Abaga Banner grassland.

Now he can simply use his phone to contact fellow nomads, who are more than willing to offer a helping hand and forward messages on lost cattle.

"These mobile applications have become so useful for us," said Qiqige, who recently used WeChat to recover lost livestock.

The use of the technology even goes to rent houses, recruit workers and invite people for weekend parties.

Unlike regular phones with Chinese and English keyboards, Mongolian input functions are not yet popularized. Instead, local herdsmen take pictures of a piece of paper with the information written in Mongolian and upload the photos to instant messaging services.

Eyeing the emerging market, some companies have offered to publish messages for local people free of charge in public platforms on WeChat.

Local governments in Mongolian-concentrated areas have also jumped on the bandwagon by establishing platforms on the mobile service, as they publicize consultation services and government moves in dialect to keep the ethnic minorities in touch with policies.

"I am just glad to get connected in the mobile era, because it makes our lives easier and closer," said Siqin Bater, resident of Zhabilahu Village, Xianghuang Banner.

This is how social media is put in smart use rather than killing off peoples' time and spreading nonsense.

In fact, applying social media in practical use can be seen in various sectors across rural China. I have for myself seen villages reaching out to the global market through online platform and market their local products.

Yes, it is still too early in the sense that there is still money to be made. Why let foreign competition in when your own companies are doing extremely well and control the entire market? Therefore, it is not because China is backward in social media, thus, it bans foreigner; it is vice versa, China is strong and Chinese social media is profitable and technologically-advanced, hence even no slightest need to let foreigner come in and compete unnecessarily.

Morally right or wrong, no body cares; what is important is money and national wealth.

Allowing foreign competition just does not make sense. This is not something that you would need foreign expertise, after all. For automobiles, for example, China does still need foreigners, hence the JV scheme with minority shares held by the foreigner. Japan, on the other, does not need foreign tech/expertise, hence, they protect their auto industry.

When China does not need foreign expertise/money in social media business, why let them in.

It is pragmatic to monopolize your home market for ever.

Good policy though, it indeed has helped Chinese internet/tech company grow bigger and stronger. Even though it limits chinese people from interacting with others in the world, since U.S internet companies have a worldwide audience, hence to interact with others worldwide Chinese people have to pass through them. Apart from that i agree its indeed not a quite bad policy to foster your own homegrown national champions, Japan has done just that in its automobile industry with its restrictive/tarriffs policies which has limited western/U.S companies from breaking into/dominating Japanese auto industry, in which its now a world leader.

We will have to see though, if Chinese internet giants can be as suscessful abroad as they have been in China, giving they now increasingly have the size/capital/market cap of their american counterparts. So we still have to wait and see how they can perform abroad(which i doubt they will be able to be as their more global american peers). Time will tell. But ia gree with you, the benefits to China of its current policy does indeed seem to outweight the costs.

A lot of Mainland Chinese accessed YouTube, Facebook and Tweeter.

Know the truth of China ugliness and Tienanmen 1989.

There will be a huge revolution after APEC.

It's not a secret anymore, everyone know this.

Wish Chinese people could access to any social medias they want, not any social medias the government could control.

Wish Chinese people could access to any social medias they want, not any social medias the government could control.

If pigs could fly...

By the way, any Onion articles to prove your points?

Onion is best for you, considering the level of your IQ.

I'll be blunt, chinese are not ready for freedom of speech and freedom of media. Look at Eastern Lightning and Falun Gong. If 0.1% of the population, they are a force to be reckon with. There are dumb chinese.

True human being should never be tightly control by any government entities. Free to live or die to live free.

It's comfortable to be able to insert Youtube, Facebook, ... clip into this forum, Pakistan Defence Forum.
We can't find the option to put China source.

Back
Top Bottom