What's new

China lifts ban on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube at APEC meet

No. Just it does not give them a sh**.

China has its own social media giants, which ensures that the money and employment stay in China. Call it protectionism and take the issue to WTO.

What others think on this issue is China's last concern, if any, really.

That's not the case here, actually a free social media is perceived to be dangerous by communist governments.

No. Just it does not give them a sh**.

China has its own social media giants, which ensures that the money and employment stay in China. Call it protectionism and take the issue to WTO.

What others think on this issue is China's last concern, if any, really.

That's not the case here, actually a free social media is perceived to be dangerous by communist governments.

Well i agree with you on the protectionist part, since it has enable China to create its own internet eco system which is now almost as big as that of the U.S, thus helping create a new industry/growth for China as we can see with Chinese internet giants like Aliababa, Tencent, Baidu, Netease etc. which no other country has apart from the U.S to such scale. So today its surprising to see there is a U.S internet and China internet system in the world today. Thats good for you people i guess.

However, now that Chinese internet companies totally dominate their local market and now even going abroad to compete with U.S ones, why doesnt China open its market now to U.S internet companies/social medias?:D Dont tell me Chinese companies are still not strong enough to compete with the U.S in China?:cheesy: So thats not an excuse anymore, so why is your government still restricting U.S internet giants from operating in China? Think they are scared of instability this might create, isn't it?:D:P;)
Try to sow dissent? CNN blocked comments while reddit censors and faked votes. America is obviously trying to shape opinion. Not that naive.

Try to sow dissent? CNN blocked comments while reddit censors and faked votes. America is obviously trying to shape opinion. Not that naive.

I dont doubt that bro, since its in the interests of any world power to shape public opinion into his/her own favor if she has the capabilities t do so. So i wouldnt expect it to be different for the U.S, im not that Naive bros.

But then again, why doesnt China just allow in competition from U.S social medias and try to also 'sow dissent'/expand its own social media abroad as well? Afterall, if we can do it, why cant you?:D Thats why i said its just an excuse China is using to keep out U.S internet firms from its market, which can also be a threat to the CCP, since they are scared of anything which might threatened their rule.:P Anyway its your country, so you people can do whatever you want with it.:bunny:

Well i agree with you on the protectionist part, since it has enable China to create its own internet eco system which is now almost as big as that of the U.S, thus helping create a new industry/growth for China as we can see with Chinese internet giants like Aliababa, Tencent, Baidu, Netease etc. which no other country has apart from the U.S to such scale. So today its surprising to see there is a U.S internet and China internet system in the world today. Thats good for you people i guess.

However, now that Chinese internet companies totally dominate their local market and now even going abroad to compete with U.S ones, why doesnt China open its market now to U.S internet companies/social medias?:D Dont tell me Chinese companies are still not strong enough to compete with the U.S in China?:cheesy: So thats not an excuse anymore, so why is your government still restricting U.S internet giants from operating in China? Think they are scared of instability this might create, isn't it?:D:P;)

lolwut that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, sorry.

"Hey, Microsoft, you are way too dominant and strong in your industry. Are you scared of competitors? Why you gotta keep other operating systems and non x86 architectures out of the PC market huh?"

What organization would give up market share if it doesn't have to?

bad decision by china dont lose your market to america

I dont doubt that bro, since its in the interests of any world power to shape public opinion into his/her own favor if she has the capabilities t do so. So i wouldnt expect it to be different for the U.S, im not that Naive bros.

But then again, why doesnt China just allow in competition from U.S social medias and try to also 'sow dissent'/expand its own social media abroad as well? Afterall, if we can do it, why cant you? Thats why i said its just an excuse China is using to keep out U.S internet firms from its market, which can also be a threat to the CCP, since they are scared of anything which might threatened their rule. Anyway its your country, so you people can do whatever you want with it.

Is Alibaba a social media? Alibaba stores email? Amazon isn't blocked in China. No deal for social media. US is light years ahead in brain washing the masses, I too was taken away until US mess up in the middle east. US ulterior motives were never good.

US demonize other country like Syria, Russia and China so they can become a fake superhero enforcing those so call justice which resulted in millions of death.

ban or not ban we can use them anyway, the domestic social network sits and apps are quite mature and solid now, so its time to let the competition in, but i dont think they will be any success
Like MSN :D

别忘了社交媒体在‘颜色革命’和阿拉伯之春‘起到的作用
负面情绪会传染,社交媒体显然是一个快速的转播渠道
中国现在最需要做的是提高国民生活水平,不是无休止的争议

Don't forget social media in the 'Color Revolutions' and the Arabia spring' role

Negative emotions are contagious, social media is obviously a fast broadcastchannel

China is now the most need to do is to improve the people's living standard, not the endless disputes

The decision to tempo lift ban on youtube, facebook is more unreasonable than the previous decision to ban them.
They are wrong or not ? The tempo lift is correct wrong decision or not.

The reason Chinese government ban facebook,youtube and twitter is Chinese government thought the Chinese people should be controlled,the Chinese elites fear the Chinese people

The reason Chinese government ban facebook,youtube and twitter is Chinese government thought the Chinese people should be controlled,the Chinese elites fear the Chinese people
Now you explained the reason for ban. And you represent us again. Good try. You seriously consider that our people are easily controlled. :D Now you are talking to well controlled people, don't blame if people throw sh!t to you. :D

Our gov should fear people for it has bigest support population. No doubt. There are some facts that white collars ban Google, MSN, we dont refuse to welcome another ban. Currently, we have very matured SNS, weibo, weixin etc. Any challenge is welcomed. Another fact is we have the way to access outside SNS, but some people have no way to access our SNS, that is why we are called blind.:D

We really 'fear' fabrications, especially those low fabrications. The world has too much distortions, we don't need it. Just feed yourself. We experieced many fabricated news/things/stories. Its good that some people enjoy it. I for one just have no interests, I care more about my own business.

We are immune to these fabrications, but it seems that someone got a fever for that we dont buy those cheap story. So sad, so happy.:o:

Again, another marvellous post from you, cheers, you got it. :crazy:

Now you explained the reason for ban. And you represent us again. Good try. You seriously consider that our people are easily controlled. :D Now you are talking to well controlled people, don't blame if people throw sh!t to you. :D

Our gov should fear people for it has bigest support population. No doubt. There are some facts that white collars ban Google, MSN, we dont refuse to welcome another ban. Currently, we have very matured SNS, weibo, weixin etc. Any challenge is welcomed. Another fact is we have the way to access outside SNS, but some people have no way to access our SNS, that is why we are called blind.:D

We really 'fear' fabrications, especially those low fabrications. The world has too much distortions, we don't need it. Just feed yourself. We experieced many fabricated news/things/stories. Its good that some people enjoy it. I for one just have no interests, I care more about my own business.

We are immune to these fabrications, but it seems that someone got a fever for that we dont buy those cheap story. So sad, so happy.:o:

Again, another marvellous post from you, cheers, you got it. :crazy:
If you think you can use Baidu to serch academic papers,then I think you don't know the reality,because Baidu is crappy for serch academic papers.And facebook,twitter and youtube are tools for people to contact with outside world,the Chinese government simply don't want this
You don't represent Chinese,I don't represent Chinese neither,I speak for myself,and criticize the wrong decision of government is the thing a real patriot should do,this will make your society forward,blindly support government is not good

ban or not ban we can use them anyway, the domestic social network sits and apps are quite mature and solid now, so its time to let the competition in, but i dont think they will be any success
don't be so confident. FB and Twitter will put many Chinese social sites out of business if it weren't for Chinese government.

Even now, if China allow them full access to your market, they will conquer and destroy.

Don't be so cocky.

bad decision by china dont lose your market to america

Chinese government and the people now have this sense they are superior to the west. They are just being hustle.

Back
Top Bottom