What's new

China leaders preside at WWII massacre remembrance

Nanjing massacre of 1937: Taiwan urges nations to learn from history | Politics | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

Nanjing massacre of 1937: Taiwan urges nations to learn from history
2014/12/13 16:58:55

Taipei, Dec. 13 (CNA) History cannot be forgotten, and countries should learn from history and make efforts to promote peace in the region, a Taiwanese official said Saturday, the 77th anniversary of the start of the Nanjing Massacre committed by Japanese troops in China during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945).

Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Anna Kao said the massacre was a historical tragedy, when asked about the issue.

In reiterating the Republic of China's stance, Kao said that history cannot be forgotten, and she called on the countries involved to learn from history to avoid recurrence of such tragedies. She also urged countries in the region to develop friendly relations and work together to promote peace and stability in the region.

On Dec. 13, 1937, Japanese troops broke through Nanjing's defenses and entered the then-capital of the ROC. They occupied the city for more than a month.

It was during that time that Japanese troops carried out the atrocity, butchering hundreds of thousands of Chinese soldiers and civilians in Nanjing, an incident some historians describe as the Rape of Nanjing.

In China on Saturday, President Xi Jinping and other Chinese officials attended a remembrance ceremony at a memorial hall in Nanjing for the massacre victims, in a gesture aimed at promoting peace, according to China's state media, Xinhua News Agency.

The Chinese and Japanese people should live in friendship and make joint efforts to contribute to the peace of humanity, he was quoted as saying by Xinhua.

"We should not bear hatred against an entire nation just because a small minority of militarists launched aggressive wars. The responsibilities for war crimes lie with a few militarists, but not the people. However, we cannot at any time forget the severe crimes committed by aggressors," Xi said.

I'm not sure if humanity will ever forgive the Japanese for their war crimes.

i think 99% of humanity give a shit about "japanese warcrims". Most people here love japan. I love sushi, nintendo and sony. I would love to visit japan, mostly kyoto and hope i can participate in a business trip there. Since JAL signed a huhe deal with airbus this might come true soon.

P.s.: Japan erased any war guilt with the creation of "The Legend of Zelda"

Most of Japanese still don't admit these, for them, it is not their business, just ancestors or some extremist 's guilty, good excuse, they can enjoy the wealth or benefit from invading other country directly or indirectly, but don't want......

It is behavior of nation and race, not just fault of someone, if one hurt even want kill you one by one, don't repent sincerely, how make them don't hurt you and nexgen? destroying them!

The Japanese were so barbaric that even the Nazis in Europe were disgusted.

I really wish that there is a way forward but the crime is too great to bear. East Asia will be divided for a long time to come.

Reminding our people the sad history does not mean we want to pass the hatred and agitate the war, but to tell our descendants that if we fall behind, we will be beaten.
告诉我们的后代这段悲伤的历史,并不意味着我们要传递仇恨并且挑起战争,而是要告诉他们,落后就会挨打,就会被人欺凌。
为雪国耻身先死,重整河山待后生!

i think 99% of humanity give a shit about "japanese warcrims". Most people here love japan. I love sushi, nintendo and sony. I would love to visit japan, mostly kyoto and hope i can participate in a business trip there. Since JAL signed a huhe deal with airbus this might come true soon.

It does matter when Japanese wanted to do business with world 2nd largest economy. Unfortunately, Japan do not depend on small Italy for survive or revival. So you opinions counts nothing. You see how brilliant Abe economy is working for Japan , sending them to contraction..

I regret to say what you said is true.

Reminding our people the sad history does not mean we want to pass the hatred and agitate the war, but to tell our descendants that if we fall behind, we will be beaten.
告诉我们的后代这段悲伤的历史,并不意味着我们要传递仇恨并且挑起战争,而是要告诉他们,落后就会挨打,就会被人欺凌。
为雪国耻身先死,重整河山待后生!

The Buddha says that hatred is like holding a burning coal in your bare hands and trying to burn your enemies with it.

Learn HISTORY

SXRB201309161359000405978584487.jpg

20080905_41075bff9010f2ecfab1EUMvqqttIczq.jpg

the times of India is not owned by indian government. its private firm they can claim whatever they want it doesnt have any credibility. we are talking about war happened between two nations so only credible source is which is given by either of government anything else your so called third party article is just BS. it has no value.
Yes,and your big mouth is not a credible source neither. So after all, your claim of “PLA kill women and children" is no value in your logic, right?

Yes,and your big mouth is not a credible source neither. So after all, your claim of “PLA kill women and children" is no value in your logic, right?
Indian loves to tell lies and distort facts. Its a bad habit they pick up from their colonial master. :D

Have you read the link I posted? You can act dumb and live in delusion. But readers of that report will know the truth.
i dont want to derail thread. we will discuss this topic some other time. i admit i posted some nonsense. sorry for that. i have edited it

i have edited my post.

One ticket in this room of U.N means everything after WWII world, winner is the truth until to next WW.

mural.jpg

2216615441696818387.jpg

Back
Top Bottom