What's new

China leaders preside at WWII massacre remembrance

Action speaks more than slogan.

We are construction the enlarged artificial islands on the SCS, and what you can do so far? :coffee:

The thief is always violate the rules of international law.

You obviously don't know what Han Jian means. Or maybe that's the wetdream of Pho Chi Minh's? :rofl:

Han Jian mean chinese traitors and thiefs, to make money they can betray and steal. China stolen Islands of Vietnam she is Han Jian, the thief with warfare.

This form of jigai (suicide) is extreme and is done by those who really observe Bushido. It is also an excruciating way to die, the plunging of a dagger to one's abdomen then sawing it from one one lateral side to the other lateral side. One is lucky if one pierces the abdominal aorta thus death will be quick, but if not, it takes minutes, if not hours. Usually this form of jigai is done by Japanese, tho it was rarely done by soldiers. Probably by politicians , or high ranking officers who were of the Samurai class.

As for soldiers; there was a saying when defeat was imminent -- 四面楚歌. And when it was the case, rifles were fixed with bayonets and a general call to charge was made; these were banzai charges. Death was ensured.
-
-

The official Marine history, of the Saipan battle, describes (scroll down 90%) the scene along the island's coast on July 8, 1944:

The enemy pocketed in the area had destroyed themselves in suicidal rushes from the high cliffs to the rocky beach below. Many were observed, along with hundreds of civilians,wading out into the sea and permitting themselves to be drowned. Others committed hara-kiri with knives, or killed themselves with grenades. Some officers, using their swords, decapitated many of their troops.

Officers also killed themselves. The Emperor’s hero of Pearl Harbor, Vice Admiral Nagumo, was among those dead.

But the killing did not stop. On July 9, the final day of the Saipan battle, Lt. Colonel Chambers watched in horror as even Japanese civilians died:

During this day [the 9th of July] as we moved along the cliffs and caves, we uncovered civilians all the time. The Jap soldiers would not surrender, and would not permit the civilians to surrender.

I saw with my own eyes women, some carrying children, come out of the caves and start toward our lines. They’d be shot down by their own people.

I watched any numbers of women carrying children come down to the cliffs that dropped to the ocean. They were very steep, very precipitous. The women would come down and throw the children into the ocean and jump in and commit suicide.

I watched one group at a distance of perhaps 100 yards, about eight or ten civilian men, women and children get into a little huddle and blow themselves up...It was a sad and terrible thing...

Lt. Stott witnessed (scroll down 90%) other atrocities as the Japanese ended their own lives:

Interpreters were summoned, and they [Americans] pleaded by amplifier for the [Japanese]civilians to come forward in surrender. No movement followed... The people drew closer together into a compact mass.

It was still predominantly civilians, but several in uniform could be distinguished circling about in the throng and using the civilians for protection. As they huddled closer, sounds of a weird singing chant carried up to us. Suddenly a waving flag of the Rising Sun was unfurled. Movement grew more agitated; men started leaping into the sea, and the chanting gave way to startled cries, and with them the popping sound of detonating grenades.

It was the handful of soldiers, determined to prevent the surrender or escape of their kinfolk, who tossed grenades into the milling throng of men, women and children, and then dived into the sea from which escape was impossible.The exploding grenades cut the mob into patches of dead, dying and wounded and, for the first time, we actually saw water that ran red with human blood.

Not all civilians listened to the military directives, however. Some of them chose to live, instead of die. And ... soldiers from the 27th Infantry were able to rescue an infant, covered with flies, whom they found in a cave filled with hundreds of dead bodies. link

Forgive and move on.
Though i agree Japan also has to repent for its past crimes(which it hasn't really done properly/sincerely for some reason, unlike Germany). But still China has to grow up and move on, instead of always crying about the past(like many other Asian countriesfor that matter) like babies. :coffee:

Forgive and move on.
Though i agree Japan also has to repent for its past crimes(which it hasn't really done properly/sincerely for some reason, unlike Germany). But still China has to grow up and move on, instead of always crying about the past(like many other Asian countriesfor that matter) like babies. :coffee:

The Japanese economy is crumbling, that's why they are moving back to the past imperialism.

If they wanna fight, then just go ahead.

Forgive and move on.

Past should always be remembered to avoid future tragedy, and if sin is not properly repented forgiveness should in fact not be given, otherwise crime would be more likely repeated in the future by whatever side, not being settled as should be.

I must admit that I want to kill all Japanese after I study the history.
to be consumed by the feeling of injustice at such magnitute and resulted wish for revenge will put heavy pressure on the conscience and cloud judgement, however if someone close to you suffered those crimes and has showed their pain in front of you again and again your feeling and emotion will be inevitably tainted as well, in that sense it might be considered as "fortunate" that most of younger generation chinese of today learned those crimes from the textbook instead of seeing the scars on their relatives, still there are also many chinese like myself who do not have such fortune and are forced to share the pain from our loved ones, while my resolve and hate for japanese would never be shaken by the pathetic acts of japanese (insidious politicians and oblivious common folks alike) I would not wish the same experience on any of my compatriots.

Forgive and move on.

no lol. No one is in a position to tell us to move on. Compared to Japan, we are on a position of strength, so who is to tell us to move on? Japan can refuse to repent - that's absolutely OK. But then don't be surprised when we hit back. Don't be surprised when people call for military action - because that's on them, not us. Everyone is responsible for their own actions, and lives with the consequences. They have chosen their path, so they shouldn't cry about whatever happens next.

Back
Top Bottom