What's new

China Just Overtook The US As The World's Largest Economy by PPP

sadly he is right. even a former colony like hong kong has higher GDP than vietnam. :(:hitwall:

the old tactic to derail ( change from compare China to USA to China to Vietnam, LOL. Actually that's a bad tactic )
I'm not the Vietnamese govt. I'm just an ordinary man from nowhere.
I could see clearly about what media make for propaganda.

I see, Vietnam poorer, China slightly poor same to Thailand, poorer than Malaysia and Russia; Korea and Taiwan, Singapore more prosperous, Japan and USA are rich.
I learn from statistic that Chinese poor population are bigger than total population of USA.
And the standard for a person to be called poor in China is 1$ per day.
1.25$ per day income cannot get the support from the govt.

And we all know that poor people cannot spend money of rich people.

Last edited:
the old tactic to derail.
I'm not the Vietnamese govt. I'm just an ordinary man from nowhere.
I could see clearly about what media make for propaganda.
what is an old tactic? I read in business article that hong kong has higher GDP than us. I am angry and sad at our slow progress. vcp is not good for us.

sadly he is right. even a former colony like hong kong has higher GDP than vietnam. :(:hitwall:

and than China in living standard. How about NK backed by China? and SK backed by US ?
HK GDP is not from the China base. by inheritance of UK remain.

As an ordinary, I don't care about how big the total, but how much I can get from my income.

Do you know, India with average 4,000 $ / person / year ( PPP ) also a country in the top 3 of GDP by PPP? just below China ( ranked 2 )

World GDP Ranking 2014 | Data and Charts - knoema.com

Last edited:
It is impressive but as an earlier poster pointed out, it is comparing a country that has 1.1 billion more people than the United States. China should have a huge and growing economy. Just think of how much more prosperous and influential China would be if she matched her dynamic market-driven economy with real political reform and true democracy.

I hope so. But I don't think that they should progress into democracy country in just a blink of time. Because a change of government system will destabilize the country and it's bad for them. So let them progress little by little. I'm sure in near future, China will be more democracy than today. Not because they want to, but because they need to.

Huh? Uh no, population is not the only factor, but it is a big factor, hence why China, even if run into the ground by radical Marxists, would still have a bigger GDP than Luxenbourg. It's really an easy concept to grasp if one doesn’t take it to extremes.

View attachment 119570 You mean countries like Germany and Japan? Yeah, how awful that whole democracy thing turned out for them! :rofl: Who would want to be the two most prosperous countries on the planet after the United States, have guaranteed individual freedom, with the rule of law and free and fair elections, excellent public education, worker's rights, and social safety nets that are the envy of peoples everywhere? Poor bastards...

Germany and Japan got elections but lost their independent foreign policy.
That is not a trade I would ever make.

I'd have no right to vote for corrupt politicians and still have an independent foreign policy than the other way round.

Most democratic countries have the right to elect crooks, but only a handful of countries have an independent foreign policy.
You are not free until you have an independent foreign policy. Only US, Russia, China and Iran have truly independent foreign policies.

I hope so. But I don't think that they should progress into democracy country in just a blink of time. Because a change of government system will destabilize the country and it's bad for them. So let them progress little by little. I'm sure in near future, China will be more democracy than today. Not because they want to, but because they need to.

their people ask to have. I can estimate when.

People trying to bring GDP per capita into the discussion are missing the point. This is a military forum not an economic forum. During the 1980s, the Soviet Union devoted between 15 to 17 percent of its GDP to military spending. If China did that today with its $17.6 trillion PPP GDP, we could have a military budget of $2.64 to $2.99 trillion. The Soviet Union has always had a poor standard of living. But that didn't stop them from being a global military power.

Congratulation.

When I wrote that India is third largest economy by PPP, one Chinese idiot mess with and argued that PPP is a useless criterion. Now one chinese opening up a thread of China becoming No 1 Economy on the basis of PPP. I hope that now chinese won't refute that India is No 3 economy by PPP.

Good luck to China.

Congratulation.

When I wrote that India is third largest economy by PPP, one Chinese idiot mess with and argued that PPP is a useless criterion. Now one chinese opening up a thread of China becoming No 1 Economy on the basis of PPP. I hope that now chinese won't refute that India is No 3 economy by PPP.

Good luck to China.

And good luck to India. You and China occupied the 2nd and 3rd rank in top 3 of largest economies.
China and India created 2.5 billion of population equal 35% of world population.
Let together create at least 35% of GWP in PPP , about 35 trillion

USA and Japan make 6.3% of world population but created at least 20% of GWP in PPP

Last edited:
Congratulation.

Good luck to China.

PPP is only relevant if you can produce your military equipment domestically.

For example, if you need to import the PAK FA from Russia, you can't pay in PPP rupees. Russia will probably demand a hard currency such as US Dollars or Euros.

Congratulation.

Good luck to China.
we don't care how much our GDP or PPP is ,even our govt is trying to move away the GDP terms from the official assessment standards.
none of our mainstream media put this news as the headline.

PPP is only relevant if you can produce your military equipment domestically.

For example, if you need to import the PAK FA from Russia, you can't pay in PPP rupees. Russia will probably demand a hard currency such as US Dollars or Euros.

or renminbi

And good luck to India. You and China occupied the 2nd and 3rd rank in top 3 of largest economies.

Actually Indian Economy is much larger than it seems. Documents of Properties is made at 1/3 rd of the price to avoid capital Gain and stamp duty. A propert worth RS 50 lakhs is considered at Rs 15 lakh as per government DATA. A huge middle class have emerged which has a monthly expense of Just 25 to 30% of their income. They invest the money in real assets and Shares.

Actually Indian Economy is much larger than it seems. Documents of Properties is made at 1/3 rd of the price to avoid capital Gain and stamp duty. A propert worth RS 50 lakhs is considered at Rs 15 lakh as per government DATA. A huge middle class have emerged which has a monthly expense of Just 25 to 30% of their income. They invest the money in real assets and Shares.

I see. It's same here in Vietnam.

and than China in living standard. How about NK backed by China? and SK backed by US ?
HK GDP is not from the China base. by inheritance of UK remain.

As an ordinary, I don't care about how big the total, but how much I can get from my income.

Do you know, India with average 4,000 $ / person / year ( PPP ) also a country in the top 3 of GDP by PPP? just below China ( ranked 2 )
your points make sense about india but the HK GDP i read was from 2013. china took over HK in 1997. there is not a close correlation to say it was by inheritance.

Back
Top Bottom