What's new

China Just Overtook The US As The World's Largest Economy by PPP

Congrat. 1.4 billion of Chinese and FDI just reach the same production value as 0.3 billion of US could make.

Mexico City population: 21.2 Million
Population of Vietnam: 89.71 Million

Mexico City GDP: 411.4 Billion
Vietnam GPD: 171.4 Billion

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, Veitnamese are so smart and hardworking. When you guys pass mexico city, come back and let know :haha:

Depending on the agency doing the calculation. For example, by IMF and CIA, China's PPP last year is about 3.4 trillion USD behind USA. However, by world bank, China's PPP last year is only 642 billion behind USA.

This goes to show that PPP is just bull crap. The only way to measure economic growth is by the standard of living of people, low poverty rate, high literacy rate, public sanitation, and plenty of opportunity for people who want to work hard and get ahead. By these standards, China is doing very well. So congrats to China(independent of this PPP crap)

Who are you?Are you Chinese?You think Chinese are all so depressive like you?Good thing is good thing,no need always to considers the bad side.Have some confidence,chinese,that's the source of power.
I think is bad thing. Foreigners will use it on the negotiating table. Is like giving them more excuses to make demand. For example America is demanding China to do more on climate change despite having GDP per capita lower than most first world countries.

With a status of a great economy powerhouse, China share the responsibility of a world power, China need to contribute more to charity, donate money and provide more health service to the world poor.

You mean Germany and Japan, the two countries that were already industrial powers before WWII? There is a reason I specified the term "after WWII". This is because prior to WWII, there is enough time for countries to accumulate starting capital through colonies or plain invasion of other countries. This is how Japan and Germany kick started their industrialization. BTW, Germany established its industry under a monarchy and Japan did it under a fascism/monarchy.

South Korea's economic prosperity started in late 1950s where the cold war promoted NATO to build infrastructure in South Korea as a front line base in East Asia theatre. It has nothing to do with its political model. In fact, the fastest development period in South Korea is commonly known the most most authoritarian period of Korean history in the recent times. Of course, its economy was behind North Korea until the late 80s, where the weakening of USSR great reduced energy supply to North Korea.

I would highly recommend learning a bit history before commenting. Though I am a bit curious on what you consider democracy, because typically when I hear someone that consider "democracy" and "freedom" to be the cure all for countries. They really only care about being open elective. In that case, pre-WWII Japan and Germany can both be consider democracy, because both countries run with open elections.

Very good points, indeed!

I would say, it is good news, but just that, good news, and we move on -- nothing to become complacent about. There is still a long way China needs to take until it truly becomes the greatest nation on the face of the earth. So, do not lose the big pictures amid all these dust and turmoil of information.

Whatever has been achieved, it is thanks to the people and government of China. This is no time to get distracted. Interesting and exciting times, for sure, but, we are still not there yet.

So, back to work, China! :china:

My salary does not increase that fast!
:lol: i know what you mean
Very good points, indeed!

I would say, it is good news, but just that, good news, and we move on -- nothing to become complacent about. There is still a long way China needs to take until it truly becomes the greatest nation on the face of the earth. So, do not lose the big pictures amid all these dust and turmoil of information.

Whatever has been achieved, it is thanks to the people and government of China. This is no time to get distracted. Interesting and exciting times, for sure, but, we are still not there yet.

So, back to work, China! :china:

Agree, we should take this news just as a normal milestone. Nothing to brag about, it will take a long time before the Chinese population enjoys the same GDP per capita as the Western counterpart with our massive population. As long we keep our eyes on the roadmap and marching forward China will reach plenty of goals. China is transforming at a pace never seen before.

nice work china. now you can take one hundred years rest and let great Vietnam and Japan take over.

Mexico City population: 21.2 Million
Population of Vietnam: 89.71 Million

Mexico City GDP: 411.4 Billion
Vietnam GPD: 171.4 Billion

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, Veitnamese are so smart and hardworking. When you guys pass mexico city, come back and let know :haha:

an ordinary still able to realize "The Emperor is naked ........................................ with the crown only"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom