What's new

China issues safety notice to tourists in Turkey

I remember visiting Istanbul a couple of years ago. People would ask me were I was from and I would say Pakistan and the Turkish would always have a smile on their face. when I said that. Beautiful country.

True Turkey and pakistan are real best friends(fellow muslims at that).Im sure pakistani in general will stand with their fellow muslim turkish brothers/friend against any country that oppresses muslims if push comes to shove. :cheers:

True Turkey and pakistan are real best friends(fellow muslims at that).Im sure pakistani in general will stand with their fellow muslim turkish brothers/friend against any country that oppresses muslims if push comes to shove. :cheers:

You are too deep.

But your sureness is unwarranted. Countries act according to their interests, not by some hazy umbrella idea. This is actually how you managed to colonize half of the world. Why would Pakistan behave the other way? You take them as stupid?

As a matter of fact, Pakistan has been a victim of terrorism and it is one of the few countries that understands China very well. On the other hand, it is NATO's responsibility to check on Turkey (both to make sure that it is not attacked and that it will not be hotbed for terrorism).

You might freely roam around and preach Christendom, but we have long passed the stage of kings that got their legitimacy from the Church. Nation states are one of the most selfish institutions ever created by man.

Last edited:
keep-calm-and-remove-kebab-9.png

Attacking Asian-looking tourists and rioting chinese restaurants will surely help to establish "east-turkistan". They are showing their true face: aggresiv, idotic warmongers.

keep-calm-and-remove-kebab-9.png

Attacking Asian-looking tourists and rioting chinese restaurants will surely help to establish "east-turkistan". They are showing their true face: aggresiv, idotic warmongers.

You're right about those ultranationalistic hooligans, but leave the kebab out of this! What has kebab ever done to you except for being delicious? Have you ever tried a Turkish pizza? Dürüm? Or even an authentic Dutch kapsalon? The kebab is innocent!

Why would Pakistan behave the other way? You take them as stupid?
I am sure state of Pakistan is ready for all kind scenarios in that region, be it India or China.
For now I see no reason for Pakistan to behave differently.

Turkey’s domestic, international difficulties underlie anti-China protest
2015-7-6 -- Global Times

Relations between Turkey and China have been strained recently after a series of anti-China demonstrations were carried out by Turkish nationalists. Hundreds of protesters, claiming to be acting in solidarity with the Turkic Muslim Uyghurs, complained of China's treatment of its Uyghur community in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.

Protesters even attacked a group of Korean tourists in Istanbul's old city on Saturday, mistaking them for Chinese people. The incident followed distorted Turkish media reports of restrictions placed on Muslim Uyghurs worshiping and fasting during the holy month of Ramadan.

China has denied the accusations, with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs saying that all people in Xinjiang enjoy the freedom of religious belief accorded to them by the Chinese Constitution. China has also warned its citizens traveling in Turkey to be careful of protests.

Turkey has no right to intervene in China's domestic affairs. The factors underlying anti-China protests are worth exploring. The protests reflect the international and domestic challenges Turkey is facing. Ankara, by exaggerating issues surrounding Xinjiang's Uyghurs, is attempting to divert public attention away from these problems.

Internationally, the Turkish government has been criticized for its stance on many conflicts in the Middle East, including its relations with Syria. Turkey has long been involved in the Syria crisis by providing political and even military support for Syria's opposition factions, which has damaged the relationship between Ankara and Damascus. The Turkish government has also failed to play an active role in fighting against the Islamic State.

The Turkish government is experiencing domestic difficulties as well. Admittedly, by developing friendly relationships with other countries, Turkey has previously enjoyed economic prosperity. However, this golden time has passed. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is now facing increasing criticism over his concentration of power. The Islamist bent of his governance has triggered dissatisfaction at home. Under such a situation, the Turkish government is trying to distract its citizens' attention from these problems with the issue of Muslim Uyghurs in Xinjiang.

The Xinjiang issue is also seen by the Turkish government as a bargaining chip in its deals with China. Turkey is located along the Silk Road Economic Belt and Ankara has long been active in facilitating cooperation with China's "One Belt, One Road" strategy. The Turkish government, by taking advantage of issues with Xinjiang, wants to gain more economic benefits and have better chances when its chips are down. This is absolutely wrong. If the China-Turkey relationship deteriorates, the losses will outweigh the gains for Turkey.

Last but not least, many Turks, see themselves as sharing a common cultural and religious background with Uyghurs in China. Some extreme nationalists with Pan-Turkish sentiment stir up trouble whenever something happens to the Uyghurs.

The Turkish government has often taken an ambiguous attitude toward such nationalism. The government's passivity will encourage the expansion of Turkish nationalism and trigger even more violent protests. The government's ambiguous attitude has fueled the anti-China protests.

The deteriorating relationship between China and Turkey will do no good to either side and the government should condemn and curb anti-China protests carried out by the group of extreme nationalists.

China should cut off all relations with Turkey. Turkey offers China absolutely nothing.

Turkish excitement seems to be seasonal.

As the article says, they are in need of distracting public's attention.

Before, they had riled against Italy for one reason. And then they became very angry at France over Armenian Genocide ruling in its parliament. After the ship incident in the Mediterranean, they almost saw themselves taking back Jerusalem.

All forgotten, and all gone. Israel is Turkey's best business partner in the region if you rule out some cozy relations with Gulf countries which keep pumping hot money into Turkey.

We just need to wait until they cool off.

Last edited:
Turkish excitement seems to be seasonal.

As the article says, they are in need of distracting public's attention.

Before they riled against Italy for one reason. And then they became very angry at France over Armenian Genocide ruling in its parliament. After the ship incident in the Mediterranean, they almost saw themselves taking back Jerusalem.

All forgotten, and all gone. Israel is Turkey's best business partner in the region if you rule out some cozy relations with Gulf countries which keep pumping hot money into Turkey.

We just need to wait until they cool off.

If it was me, I would cut off all relations with Turkey including economic until its stops supporting terrorist organisations.

If it was me, I would cut off all relations with Turkey including economic until its stops supporting terrorist organisations.

:D

China would be the 8th then.

As of April 22, 2015: Syria, Egypt, Israel, Libya, Yemen, the Vatican, and Austria have no diplomatic relations with Turkey.

Last edited:
:D

Where is Turkey?

Turkey is in fact just very insignificant in China's strategic calculations. It is irrelevant. And your terrorist-lover president is not welcome in China just as he is not welcome in Europe and the US.

Let him pay more visits to Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

If your leftist party got elected, you would have a better chance of linking up with the Silk Road projects, but, you have lost the chance and this anti-China sentiment and blatant disregard for its territorial sovereignty have just killed off your remaining chances.

China knows the state sponsor of global terror nature of Turkish "government," hence keeps your country out of its development projects. Now, after solving your "East Turkestan" problem, focus a little on the 900km-long border with Syria.

Last edited:
This plan is problematic for China itself, almost all those regional places pointed in your map face some very serious crisis one way or another your belt ends in Turkey and depends on your relations with Turkey. This map is failure for those who want to trade safer and faster.
History is a proof.

Could it be possible that your brain is smaller than your eyes?

one way or another your belt ends in Turkey

Which ones exactly? Through which routes?

The one through South Pacific, Indian Ocean, the Persian Gulf, and Mediterranean--- Southern Europe?

The one through Russia, or the one through Iran?

I see none of them ending in Turkey. China has negotiated nothing with you over the Belt and Road while it launched several linking projects in the Balkans, Russia and Central Asia.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom