What's new

CHINA IS BEING COMPARED TO PRE-WWI IMPERIAL GERMANY

Exactly right, the CCP works by "consensus".
Do you grasp the key difference in resulting governance between consensual (like the CCP and the Catholic church) and oppositional (parliamentary or U.S.-type) party systems?

Do you grasp the key difference in resulting governance between consensual (like the CCP and the Catholic church) and oppositional (parliamentary or U.S.-type) party systems?

You mean the result that China is rising and the USA is declining?

Or were you looking for some other kind of result?

You mean the result that China is rising and the USA is declining? Or were you looking for some other kind of result?
Not that specific. I mean in general the difference, what happens when you throw an issue at one lot vs. throwing the same issue at the other.

Not that specific. I mean in general the difference, what happens when you throw an issue at one lot vs. throwing the same issue at the other.

I don't understand, can you expand on that?

Also, what are the parallels to Germany?

Suppose an issue arises: our people don't have shoes. What is the best way for them to get shoes? What is the difference between how the two governance systems handle the problem?

Suppose an issue arises: our people don't have shoes. What is the best way for them to get shoes? What is the difference between how the two governance systems handle the problem?

There are similarities and differences between the two systems.

It would probably be easier if you just explained it.

Consensual systems, even the best-intentioned ones, are liable to fall into self-delusional groupthink-like traps. Those who might know better choose to remain silent for the sake of group cohesion, so a project may do badly or even fail without input that could lead to better decision-making. Oppositional systems are much more likely to voice every alternative people can think of.

An example of groupthink that China previously experienced was the cultural conviction, translated into government policy, that China had nothing to learn from the barbarous West. But there were Chinese officials who knew better, men who packed up and left before European gunboats fired a shot at Chinese fortifications. You can think of other examples, I guess.

Solomon, i think you have jewish ancestry, am i right?

Ironically, China was the very few countries that took jewish refugees even during the most difficult time for the Chinese people as being invaded by Imperial Japan.

The best years of a Jewish refugee's life in China - People's Daily Online

Now you believe China is the most evil regime? That's indeed a very grateful attitude toward a nation which saved many of your people.

Last edited:
Solomon, i think you have jewish ancestry, am i right?

Ironically, China was the very few countries that took jewish refugees even during the most difficult time for the Chinese people as being invaded by Imperial Japan.

The best years of a Jewish refugee's life in China - People's Daily Online

Now you believe China is most evil regime? That's indeed a very grateful attitude toward a nation that saved your people.

You are not unique every country or most took Jewish refugees after 1917 just look back at history.

You are not unique every country or most took Jewish refugees after 1917 just look back at history.

Really? Take look at this.

Despite the increasingly dire warnings coming from Germany, at the Evian Conference of 1938, Britain refused to allow further Jewish refugees into the country.

Jews in Great Britain

And this?

When anti-Jewish laws were passed in France, one prefect of police, Andre Chaigneau, called a meeting of Jewish leaders to convey his personal apology for the laws and to promise that he would "not allow any arbitrary acts against the Jews" in his district. The French resistance forces made the smuggling of Jewish refugees across the Alps and the Pyrenees mountains a part of their regular activities. And the Nazis were once forced to arrest four hundred policemen in France who refused to round up and arrest Jews.

Holocaust: Escape & Rescue

Really? Take look at this.

Despite the increasingly dire warnings coming from Germany, at the Evian Conference of 1938, Britain refused to allow further Jewish refugees into the country.

Jews in Great Britain

From the 1880s through the early part of the 20th century, massive pogroms and the May Laws in Russia caused many Jews to flee the Pale of Settlement. By 1919, the Jewish population had increased from 60,000 in 1880 to about 250,000 Jews, who lived primarily in the large industrial cities, especially London, Manchester and Leeds. In London, Jews lived primarily in the Spitalfields and Whitechapel areas, close to the docks, and hence the East End became known as a Jewish neighbourhood

The Jewish Naturalization Act 1753 was an Act of Parliament of the Parliament of Great Britain Jews been in england much b4 even WW1

Then take a look at Solomon's beloved USA. :cheesy:

In a highly publicized event in May-June 1939, the United States refused to admit over 900 Jewish refugees who had sailed from Hamburg, Germany, on the St. Louis.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005139

Despite being invaded by Japanese(the ally of Nazi Germany), our country never hesitated to help the Jewish refugees. :china:

From the 1880s through the early part of the 20th century, massive pogroms and the May Laws in Russia caused many Jews to flee the Pale of Settlement. By 1919, the Jewish population had increased from 60,000 in 1880 to about 250,000 Jews, who lived primarily in the large industrial cities, especially London, Manchester and Leeds. In London, Jews lived primarily in the Spitalfields and Whitechapel areas, close to the docks, and hence the East End became known as a Jewish neighbourhood

The Jewish Naturalization Act 1753 was an Act of Parliament of the Parliament of Great Britain Jews been in england much b4 even WW1

I am talking about WWII, obviously most Western countries have politically surrendered to Nazi Germany because of their "Aryan brotherhood", so they decided to abandon the Jews.

The East has always been more tolerant and accepting this was part of our problem when explorers like Marco Polo etc came to visit they told of the great riches to be found no wonder the great navies of that time set sail East to get rich!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom