What's new

CHINA IS BEING COMPARED TO PRE-WWI IMPERIAL GERMANY

First time you've given decent advice.

India can pump even more of their limited funds into military spending, for a war that will never come, funds which would otherwise have been used to compete economically with Chinese industry or to build more infrastructure. In ten years the gap will widen massively.

Thanks in advance. :azn:

I agree but you can't bureaucratic India to build it's infrastructure in 10 years like china did. China being a communist it is easier to take decision and to put them into implement.

In india if you want to make a simple road which goes through some xyz place where a beggar sits[out of 150 million beggars]! He can not be moved in india. He'd drag authorities to court and a case in an indian court could be painful and really long[10-15 years minimum]! So that's the difference!

I think you are confusing me with someone else.
No, I'm pretty sure you're the one I quoted.

Here we are discussing the impact of demonetization of silver in the 1870s. What are you talking about?
One country attempting to dominate another via economic policies. And I said myriad, not hundreds. Don't change my quotes, even if you think they mean the same thing.

This is just horsing around. I guess you don't want to be taken seriously.
Good to know you were just 'horsing around'.

No one can provide authoritative answer to those airports built in Tibet. But to me, most of them are for logistic or civilian usage.

A sensible point. Expanding communications within Tibet is definitely a dual-use strategy, on the lines of dual-use technologies; it covers an excellent and immediate civilian, peace-time need, as well serving as a possible strategic asset in war-time.

I do not remember whether or not pictures displayed also displayed aircraft sitting next to the tarmac or next to hardened hanger. In either case, we would be silly not to keep the possibility in mind. Our friends in the west are already thinking over the possibilities of continuing aerial battles from hardened roads once their regular airstrips come under attack.

How odd! Everybody else seems to have got the idea!!

Have you thought about this: as a strategic rival, China would like to see India exhausted and consumed by excessive military spending and build up rather than see it competing head to head with China economically, this is the reason that Chinese Dragon pointed out in previous post that it will be better for India to pump limited money to something else. (Don't know why this kind opinion ticks JayAlt off). If you put yourself into China's shoes, you will see China had/has much worse hostile environment than India and the big bully on the street is lingering at China's door everyday.

Would you tolerate a 'quick and dirty' answer until a much later time?

It is strange that ever since that brilliant political and military genius, the man who invented the hair gel that held Ronald Reagan together, believed he and Nancy Reagan had made the Soviets crumple like a piece of wet cardboard through over-spending on defence, this has been a repeated theme in amateur discussions on military subjects. Of course, it was bound to arise sooner rather than later; I am merely noting that the moon has risen.

Ironically, this is precisely what is happening to Pakistan as we speak. She is incapable of equipping herself to the extent that her generals, in their wisdom, wish to equip her military. Dangerous gaps have opened up in their armoured forces, in her air force, with respect to front-line fighters, and in her navy right across the board, more with respect to a lack of a clear idea what their role and war objectives should be than due to expenditure falling sharply. Extremely clever and realistic things have been done to make up; they may not be apparent to superficial overview, but they are shrewd moves. What expenditure has been possible is due to a mixture of harsh sacrifices on civilian issues to subventions, by an Odd Couple.

This is because Pakistan is trying to modernise a large military with a limited budget. Should India fear the same fate? Of course, no doubt about it, totally agree. But.

I have some interesting ideas to put before you. Can it wait a few hours?

I agree but you can't bureaucratic India to build it's infrastructure in 10 years like china did. China being a communist it is easier to take decision and to put them into implement.

In india if you want to make a simple road which goes through some xyz place where a beggar sits[out of 150 million beggars]! He can not be moved in india. He'd drag authorities to court and a case in an indian court could be painful and really long[10-15 years minimum]! So that's the difference!

sure. happens in china too. if the beggar doesn't own a house we kick him out. if he does we build around the house and leave it as an "island", eventually they give up and sell it. can you imagine living in a metal shack surrounded on all sides by skyscrapers?

North-East has geographic disadvantage from the defender's side.

The invader has good advantage considering if PLA can overun Sikkim and some land called the Chicken's nest,they end up isolating North-East from India.

northeast_map.jpg

Also ,We are very much concerned about its security as
1.One of our oil well with strategic oil reserves lies there.(Assam)
2.We have a state there which is disputed by China.
3.North-East has many separatist and insurgent movements.

cutting down Chicken's nest is not some child's play,even if the opposing force is PLA,the Siliguri Corridor is one of the highest militarized zone in India heavily patrolled by Indian Army, the Assam Rifles, the Border Security Force, and the West Bengal Police.

And in addition to that all the 15 air bases of the Eastern air command is within striking distance of Chicken nest,frankly once again cutting down chicken nest is no child's play.

India currently have a good infrastructure at this place and any invader will highly suffer here.

Which is not wrong!
Even with it's good side, Authoritarianism (China is not a communist state,not for quite some time) is the cause of China's main social problem,which is the lack of Rule by Law. You can kick someone off just by saying it's the best of the country. You should pay him to move,the price could be set by government,BUT as the law and government is not separated in China,people doubt the ruling is justice.

As for India government's slow(even for a demoracy country) react/make a decision, isn it because it's way too bureaucratic to actualy work as a government? Which come to a question about does Democracy work if mass(land and ppl) is too large? Can it be control?

Do correct me if I'm wrong :D Didn't done that much study on India.

No one can provide authoritative answer to those airports built in Tibet. But to me, most of them are for logistic or civilian usage.

Have you thought about this: as a strategic rival, China would like to see India exhausted and consumed by excessive military spending and build up rather than see it competing head to head with China economically, this is the reason that Chinese Dragon pointed out in previous post that it will be better for India to pump limited money to something else. (Don't know why this kind opinion ticks JayAlt off). If you put yourself into China's shoes, you will see China had/has much worse hostile environment than India and the big bully on the street is lingering at China's door everyday.

cutting down Chicken's nest is not some child's play,even if the opposing force is PLA,the Siliguri Corridor is one of the highest militarized zone in India heavily patrolled by Indian Army, the Assam Rifles, the Border Security Force, and the West Bengal Police.

And in addition to that all the 15 air bases of the Eastern air command is within striking distance of Chicken nest,frankly once again cutting down chicken nest is no child's play.

India currently have a good infrastructure at this place and any invader will highly suffer here.

Chicken's Nest? Chicken's Neck, for crying out aloud.

AFAIK there are no military patrols patrolling the Chicken's Neck; there isn't a military patrol in any inland civilian area which has not been designated a disturbed area and the Army requested to hold a flag march there, or during Martial Law having been declared.

I am not sure how the PLA would respond to the BSF or to the West Bengal Police, but I am sure that the overwhelming response would not be one of fear and paralysis.

Where did you get the Assam Rifles creeping around in this area? This is not their beat, and you are unlikely ever to see them west of the Assam Bengal border. It's the ferocious but presently demoralised and badly in need of re-grouping Eastern Frontier Rifles, the three battalions of the EFR, that you're thinking about.

You are right about the presence of the Air Force. The list of bases will tell you what they do or don't know on this forum. The PLA AF is another matter; I am sure they have every place where the IAF is present carefully plotted and targetted. As far as you and I are concerned, please don't let's put down unnecessary information.

Are you the Alex Mercer to be found in jeeps, in Team BHP?

sure. happens in china too. if the beggar doesn't own a house we kick him out. if he does we build around the house and leave it as an "island", eventually they give up and sell it. can you imagine living in a metal shack surrounded on all sides by skyscrapers?

Which is not wrong!
Even with it's good side, Authoritarianism (China is not a communist state,not for quite some time) is the cause of China's main social problem,which is the lack of Rule by Law. You can kick someone off just by saying it's the best of the country. You should pay him to move,the price could be set by government,BUT as the law and government is not separated in China,people doubt the ruling is justice.

As for India government's slow(even for a demoracy country) react/make a decision, isn it because it's way too bureaucratic to actualy work as a government? Which come to a question about does Democracy work if mass(land and ppl) is too large? Can it be control?

Do correct me if I'm wrong :D Didn't done that much study on India.

Exactly. My point is in china [communist county] if anything is in interest of most of the nation's or mass public's well being, it will get done disregard of 1-2 individual losses. Whereas in india it would be harder because of that 1 or 2 individual's so called 'human rights' in 'secular democratic' country. Well on paper there are anyways.

So- China - If whole country would progress, individuals would progress themselves.

India - If every individual would progress, whole country would progress itself.

I personally think a young and populated country like india communism is the best resort. China made the right choice I suppose.

20 years ago, there was almost no private property in China, the government can do whatever to relocate people, but i guess they will not have such luxury in next ten years. By then, there will be lots of NIMBY standing in the way of infrastructure project like USA. Just look at how hard to extend existing Maglev line in Shanghai now.

What? When did I write that I hated these?

Sometimes, as in the original South Sea Bubble and the recent "subprime" housing bubble in the U.S. (where the very rich who profited and the poor holding onto homes without paying are the beneficiaries.) But many times it is difficult to recognize the difference between what is a bubble and what is "natural".

I fail to see the connection.

But China did not experience large-scale unemployment of the urban proletariat, just a slow-down, like you said. The social and economic difference between a slowdown and recession is enormous because a recession can lead to a downward economic spiral.

Because of China's enormous monetary reserves (similar to pre-WWI Germany) it can, for a few decades, manipulate demand to some extent to combat recessionary cycles, but that ability will have a cost: lower Chinese living standards and decreased international competitiveness.

In short, China is traveling roads others have taken, and many of the same choices about which path to take lie ahead in the next few years.

In fact, there is a large-scale urban unemployment, since 1998, it has a bitter memory for the Chinese state-owned enterprises workers, but the situation improved in the last 5 years.

I hope you can learn more about China, and then with a comparison on history, you can not just a cap at all.

Last edited:
In fact, China was ruled by an authoritarian CCP group, yes, it is undemocratic, but if it is meant the group's internal, then the system may be the most democratic in the world. Some major issues, only one vote per person, everyone has a veto, regular elections, all are democracies.

Will China choose Imperialist expansion, rallying Nationalism to avoid increased liberalization, or will China choose more democratic representation in government? (WWI suppressed Germany's liberal movement for years.)

Will China be satisfied with the gradual decline of the dollar, or will China be tempted to seek a sudden overthrow of the world monetary system and establish the yuan as a gold-based currency? (Essentially the trick Germany pulled in the 1870s, demonetizing silver to hurt France, ultimately leading to the collapse of the rupee and disruption of the Chinese economy via inflation.)

Will China allow economic liberalization in its interior provinces to the same extent as it allows elsewhere? One Chinese student claimed to me that Communists keep provinces like Shanxi comparatively poor and its people "stupid" so as to have a reliable source of soldiery to use against other Chinese. (19th century Austria also had a similar situation where provinces that were poor were favored for their soldiery.)

Will China continue to expand its claims at sea and abroad? (WWI started in the Balkans with Austria's attempts to expand its influence there.)

Will China attempt to build a blue-water navy to match that of the United States? (This was Germany's key avoidable error: they built it out of pride, not necessity, so the British thought it was meant as an instrument aimed at them and thus allied with France against Germany.)

There is still one big difference between Imperial Germany and Rising China. The population of Imperial Germany was increasing very rapidly. China's, it seems, is not. However, China's one-child policy seems to have led to a surplus of women-deprived males. In other countries rulers have often employed frustrated surplus males as soldiers in wars of conquest. What will China do with its mateless men?

1, I do not think that there is imperial expansion, because it has proved anachronistic, Germany, Japan, to use expansionary policies, but even at that time, the cost is too high compared with the colonial era of imperialism. U.S again proved that it was a high price today.

If you say the economic impact will be greater, I think there will certainly be, but all the emerging countries such as Brazil, India and so on, all will increase the greater impact, not just China. So do not be too alarmist.

2, if you say dollars, I want to say because the U.S to implement an irresponsible monetary policy, loss credit in the world. There were too many countries such as Europe, Japan, Russia, Arab, of course China wants a better world currency, IMF's SDR program is a good description. So not only China wants a better world monetary policy, because the U.S's irresponsible monetary policy.

3, China has allowed some interior provinces have more economic freedom, such as Chongqing, and Kashgar, which is China's free economic zone. Of course, not all places are like that, depending on actual needs.

4, China will have blue-water navy to protect the security of trade routes, of course, in order to protect economic interests, what is strange? True in all countries.

5, as the population, that some difficulties, although not completely without a solution. In any case, it is not worth to go to war, this is a simple answer.

Last edited:
In fact, China was ruled by an authoritarian CCP group, yes, it is undemocratic, but if it is meant the group's internal, then the system may be the most democratic in the world. Some major issues, only one vote per person, everyone has a veto, regular elections, all are democracies.

Exactly right, the CCP works by "consensus". :tup:

The internal structure of the CCP allows a lot of checks and balances. This prevents any one individual from gaining too much power.

Chicken's Nest? Chicken's Neck, for crying out aloud.

AFAIK there are no military patrols patrolling the Chicken's Neck; there isn't a military patrol in any inland civilian area which has not been designated a disturbed area and the Army requested to hold a flag march there, or during Martial Law having been declared.

I am not sure how the PLA would respond to the BSF or to the West Bengal Police, but I am sure that the overwhelming response would not be one of fear and paralysis.

Where did you get the Assam Rifles creeping around in this area? This is not their beat, and you are unlikely ever to see them west of the Assam Bengal border. It's the ferocious but presently demoralised and badly in need of re-grouping Eastern Frontier Rifles, the three battalions of the EFR, that you're thinking about.

You are right about the presence of the Air Force. The list of bases will tell you what they do or don't know on this forum. The PLA AF is another matter; I am sure they have every place where the IAF is present carefully plotted and targetted. As far as you and I are concerned, please don't let's put down unnecessary information.

Are you the Alex Mercer to be found in jeeps, in Team BHP?

first of all take out ur personal rants somewhere else,just because u dont support what is said does not make u ethically more powerful to rant like that,the fuk I can also do the same

U think so and what made u think like so,it is not a disturbed area,what is ur definition of disturbed area

the area is a hot traffic zone of narcotics business,and sometimes also claimed as the crossing point of maoist rebels to the neighboring countries,though i dont accept it.

like i said earlier the area is under heavy patrol of multiple forces,and if u urself r not sure about the role of IAF dont bother to tell me what is present on this forum or not,because i dont consider this the forum as the official source of IAF,and finally what u concern is not anything to bother for me

1, I do not think that there is imperial expansion, because it has proved anachronistic
Sixty years ago people thought religious wars were "anachronistic", too; instead, they became the wave of the future!

if you say dollars, I want to say because the U.S to implement an irresponsible monetary policy, loss credit in the world. There were too many countries such as Europe, Japan, Russia, Arab, of course China wants a better world currency, IMF's SDR program is a good description.
I've been in favor of reviving SDRs for over a decade. There was a time when one couldn't get anybody from China interested in SDRs.

China has allowed some interior provinces have more economic freedom, such as Chongqing, and Kashgar, which is China's free economic zone. Of course, not all places are like that, depending on actual needs.
Kashgar is too distant from China's population and economic centers for liberalization to have a political impact. Chongqing is a city with a long history of seaports and international trade, yes? I imagine calling Chongqing an "interior" province would be akin to an American comparing Chicago to Idaho.

China will have blue-water navy to protect the security of trade routes, of course, in order to protect economic interests, what is strange?
Mmm, not quite. Protect trade routes, yes. But "protect economic interests" is becoming "expand economic interests", a matter causing friction with the neighbors.

as the population, that some difficulties, although not completely without a solution. In any case, it is not worth to go to war, this is a simple answer.
A few years ago a Chinese fighter jet collided with an American reconnaissance plane, killing the fighter pilot. Would you want to accommodate those Chinese who demonstrated their desire for some sort of vengeance in return?

Back
Top Bottom