What's new

China intends to oust dollar from oil trade

ISIS is a creation of the US. Don't you find it awkward that the more they fight ISIS, the stronger ISIS gets?

So the US spent 8 years and billions of dollars in Iraq just to destroy their own credibility by withdrawing and creating ISIS to shit on everything they built?

Nope, doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm sticking with my opinion that the US is too scared to go in.

Just like they're too scared to do any airstrikes on Iran. :rofl:
102598_600.jpg

So the US spent 8 years and billions of dollars in Iraq just to destroy their own credibility by withdrawing and creating ISIS to shit on everything they built?

Nope, doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm sticking with my opinion that the US is too scared to go in.

Just like they're too scared to do any airstrikes on Iran. :rofl:
View attachment 255323

When ISIS started off, were they not mainly rebels fighting Assad gov't supplied by US weapons? In this world of secrecy anything is possible. Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Afghan resistance fighters (Talibans) were created by US to fight an enemy at one time than became US enemy because the US were not able to control their creation.

When ISIS started off, were they not mainly rebels fighting Assad gov't supplied by US weapons? In this world of secrecy anything is possible. Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Afghan resistance fighters (Talibans) were created by US to fight an enemy at one time than became US enemy because the US were not able to control their creation.

It's not for nothing the US is called the empire of chaos.

can somebody tell me why this is dangerous move ?
Indian Brothers ? Chinese friend ?
Sorry to lazy to type this post was my response to oldman1 why Iraq and Libya were attacked. Hope you understand what i am trying to state.

"On a Mission to Defend Freedom" - USS John Warner is Commissioned | Page 3
quoted from the link
You are again asking the wrong question it is not about oil, it is about the status of world reserve currency.
After ww2 Brenton Wood system was created
Bretton Woods system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
which established dollar as world reserve currency, that is all international trade and transaction would be done in US Dollars. The dollar was pegged to gold since US federal reserve had most of the gold at that time. But in 1973 Dollar was unpegged from gold since rest the world became suspicious of US dollar asked for their gold instead of Dollar.
Nixon Shock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See this famous speech by Nixon .

Now Dollar had to be pegged to something of value apart from gold. US policy makers realised during oil crisis of 1973
the importance hydro carbons .
1973 oil crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They negotiated with OPEC oil producing countries and later it was agreed that every single barrel of oil will priced indollars. This lead to the formation of Petrodollar system.
Petrodollar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of countries by foreign exchange reserve see where China is ranked and where US is ranked.
List of countries by foreign-exchange reserves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now to your question why Iraq and Syria where attacked.
In 2000 Iraq dumped dollar in place of Euro
Iraq nets handsome profit by dumping dollar for euro | Business | The Guardian
The Invasion of Iraq: Dollar vs Euro Re-denominating Iraqi oil in U. S. dollars, instead of the euro
Ironically the countries most vocal in the opposition to Iraq war where France and germany
France and Germany unite against Iraq war | World news | The Guardian
and later you know how uncle sam gave freedom and democracy to Iraq.
Similarly in case Libya Gaddafi was trying to introduce gold based dinar currency in exchange for Oil
Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar
@@jamahir can add more to why he was Invaded :)
Why do you think US China trade has 500 billion dollar deficit every year but you guys are able to pay for it all the time.

I would say the US has the capacity and will to do stuff like that and come home unaccounted for when things go terribly wrong. In that case, nobody even bothers to feel for the Syrian and Iraqi civilians killed as a result of chaos in their formerly (more or less) stable countries. There was no Syrian refuge crisis under the long rein of both father and son Assad.

China has similar capabilities but no political will to become a great power like the US. But China is perfectly capable of protecting its own interests and, with each passing that, this is more so.

Critical times, no doubt.

I would say the US has the capacity and will to do stuff like that and come home unaccounted for when things go terribly wrong. In that case, nobody even bothers to feel for the Syrian and Iraqi civilians killed as a result of chaos in their formerly (more or less) stable countries. There was no Syrian refuge crisis under the long rein of both father and son Assad.

China has similar capabilities but no political will to become a great power like the US. But China is perfectly capable of protecting its own interests and, with each passing that, this is more so.

Critical times, no doubt.
I hope that China doesn't make the same mistake like all its predecessor. When they become powerful they become complacent and stop innovating and flexing its muscle. China can be a little like the US when she becomes a little more powerful and when need to.
In the American hemisphere there are no disputes with smaller neighbours. US is the boss. Cuba, Dominican, Mexico..they just shut the **** up. Hope China can shut the mouths of her small neighbours once and for all.

I hope that China doesn't make the same mistake like all its predecessor. When they become powerful they become complacent and stop innovating and flexing its muscle. China can be a little like the US when she becomes a little more powerful and when need to.
In the American hemisphere there are no disputes with smaller neighbours. US is the boss. Cuba, Dominican, Mexico..they just shut the **** up. Hope China can shut the mouths of her small neighbours once and for all.

I think that's really highly unlikely. To become like the US in terms of foreign policy is simply not in China's thousands years of diplomatic tradition.

I would guess China will continue to uphold the five principles of peaceful coexistence (among which is non-interference) while creating a more stable Sino-sphere. It won't resemble the American Consensus (over Latin America), though; the Chinese Consensus as it takes shape today will be all about inclusive development and harmony. Cases in point are AIIB and Belt and Road Projects.

I think that's really highly unlikely. To become like the US in terms of foreign policy is simply not in China's thousands years of diplomatic tradition.

I would guess China will continue to uphold the five principles of peaceful coexistence (among which is non-interference) while creating a more stable Sino-sphere. It won't resemble the American Consensus (over Latin America), though; the Chinese Consensus as it takes shape today will be all about inclusive development and harmony. Cases in point are AIIB and Belt and Road Projects.
The least China must do is secure her backyard SCS and put the former abandoned US dogs on a leash with a muffle.
That will not break the five principles of co existence. In fact, quiet dogs do not drive other neighbors crazy.

And take care of her aggressive southern neighbor by reclaiming some stolen land.

Some deluded poor East Europeans just like to cheer for USA while Uncle Sam is responsible for the mass exodus refugees flooding EU right at this instant moment.
East europe = n*gga of white

Truth hurts, sorry my Romanian puppet friend

The Petroyuan Cometh: Launch Of Renminbi-Denominated Oil Futures Contract Imminent

surpassed Saudi Arabia as the largest oil supplier to China and what’s especially notable there is that beginning in 2015, Gazprom began settling all of its crude sales to China in yuan meaning that, at least partly, the petrodollar was supplanted just as soon as its death became inevitable.

PetroYuan.png

Now, just as China has moved to play a greater role in determining the price of gold by participating in the LBMA auction and by establishing a yuan-denominated fix, it's moving quickly to create a yuan-denominated oil futures contract. Here’s Reuters:

China's push to establish a crude derivatives contract has been met with early scepticism, but oil executives say the country's growing economic influence means a third global crude benchmark is inevitable.

A derivatives contract would give the Shanghai International Energy Exchange, known as INE, a slice of an oil futures market worth trillions of dollars, offering a rival to London's Brent and U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI).

And while others have tried and failed, China brings its might as the world's biggest oil buyer, a strong dose of political will and the alignment of its financial and banking system for a yuan-denominated contract.

"The energy industry is still manned, literally, by people from the West. But the world moves on, and there's a change of guard," said a senior market executive, speaking on the sidelines of a major industry gathering in Singapore this week, at which delegates spoke on condition of anonymity.

"China has become the world's biggest oil trader, and that means that an oil price will be set there, like it or not."

To be sure, some people do not and China's recent adventures in propping up both the stock market and the yuan have, in the minds of many, served to reinforce the notion that when things aren't going Beijing's way, it will simply force the issue. Some fear the same thing could well happen with RMB crude futures:

"The market doesn't like the idea of a benchmark dominated by the world's biggest consumer, where the regulator is suspected of having the goal of lowering prices," said an executive with a non-Chinese exchange in Asia, speaking at the same event.

But skeptics may have to choose between the lesser of two (perceived) evils because as we saw last month in Singapore, pricing off Dubai leaves everyone subject to perplexing anomalies like what happens when mysterious trading between two Chinese SOEs ends up throwing the market into backwardation at a time when common sense dictates that everyone should be doing the contango tango.

The current benchmark for pricing oil in Asia in the absence of a derivatives contract is the Dubai crude assessment, run by Platts, part of McGraw Hill Financial, where trading in a specified time-frame is used to assess a daily price.

Yet traders have been concerned at heavy trading by China's state-owned Chinaoil and Unipec, which pushed up Middle East grades even as other grades were being pressued lower, and left other companies struggling to take part.

Essentially, it looks like Chinaoil and Unipec may be gaming the Platts Dubai MoC (although no one knows exactly why) and that has implications for all kinds of people including (obviously) Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq, as well as refiners and traders like Mercuria and Glencore. The hope is that a RMB contract will help solve the "problem."

In any event, it makes no more sense to exclude the world's largest oil buyer from crude benchmarking than it does to keep the world's largest producer and consumer of gold out of the gold price-setting process, which is why, in short order, China will be heavily involved in both. And as for widespread adoption of the new contract, that, like the internationalization of the yuan and the demise of the petrodollar, is only a matter of time:

"One-by-one, the oil-majors will start to participate, then others will follow," said an executive with a Western oil major. "While it might take some time to establish itself due to choppy markets and regulatory hurdles as well as the fact that it would introduce a foreign exchange element to crude futures, it is overdue for a Chinese contract to established."

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom