What's new

China intends to oust dollar from oil trade

this wont go down well in DC....at the same time, this is hardly a new phenomenon - such aspirations have been in the pipeline for well over the past decade

it's obviously bad for US stocks but it's good (for us as consumers) in that it'll mean cheaper fuel

China making steps towards becoming a strong economic super power but USA will literally lose its sleep over this development. It will be quite interesting to see USAs response in this as its not a weak non nuclear nation that they can just bomb and invade but a powerful nuclear nation with a huge military might and is rhe rival of USA.

Either the us will get really angry and we may even see small naval military skirmishes between the two nations with huge support to terrorism in china or we will see USA just protest and grind its teeth.

you'll be hearing a lot of noise about "Free Tibet" and this and that i'm sure

China and US can be not only competitors but also friends.
We share many interests together.
We do not want to see any conflict between two countries.
For the US it may still take some time to discuss the potential counter action.
Maybe there will be more detailed talk when President Xi meet with President Obama this year..

China making steps towards becoming a strong economic super power but USA will literally lose its sleep over this development. It will be quite interesting to see USAs response in this as its not a weak non nuclear nation that they can just bomb and invade but a powerful nuclear nation with a huge military might and is rhe rival of USA.

Either the us will get really angry and we may even see small naval military skirmishes between the two nations with huge support to terrorism in china or we will see USA just protest and grind its teeth.

A move that's overdue, but also extremely dangerous. Attacking the petrodollar system was the trigger for US aggression against Iraq and Libya. It's also one of the biggest stumbling blocks in Iran-US relations.

We could invade and incorporate all the remaining Spratly islands tomorrow, and the US wouldn't really care, only sending us an angry letter. But maintaining monetary hegemony is one of the US' red lines. Recall how angry they were when China established the AIIB - it was a lot more passionate than 'concern' over hacking, island disputes, human rights, etc. The petrodollar system is another pillar of US monetary hegemony. I hope the Chinese government is prepared for US fury that may translate into actions.

Extremely dangerous but, as you said, also long overdue.

China having the nuclear-triad capability, that makes it a bit harder to take down unlike Iraq or Libya. Them, they will probably try softer methods, like selective sanctions, launching a dedicated and well-organized media campaign (spying, Yuan devaluation, anti-fascist victory, etc), and rallying up the pawns across China's periphery.

In a sense, China, through this petro-dollar move, is stopping being reactive (like building up capacities to defend against US military encirclement) and attacking the very heart of US domination. Once this is done, then neither first nor second island chain is relevant anymore.

Extremely dangerous but, as you said, also long overdue.

China having the nuclear-triad capability, that makes it a bit harder to take down unlike Iraq or Libya. Them, they will probably try softer methods, like selective sanctions, launching a dedicated and well-organized media campaign (spying, Yuan devaluation, anti-fascist victory, etc), and rallying up the pawns across China's periphery.

In a sense, China, through this petro-dollar move, is stopping being reactive (like building up capacities to defend against US military encirclement) and attacking the very heart of US domination. Once this is done, then neither first nor second island chain is relevant anymore.
I think our friend @Rafael is too worried. Remember, a weak China fought US +16 allies to a draw. That's only because they threatened to use nukes.

I think our friend @Rafael is too worried. Remember, a weak China fought US +16 allies to a draw. That's only because they threatened to use nukes.

I think China is capable of defending itself if the US is to get too worried due to a policy that is nobody's business to mess with.

But it is always good to be overcautious earlier than sorry later.

US is not definitely taking it lightly and I am wondering what worse it could do (other than waging an open war) than it already does.

China is well positioned to defend its own interests.

Last edited:
I think China is capable of defending itself if the US is to get too worried due to a policy that is nobody's business to mess with.

But it is always mood to be overcautious earlier than sorry later.

US is not definitely taking it lightly and I am wondering what worse it could do (other than waging an open war) than it already does.

China is well positioned to defend its own interests.

As for the 2nd island chain, it's already covered by the DF-26 :D , once Taiwan is absorbed back there ain't no 2nd chain left. In 2-3 decades our muscles will have grown even bigger than it already is.

As for the 2nd island chain, it's already covered by the DF-26 :D , once Taiwan is absorbed back there ain't no 2nd chain left. In 2-3 decades our muscles will have grown even bigger than it already is.

I have observed that my break-away province has taken the message loud and clear. One of my professor here said, "it is not a matter of 'if,' it is a matter of 'when.'"

That's the feeling here.

And that professor is deep blue.

I have observed that my break-away province has taken the message loud and clear. One of my professor here said, "it is not a matter of 'if,' it is a matter of 'when.'"

That's the feeling here.

And that professor is deep blue.

If I was a Taiwanese I would not bother even fighting the inevitable. It's better to live and become more prosperous under one country. The opportunities for both Taiwanese and mainland Chinese when Taiwan is under CPC control is boundless. I am hoping I won't be too old when this happens.

I will drink a bottle of whiskey to celebrate, lol.

It's a natural process that a large and important comsumer try to ensure the stable suppliment of oil and hence create added value by settlement of RMB.

Benefits and interests involved. Don't think too much.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom