What's new

China insulting Iran in the Asian games

Under the pressure of saudi and emirates, China decided to write "Arabian Gulf" instead "Persian Gulf"

Persian sources:
MehrNews.com - Iran, Iranian, Nuclear, political, world, sport, Cultural, economic, SocialAndOccations news and headlines
ISNA - 11-12-2010 - 89/8/21 - ?????: / ??????? ?????? 2010 / ????? ???: 1653348

Iranians were leaving the stadium saying their protest

What a shame !

No , the chines action is not under any pressure of saudi and emirates, it's a reaction to the iranian interference /remarks in the internal affairs regarding the unrest in Xinjiang...

CAIRO -- The riots in China's Xinjiang region and subsequent crackdown on the Muslim Uighur minority have drawn a muted response from many Muslim countries that may be wary of damaging lucrative trade ties with Beijing or attracting attention to their own attitudes toward political dissent.

The non-Arab countries of Iran and Turkey have been among the few to criticize China. Iran is busy dealing with its own unrest following a disputed presidential election, while Turkey has ethnic ties to China's Uighur minority.

But throughout much of the Middle East and the Arab world, the violence in China has generated little reaction.

Arab regimes "couldn't criticize the attacks on Chinese Muslims because they themselves have no democracy," said Labib Kamhawi, a Jordanian political analyst. "They're in the same boat as the Chinese government."

China has poured tens of thousands of troops into the western Xinjiang region over the past few days, imposing tight control on the capital of Urumqi and surrounding areas after ethnic violence left more than 180 people dead and 1,680 wounded last week.

The Uighurs, who number 9 million in Xinjiang, have complained about an influx of Han Chinese and government restrictions on their Muslim religion. They accuse the majority Han community of discrimination and the Communist Party of trying to erase their language and culture.

China is a major trading partner for many Arab countries including Sudan, Saudi Arabia and other oil-rich Gulf nations. It is Jordan's third-largest largest trading partner, following Saudi Arabia and the United States. Jordan also is seeking to attract Chinese investment in projects such as renewable energy, railroads and water desalination.

Iran has been one of the few Muslim countries to speak out on the crackdown. On Sunday, the official IRNA news agency reported that Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki had discussed the ethnic clashes in a phone conversation with his Chinese counterpart and "reflected concerns among Islamic countries."

High-ranking clerics also condemned the crackdown and urged the government to complain to China.

"Silence and indifference toward such oppressions on the people is an unforgivable vice," said Grand Ayatollah Youssef Saanei, a major religious figure who has criticized his own government's violent response to mass protests over the disputed June 12 election. Iran's crackdown on protesters has drawn international condemnation from both Western governments and human rights groups.

The most powerful response from the Muslim world came from Turkey, where some 5,000 people protested in Istanbul on Sunday to denounce the ethnic violence and call on their government to intervene.

Turks share ethnic and cultural bonds with the Turkic-speaking Uighurs. The Chinese violence has sparked almost daily protests in Turkey, mostly outside heavily guarded Chinese diplomatic missions in Istanbul and Ankara where some protesters have burned Chinese flags or China-made goods. Sunday's protest, however, was the largest.

Turkey's prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has compared the situation in Xinjiang to genocide, the foreign minister has conveyed Turkey's concerns to China, and Turkey's industry minister has urged Turks to stop buying Chinese goods. The government, however, has no plans for an official boycott.

In the Arab world, two extremist Islamic Web sites affiliated with al-Qaida called for killing Han Chinese in the Middle East, noting large communities of ethnic Chinese laborers work in Algeria and Saudi Arabia.

"Chop off their heads at their workplaces or in their homes to tell them that the time of enslaving Muslims has gone," read one posting.

In the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, Foreign Ministry official Ahmed Youssef said his Islamic militant movement said the unrest would harm China's relations with the Muslim world.

"We hope that the Chinese government improves its relations with the Muslims of the Xinjiang region, and not to harm those relations by harming the Uighurs," he said.

___

AP correspondents Maamoun Youssef in Cairo, Jamal Halaby in Amman, Diaa Hadid in Gaza City, and Ibrahim Usta in Istanbul contributed to this report.

Muslim reaction to China unrest mostly muted | cleveland.com

UNO official is persian gulf
because it was always like this

The fact is that especially two countries want to walk on nerves of Iranians with changing the name.

And yes it is China who put the wrong name, not Arabic state.
But ok let's forget about it. There are more important matters..

assalam alaikum

We know it is not only uae and saudia but many other arab countries also call it arabic gulf or like to name it like that. And since i interact with arabs they say why the iranians dont agree to call it Islamic gulf,
can our iranian friends shed some light on it?

TARIQ

assalam alaikum

We know it is not only uae and saudia but many other arab countries also call it arabic gulf or like to name it like that. And since i interact with arabs they say why the iranians dont agree to call it Islamic gulf,
can our iranian friends shed some light on it?

TARIQ
What if from now on I will refer to that piece of land you live on as Balochestan, and this is your flag:

pk-bal.gif

Not too long ago, these so called "Arabian" lands were part of Iran. Currently Iranian citizens are being oppressed by fat foreign dictators that call themselves kings.

Arab regimes "couldn't criticize the attacks on Chinese Muslims

it has more to do with the fact that their sect is not recognized by Muslims as islam..anyone can claim themselves Muslim...even Buddhist can but does that practice fit in the criteria to be Muslim?

The Chinese people DO NOT take pressure from any country or people! first get that straight everyone.. I m not Chinese or anything but that just how it is. Its a fact that the Chinese people do what they think is right and without any bad experiences in the past they do not act unreasonably towards anyone.

If China took pressure from a country or entity, believe me, it wouldn't have been where it is today. In fact that is one of the main reasons why China is on the path of high paced progression today.

Perhaps it was just a minor mistake or maybe lack of information regarding this particular issue. So calm down and try not to misguide people or create grudges.

The Chinese people DO NOT take pressure from any country or people! first get that straight everyone.. I m not Chinese or anything but that just how it is. Its a fact that the Chinese people do what they think is right and without any bad experiences in the past they do not act unreasonably towards anyone.

If China took pressure from a country or entity, believe me, it wouldn't have been where it is today. In fact that is one of the main reasons why China is on the path of high paced progression today.

Perhaps it was just a minor mistake or maybe lack of information regarding this particular issue. So calm down and try not to misguide people or create grudges.
China has already apologized and admitted a huge mistake (this is in their own news, I used google translate).

As for the thing you said about China not taking pressure: I think you're uninformed about what is going on in the world. China quite definately changes policy based on pressure they receive from the US. China is now the largest US debt carrier. Some people say this gives China power over the US, but they're severely mistaken. China's problem is that they have become very dependent on the US market (where they dump most of their goods).

The reason some people think this gives China power over the US, is because they say that if China asks the US to payback, the US will go bankrupt. This is true, but:

1) China can never do that, since the very reason they bought so much of US debt is because they're dependent on USA continuity and their willingness to accept China products.
2) If China did do that, do you really think the US will let its economy collapse? It will simply not give a ****, and 'international law' (US+EU) will again close its eyes to another injustice in the world.
3) Practically all China's reserve money is in US dollars, even if they want to get rid of this, they would have to exchange at highest value against the euro. Which will still not change anything...

In fact, this is what gives the US huge power over China. China has really put themselves between a rock and a hard place. This has allowed the US to have the upper hand against China.

I think besides the point whether China is in fact in an enviable position, it will be quite hard pressed to find another Country presently in such a face-off with Big Bro USA.

Anyway good to know China had swiftly apologized to prevent any further misunderstanding :cheers:

Well My point is rightly proven.. Since China has indeed apologized and my prediction came out to be true. ..

You speak about China setting their policy under US pressure.? that is complete Jiberish to my ears however I maybe wrong but give me ONE single example of such an instance...
And as far as dependency is concerned, well if you had the slightest knowledge of Economics, you would know that since China is selling its products in the American market then its AMERICA who is dependent on China not the other way around. simple economics man. I mean of course it would hurt China if america seizes to import Chinese product but hey a seller can always find another buyer.. But since America has become so dependent on China and other countries in recent year, it cannot afford to let go of this trade. I live in the US from the past 10 years.. and to be honest there are not many products here which read "made in USA" anymore..

So answer my one single question... IF America stops this trade.. where the h e l l do you think Its gonna fill have the massive product vaccum in the market so fast? Since they barely manufacture anything at home anymore.. ?

But it seems that even after stating the correct facts yourself, you kinda want to twist the reality or perhaps don't want to accept it...

I mean is the person who owes money in greater trouble or the person who is lending the money. Plain logic man.

Last edited:
China has already apologized and admitted a huge mistake (this is in their own news, I used google translate).

As for the thing you said about China not taking pressure: I think you're uninformed about what is going on in the world. China quite definately changes policy based on pressure they receive from the US. China is now the largest US debt carrier. Some people say this gives China power over the US, but they're severely mistaken. China's problem is that they have become very dependent on the US market (where they dump most of their goods).

The reason some people think this gives China power over the US, is because they say that if China asks the US to payback, the US will go bankrupt. This is true, but:

1) China can never do that, since the very reason they bought so much of US debt is because they're dependent on USA continuity and their willingness to accept China products.
T-bills are still major instrument for keeping currency reserve, as long as it gives reasonable yield, there is nothing wrong in holding them. However, if USD were to devaluate, then it is time to sell, and there is no stopping China from selling them in open market.

2) If China did do that, do you really think the US will let its economy collapse? It will simply not give a ****, and 'international law' (US+EU) will again close its eyes to another injustice in the world.
Sorry, can't catch what you try to convey.....

3) Practically all China's reserve money is in US dollars, even if they want to get rid of this, they would have to exchange at highest value against the euro. Which will still not change anything...
No, no all China's reserve money is in US Dollars, China also buy Yen and Korean Won bonds, and there is also Euro. The fact that China is the largest T-bill holders doesn't mean all China's reserve money is in US Dollar

In fact, this is what gives the US huge power over China. China has really put themselves between a rock and a hard place. This has allowed the US to have the upper hand against China.
If US has huge power over China, you won't see the frustrstion of US Congress trying to push China to revalue RMB to the rates as demanded by US.

Back
Top Bottom