What's new

China incursion may improve military ties between India and United States

xiji_0jIsz_600x0.jpg

Russia is closer to us than India. India is only good for weapons buying. India never supports russia on geopolitical issues.

Here are a few examples:

1. Russia currently is only one of two countries in the world (the other being Japan) that has a mechanism for annual ministerial-level defence reviews with India.

2. The Indo-Russian Inter-Governmental Commission (IRIGC), which is one of the largest and comprehensive governmental mechanisms that India has had with any country internationally. Almost every department from the Government of India attends it.

3. In SCO where India has observer status and has been asked by Russia to become a full member.

4. Russia has vocal backed India joining the NSG and APEC. Moreover, it has also expressed interest in joining SAARC with observer status in which India is a founding member.

But the Diego Garcia lease will expire soon. And its too far away from the middle east. Maybe India should lease its naval bases in Bombay or Cochin to the USN 5th fleet. Some elements of the 7th fleet can station in the Eastern side of India. India can also lease air bases for its action in Afgh theater.

I don't think India will allow any foreign country to have a military base here in India. except if the Russians request for one other than that i don't see any country standing a chance.

I don't Think India will allow the Americans in, at the best it would be a few joint statements and moral support. IA is more that capable to handle the situation even if it worsens.

It was only a matter of time that India allowed the US to have military base in India. Most Indians want it because it makes them part of the club. Nothing pleases an Indian more than having a US base in India. The US might even station a few thousand of its troops in its base in India.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

This cannot happen because of several political reasons.

But the Diego Garcia lease will expire soon. And its too far away from the middle east. Maybe India should lease its naval bases in Bombay or Cochin to the USN 5th fleet. Some elements of the 7th fleet can station in the Eastern side of India. India can also lease air bases for its action in Afgh theater.

Sorry we don't outsource our defense to other powers like your country.

Then the Russians will ditch you. Your little ungrateful India mental.

AC? We will handle it to you in 2100, and you'd better butter up your new soul mate master in washington as we will charge you double the current quotation.

Then the Russians will ditch you. Your little ungrateful India mental.

AC? We will handle it to you in 2100, and you'd better butter up your new soul mate master in washington as we will charge you double the current quotation.

Why do you sound so confused?

Relax... recollect your thoughts and then comeback. Or rather need not, given the quality of your posts.

I am baffled by this Chinese move. What has China achieved in all this? Sooner or latter China will have to eventually vacate. I can only see immaturity on the Chinese part.

This will firmly move India into US/Japan camp.

India will accelerate military modernization.

Trade with China may get effected that is skewed heavily in favor of China and Chinese companies in India will be further discriminated and looked upon with suspicion.

And most importantly, like 1962, this whole episode will remain very long in India psyche and may become a center piece of India's Geo political strategy while dealing with China.

Unfortunate that Asia's two largest countries are at loggerheads. No wonder the US is so pleased (Can be gauged from the number of articles on this episode appearing in US newspapers)

Moving to US camp means huge political and stratigic implication to your long standing ally Russia.

Don't be naive. Theres no perfect solution in this world.

Moving to US camp means huge political and stratigic implication to your long standing ally Russia.

Don't be naive. Theres no perfect solution in this world.

Moving to US camp means having similar lines of thinking on China as US and Japan does. This has nothing to do Russia.

Moving to US camp means having similar lines of thinking on China as US and Japan does. This has nothing to do Russia.

Russians are not idiots. Russians are famous for their non endurance of ally's even slightest deviation.

I dare India politicians can do even a little material move on this line.

Back
Top Bottom