What's new

China in talks to export Pakistan bigger nuke plant

Are you that naive or trying to be ??

Pakistan is already operating nuclear plants, this won't be a first.

So whatever would be bought, would be done after all technical evaluations are done, safety included in it.

I think he was just inquiring about nuclear liability which is different with each supplier.

Can you shed some light on nuclear liability for existing plants.

But overall you are right, liability is offcourse discussed once the technical feasibility is over.

I think he was just inquiring about nuclear liability which is different with each supplier.

Can you shed some light on nuclear liability for existing plants.

But overall you are right, liability is offcourse discussed once the technical feasibility is over.

Here, below is the link to PNRA, which has good amount of info, including nuclear safety.

PNRA

but we would like the deal to be without any strings! its not just about money all the times :agree:

Chinese projects are mostly without any strings but i say even with strings much much better and not damaging so go for it

Here, below is the link to PNRA, which has good amount of info, including nuclear safety.

PNRA

I think we are getting confused between nuclear safety and nuclear liability.

But I will go through the link in detail and will get back to you.

Thanks!

however on serious note!!!
what about safety??
i mean who will be footing footing bill in case of any mishap.
are those have been discussed???

Jo Pyaar mein hai, woh Andhi ka parva nahi karte..

Liability, this is not a private sector undertaking .. so the Liability will be on GoP, I think.

so we will have 4-300MW n/plants = 1,200MW
one 1,000MW under discussions.

i think our strategy shd be to have at-least one 1,000MW n/plant for the 3 large cities Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad-R-pindi.

and 300MW n/plants for the smaller cities like hyderabad/sukkur/rykhan/bahawalpur/multan/quetta/peshawar along with the power generation from the hydro-electric grids. we shd slowly de-commission the oil and gas fired power plants as they are very expensive to operate.

This is going to be a 4th generation reactor developed in collaboration with Westing House of USA. Assumed because there is no 3rd gen reactor with a gigawatt of rating.

Westing House AP1000

Nuclear power is a proven, safe, plentiful and clean source of power generation, and Westinghouse Electric Company, the pioneer and global leader in nuclear plant design and construction, is ready with the *AP1000™ pressurized water reactor (PWR). It is the only Generation III+ reactor to receive Design Certification from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). The AP1000, based on the proven performance of Westinghouse-designed PWRs, is an advanced 1154 MWe nuclear power plant that uses the forces of nature and simplicity of design to enhance plant safety and operations and reduce construction costs

Electricity is effecting our economy in big way. These power Plants will help Industries to work without any loadsheding breaks and idle times. Industries working in full capacity will help the ordinary labour and the economy at large.

So how much nuclear liability, Pakistan plans to have?

Whats with the nuclear Liability.??? I dont get it. If we are getting this thing it sure comes with SOP. And BTW we are already operation Nuclear Power Plants. I dont know why are you guys beating nuclear liability thing.

I think we are getting confused between nuclear safety and nuclear liability.

But I will go through the link in detail and will get back to you.

Thanks!

Well i believe, there is no Nuclear Liability law in Pakistan for now, but insurance coverage would most probably be obtained for the plants operating.

Whats with the nuclear Liability.??? I dont get it. If we are getting this thing it sure comes with SOP. And BTW we are already operation Nuclear Power Plants. I dont know why are you guys beating nuclear liability thing.

Well you are buying a nuclear reactor, if it proves to be defective or there is mishap with the reactor, then who will pay for the damages ??

What is a SOP??

Back
Top Bottom