What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

Harbin-Mudanjiang PDL, August 2016

001fd04cf3e6190f8de838.jpg

001fd04cf3e6190f8de839.jpg

001fd04cf3e6190f8de83c.jpg

China.com.cn
Another jigsaw of Northeast China's HSR network!

屏幕快照 2016-08-17 02.26.13.jpg

I am a non-smoker and I hate cigarette smoke. This is excellent news.

--------
Two strikes, you're out (for a while)! China's high-speed rails to smokers
Source:Global Times Published: 2016/8/16 19:53:39

Train passengers caught smoking two times on China's high-speed rails now face a temporary ban from buying tickets.

Since August 15, riders aboard high-speed trains who are spotted puffing in non-designated smoking areas not only face an up to 2,000 yuan ($320), on-the-spot fine, but also will be flagged for the violation in China's ticketing database, according to the new China Railway Engineering Corporation regulation.

The first-time offenders will be required to sign an "agreement" at a railway service center in order to purchase their next ticket.

A second offense results in a ban from high-speed (G, D, C class train) ticket purchases both at station windows and online.

The length of the ban was not reported.

The rule does not apply to travel on conventional rail (Z, T, K class trains).

The regulation sparked debate on social media, particularly over the length of the ban.

Some suggested incremental bans based on severity of the case between one and 10 years.

Numerous smoke detectors are installed throughout high-speed rail trains, including cabins, toilets and dining cars, a railway insider told the Yangtze Evening News.

Since August 15, riders aboard high-speed trains who are spotted puffing in non-designated smoking areas not only face an up to 2,000 yuan ($320), on-the-spot fine, but also will be flagged for the violation in China's ticketing database, according to the new China Railway Engineering Corporation regulation.

Are there any pics/videos of the contained smoking areas in CRH trains?

Impressive indeed, hopefully i will be one of the passengers of this beauty one day:china:
Thanks for sharing pal

I am a non-smoker and I hate cigarette smoke. This is excellent news.

--------
Two strikes, you're out (for a while)! China's high-speed rails to smokers
Source:Global Times Published: 2016/8/16 19:53:39

Train passengers caught smoking two times on China's high-speed rails now face a temporary ban from buying tickets.

The first-time offenders will be required to sign an "agreement" at a railway service center in order to purchase their next ticket.

A second offense results in a ban from high-speed (G, D, C class train) ticket purchases both at station windows and online.

The length of the ban was not reported.

The rule does not apply to travel on conventional rail (Z, T, K class trains).

The regulation sparked debate on social media, particularly over the length of the ban.

Some suggested incremental bans based on severity of the case between one and 10 years.

Numerous smoke detectors are installed throughout high-speed rail trains, including cabins, toilets and dining cars, a railway insider told the Yangtze Evening News.
Smoke detectors are very sensitive...
It will automatically stop the train....
They can use the stop time....1-2 minutes at small stations, 2-5 at big stations, lol

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Are there any pics/videos of the contained smoking areas in CRH trains?
No such trains in China....
In some countries, they have smoking compartments.

@AndrewJin What does the number in trainset name signifies? Has it got something to do with train speed?
All letters come from Chinese pinyin, not English.
G 300-350km/h
D 200-250km/h
C 200-350km/h intercity
G/C same price, D cheaper

T/K/Z all slow trains, same price
(Z means direct, T means special express, K means express)

No letter, some are A/C trains, some are non-A/C trains

Yeah, I am an cigarette addict.

Good places for no smoking.:enjoy:
You should understand....even on the platforms, smoking is not allowed.
However, considering the rules inside the trains and some cigarette addicts like you, the rules on platforms are not strictly executed!

Last edited:
Hope the government will ban smoking entirely inside the stations, including platforms during stop overs (and will actually enforce it with full force :devil:). There could be "small (let pack them together tightly, lol)" dedicated areas for smokers, though.

Let me introduce some images from China's Taiwan's railways which I took recently.

Last weekend I went to ‘Shinchu' 新竹 for a trip on a (slow) train.

IMAG2407.jpg
IMAG2409.jpg

This is high speed train.

IMAG2414.jpg

Also, I was at the 台北大都會公園 (Taipei City Park) the other day. The Taoyuan metro line passes across the park. When I was there playing basketball in late afternoon, the trials were ongoing. Not sure when the line will open.

The planes to Songshan also passes over the park during descent.

Beautiful Taipei afternoon...

IMAG2420.jpg
IMAG2421.jpg
IMAG2423.jpg
IMAG2426.jpg

Last edited:
I always prefer G series train.
Smoke detectors are very sensitive...
It will automatically stop the train....
They can use the stop time....1-2 minutes at small stations, 2-5 at big stations, lol

View attachment 328414 View attachment 328415 View attachment 328412 View attachment 328413

No such trains in China....
In some countries, they have smoking compartments.
I once travelled in a K series train, since I got to Shanghai train station at around 11 PM (Thr last CRH is around 6 i guess), I joined few fellow passengers for a smoke near the compartment door while the train was running.
@AndrewJin What does the number in trainset name signifies? Has it got something to do with train speed?
It's an alphabet that is significant, like T, K, G, D, rather than the number.
Screenshot_2016-08-24-14-47-37_com.google.android.apps.photos_1472030274707.jpg

I always prefer G series train.
G and D are only different in speed.
There can be CRH380A which is supposed to run for G but actually for D.

I once travelled in a K series train, since I got to Shanghai train station at around 11 PM (Thr last CRH is around 6 i guess), I joined few fellow passengers for a smoke near the compartment door while the train was running.
Currently Shanghai-Nanjing HSR and Intercity, 9pm last train.
3123.jpg

In pics: High-speed train driving past fields, S China
(Xinhua) August 24, 2016

Photo taken on July 17, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on Aug. 1, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on July 19, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on July 22, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on July 19, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Back
Top Bottom