What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

beautiful scenes!
sometimes i really envy luck of Rail fans in China for photo opportunities they have.
I'm sure there are a lot of classic railway photos for you to take, but it really takes effort especially in mountainous regions. My last time in Beijing's mountainous regions, I had to climb for hours in bush and there were lesions on my skin everywhere. And it is very hard to find a proper place to shoot in city since all railways are fenced. Quite often u need to secretly climb up in high-rises. Anyway, beauty is everywhere, just take time to find it!

Railway fans will share their newly found best places. When I go to another city, I can contact local railway fan organisations, and they are always willing to help. We have organised annual meetings in my city welcoming fans from around the country, giving them advices and information.

@anant_s A newly discovered place for photos in a satellite city near my place (on the roof of an apartment). The railway is still under construction. When the line is finished, I'm sure it will attract thousand of fans from across the country. :-)
俯瞰汉城际铁路1.jpg

China’s train maker CRRC reports 6.3 pct H1 revenue rise

China’s top rolling stock manufacturer CRRC Corp on Monday reported a 6.3 per cent year-on-year rise in revenues to 91.8 billion yuan(14.5 billion U.S. dollars) in the first half, as new businesses such as generators and automobile equipment grew fast.

The merged company of mainland train makers CSR Corp and China CNR said net profits grew 6.85 per cent to 4.7 billion yuan. Their merger was completed in June.

The company said it would speed up global expansion in the second half through new investment and M&As. It broke ground earlier this month for a US$566.6 million contract to build a railcar manufacturing facility in Boston for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. It has put into operation a jointly built rolling stock manufacturing base in Turkey and has completed the construction of an ASEAN manufacturing centre in Malaysia.

CRRC acquired SMD Limited, a UK deepsea equipment company, and has been actively expanding into the marine engineering equipment field.

In the first half, revenues from abroad jumped 61.2 per cent to 11.1 billion yuan while those from mainland China rose 1.5 per cent to 80.7 billion yuan.

The interim report showed CRRC Corp spent 3.8 billion yuan on research and development during the period, up 18 per cent from a year earlier, mainly due to an increase in the development efforts in products including China’s standard railway EMus, with a speed of 350 kilometres per hour.

The company is expanding its core rolling stock technology for use in the nation’s strategic emerging industries including new energy vehicles, wind power equipment and new materials, it said.

Revenues from new business grew 49 per cent in the first half to 20.9 billion yuan, while that from railway equipment – accounting for 52 per cent of its total – fell 1.7 per cent to 47.4 billion yuan.

The directors recommend no interim dividend payment. Its shares gained 2.6 per cent as of 9:25 am to HK$9.96.

Wind/sand-proof CRH5 on Tibetan Plateau along Lanzhou-Xinjiang HSR, Sep. 2015
CRH5在兰新线上-1.jpg

CRRC first-half profits up while overseas revenue soars | International Railway Journal

Andrew is now in bullet train from Changsha to Shaoshan(Chairman Mao's hometown)

Changsha South Railway Station

Underground floor
subway, bus, ticket office & TVMs and HSR arrival floor
View attachment 262007

View attachment 262008

Waiting room floor
Ticket office, ID & security check, food
View attachment 262009

ID & security check
View attachment 262010

Waiting room
View attachment 262011

View attachment 262012

View attachment 262013

View attachment 262014

Are you taking pictures with a cellular phone?

The interim report showed CRRC Corp spent 3.8 billion yuan on research and development during the period, up 18 per cent from a year earlier, mainly due to an increase in the development efforts in products including China’s standard railway EMus, with a speed of 350 kilometres per hour.

Very good. R&D is critical to keep abreast in competition and further improvement.

Revenues from new business grew 49 per cent in the first half to 20.9 billion yuan, while that from railway equipment – accounting for 52 per cent of its total – fell 1.7 per cent to 47.4 billion yuan.

Anticipate a more robust growth as China's HSR gains further overseas prominence.

It looks like Subei(northern Jiangsu area)is finally getting its own HSR network:

徐宿淮盐高铁延长至南通 _【高铁网】_高铁建设_高铁延长,淮盐高铁延,高铁开通,高铁运营

20151009103517281.jpg

It will help propelling Jiangsu’s GDP across the 2 trillion USD line in the next 5-10 years :enjoy:
I'm sure it will.
Jiangsu‘s GDP is already over 1 trillion U.S. dollars benchmark.
And the GDP growth was 8.5% in H1 2015.
Jiangsu, Guangdong, Zhejiang, the big three all have full potential to reach 2 trillion in the next decade.

per capita GDP in nominal $ of Jiangsu Province in 2015
屏幕快照 2015-10-09 13.54.16.png

The third Shanghai-Nanjing HSR, the Yangtze River high-speed corridor,
and costal HSR of Jiangsu are in urgent need.
Plan
屏幕快照 2015-10-09 13.57.23.png

Last edited:
Would it be Big 4 instead? Shandong is #3 while Zhejiang is #4.
O sorry, I only mention Southern China.
A lot of smaller provinces will reach one trillion USD benchmark soon.

Very good. R&D is critical to keep abreast in competition and further improvement.

Anticipate a more robust growth as China's HSR gains further overseas prominence.
Indeed.
As they have explained, a large part of their R&D expenditure was on the standardised CRH350.
This model will be not only in China but serving our foreigner partners.
7c1fcccfjw1etolvmvew3j20rs0ij44h.jpg

New high-speed train station to be built with sea view
By Xie Chuanjiao -- October 08, 2015

FOREIGN201510081042000080471693856.jpg

Work on building China's first high-speed train station with a sea view will begin early next year in Qingdao, in East China's Shandong province, (@AndrewJin :partay:) according to officials.

The station, in the Hongdao Economic Area of the coastal city, will serve as a newtransportation hub after its completion, scheduled for 2019.

High-speed rail lines running through the station will shorten journey times from Qingdaoto Jinan, Shandong's capital, to one hour instead of the current 2.5 hours. And it will takeless than 3 hours to reach Beijing or Shanghai, from the current 5.5 hours and 6 hoursrespectively.

The new railway, with an estimated investment of 60 billion yuan ($9.4 billion), will be built along the Hongdao Bay and the Hongdao station will give passengers a full view of the bay from the waiting rooms, said Zhang Zongwang, deputy general manager of Jinan-Qingdao High-speed Railway Co Ltd, one of the two major developers of the project.

"They could walk to the seaside from the station," Zhang said.

He Changgen, chief engineer of the company, said a boulevard and pedestrian walkways will be built from the station to the sea.

"A new dock will also be built, facilitating local transportation and tourists to the city's major scenic spots, such as Zhanqiao Pier in downtown and others in the Huangdao NewArea," He said.

The development will include 10 platforms and 20 railway lines. As a new transportation hub, the station will also be a crossing for five local subways planned by Qingdao municipal government.

"The new station will serve more than 20 million passengers a year in the long run," said Shang Liqun, the acting director general of the Hongdao Economic Development Area, the other developer of the project.

"By then, Qingdao will serve as the most important transportation hub for Shandong Peninsula, with the Qingdao Station, the Qingdao North Station opened in 2013 and the new Hongdao Station."

"I am excited about the new project," said Song Bo, a regular Jinan-Qingdao railwaypassenger. "The current lines are too slow. The trips will be more pleasant if they are shortened to one hour."

High-speed rail lines running through the station will shorten journey times from Qingdaoto Jinan, Shandong's capital, to one hour instead of the current 2.5 hours. And it will takeless than 3 hours to reach Beijing or Shanghai, from the current 5.5 hours and 6 hoursrespectively.
:enjoy:
There are 40 bullet trains daily from Jinan to Qingdao. 2h20min to 2h50min for 393km indeed too slow!
The new line will further integrate the less developed western Shandong to costal regions.

The uneven development
GDP per capita ($) of prefecture-level cities of Shandong in 2014
屏幕快照 2015-10-09 19.25.55.png

Jinan
2013531153911849.jpg

Qingdao
屏幕快照 2015-10-09 19.30.36.png

This picture has nothing to do with High Speed Trains but just my love for early morning or late afternoon shots, that add a mystic charm.
Seen here is an old (now retired) bi voltage WCAM 1 class loco leading an evening short distance (shuttle service) service for workers in Mumbai. On top we can see sun about to descend in Arabian sea (this is closest Mumbai New Delhi rail line comes to Arabian Sea).
The Locomotive class, the train and even the hillock from where i took this picture have all gone now (due to age, new era Multiple units and two new lines for DFC respectively), but memories remain.

@AndrewJin @Ankit Kumar 001

View attachment 263427
Mysterious and charming!:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom