What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

High-speed train maintenance base in Xi'an
Xinhua, July 5, 2016

d43d7e14d47318e5448b01.jpg

A mechanic checks a bullet train at the Xicheng high-speed train maintenance base in Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, July 4, 2016. Xicheng high-speed train maintenance base, which is the largest in western China, was put into operation recently. (Xinhua/Li Yibo)

d43d7e14d47318e5449a02.jpg

Mechanics check a bullet train at the Xicheng high-speed train maintenance base in Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, July 4, 2016. Xicheng high-speed train maintenance base, which is the largest in western China, was put into operation recently. (Xinhua/Li Yibo)

d43d7e14d47318e5454106.jpg

Mechanics check a bullet train at the Xicheng high-speed train maintenance base in Xi'an, capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, July 4, 2016. Xicheng high-speed train maintenance base, which is the largest in western China, was put into operation recently. (Xinhua/Li Yibo)

Last edited:
d43d7e14d47318e5449a02.jpg

Is this the nose. So big and strangely-positioned to the uneducated eye.

@AndrewJin

Some HSR news from Taiwan.
Note that the Taiwan High Speed Rail Corp (THSRC) has financial difficulties.

--------
High-speed rail Nangang Station opens
By Steghanie Chao ,The China Post
July 1, 2016, 1:53 pm TWN

S__28958767.jpg

A HSR train departs from the newly opened Nangang Station on Friday, July 1. (Stephanie Chao, The China Post )

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- The Nangang high-speed rail station started operations Friday, becoming the 12th stop on the line.

The new terminal replaces Taipei Main Station as the northernmost high-speed rail station and the starting point for southbound bullet trains.

The Nangang venue now provides three public transportation services: Taiwan Railways, the Taipei Metro and the high-speed rail.

The first southbound train left Nangang Station at 6:15 a.m.

The new station has brought with it a change in train times, with the first fleet of the day on either end of the line now departing 15 minutes earlier at 6:15 a.m.

Trains traveling from Nangang Station will require only 105 minutes to reach southernmost Zuoying Station in Kaohsiung.

With the opening of the station, trains will stop at Taipei Main Station for only three minutes.

Nangang Station is equipped with restaurants and a CityLink shopping center, and is connected to Global Mall, which is set to open later this month. The station's opening will also make it easier for commuters bound for Neihu Technology Park (內湖科學園區) or Nankang Software Park (南港軟體工業園區).

Taiwan High Speed Rail Corp. Chairman Victor Liu said the station was aimed at addressing the increasing demand placed by travelers and commuters on Taipei Main Station.

Nangang Station can provide a more convenient alternative for people traveling to Taipei's Neihu and Nangang and New Taipei's Xizhi, as well as to Keelung and Yilan, the company said.

Second high-speed rail corridor between Beijing and Shanghai

When completed, travel time from Beijing to Shanghai may be cut down to 3 hours.

BSHSR2.jpg

Blue: existing HSR; Red: new HSR

随着京沪高铁运能日渐饱和,京沪高铁“第二通道”日渐浮出水面。在中国铁路总公司编制的国家《中长期铁路网规划(2030年)》(征求意见稿)中,已提出将规划建设京沪二通道项目。有网友测算,新线路将让列车从北京到上海只花3小时。

据《扬州晚报》报道,有网友在江苏发改委网站提问,为何沭阳没有高铁?江苏省重大基础设施协调办公室回复道:“在中国铁路总公司编制的国家《中长期铁路网规划(2030年)》(征求意见稿)中,提出将规划建设京沪二通道项目,该铁路拟由潍坊经临沂、淮安、扬州、南通至上海,初步定位为高速客运专线,其中临沂至淮安段线路走向与现有新长铁路大致相同,途径沭阳。据新闻报道,国务院已讨论通过了《中长期铁路网规划》,由于该规划尚未印发,因此目前我委尚不掌握该项目线路走向、实施时间、前期工作计划等有无变化。”

据澎湃新闻报道,若按规划从山东临沂南下,经过江苏沭阳、淮安再到扬州,将补齐江苏中部纵线高铁短板。而江苏东部纵线的沿海铁路有望在今年内开工,穿过江苏西侧泗洪、宿迁的合青铁路则已经完成第一次环评公示。

另外,从“扬州、南通至上海”的走向,意味着京沪高铁二通道将不在扬州过长江,而是横向沿着江苏中部地区到达南通,接入沪通铁路后抵达上海。

那么,山东境内走向如何?

据山东省十三五规划纲要,十三五期间,山东将重点推进京沪高铁二线建设,具体走向为鲁冀界-滨州-东营-潍坊-临沂-鲁苏界。

据山东《齐鲁晚报》报道,今年5月16日,鲁南高铁与京沪高铁二通道方案衔接协调会议在济南召开。会议确定京沪高铁二通道将纵贯临沂市,与鲁南高铁共用临沂北站。未来,临沂将成为山东南部重要铁路客运枢纽。

随着江苏、山东两省官方出面表态,京沪高铁“第二通道”的线路走向正愈发清晰,那就是:从京津冀东侧出发,接入山东滨州,南下往潍坊、临沂,再接入江苏中北部地区的沭阳、淮安,再经扬州、南通,最终到达上海。

相比穿鲁苏西侧而过的京沪高铁,京沪“第二通道”直插鲁苏腹地,到达上海的时空距离将被缩短。

上海到北京间相距约1300公里,可谓“千里迢迢”。1954年首开京沪间列车,全程时间36小时39分。经数十年发展后,旅行时间被不断压缩,直至动卧列车做到“夕发朝至”。2011年,两地间的陆上旅行迎来了革命性的变化,京沪高铁运行时间最短不到5小时,做到了千里京沪一日达。

今年6月30日,北京至上海高速铁路开通运营已满5周年,累计安全运送旅客突破4.5亿人次。这条高铁从1990年开始论证,到2008年4月18日全线开工,2011年06月30日通车,至今前后长达26个春秋。

今年5月15日京沪间加开夜间高铁后,每日首班和末班列车间隔超过12小时,上午出发、下午办事、晚上返程的超快节奏出行也已成为可能。

Second high-speed rail corridor between Beijing and Shanghai

When completed, travel time from Beijing to Shanghai may be cut down to 3 hours.

View attachment 318167
Blue: existing HSR; Red: new HSR

随着京沪高铁运能日渐饱和,京沪高铁“第二通道”日渐浮出水面。在中国铁路总公司编制的国家《中长期铁路网规划(2030年)》(征求意见稿)中,已提出将规划建设京沪二通道项目。有网友测算,新线路将让列车从北京到上海只花3小时。

据《扬州晚报》报道,有网友在江苏发改委网站提问,为何沭阳没有高铁?江苏省重大基础设施协调办公室回复道:“在中国铁路总公司编制的国家《中长期铁路网规划(2030年)》(征求意见稿)中,提出将规划建设京沪二通道项目,该铁路拟由潍坊经临沂、淮安、扬州、南通至上海,初步定位为高速客运专线,其中临沂至淮安段线路走向与现有新长铁路大致相同,途径沭阳。据新闻报道,国务院已讨论通过了《中长期铁路网规划》,由于该规划尚未印发,因此目前我委尚不掌握该项目线路走向、实施时间、前期工作计划等有无变化。”

据澎湃新闻报道,若按规划从山东临沂南下,经过江苏沭阳、淮安再到扬州,将补齐江苏中部纵线高铁短板。而江苏东部纵线的沿海铁路有望在今年内开工,穿过江苏西侧泗洪、宿迁的合青铁路则已经完成第一次环评公示。

另外,从“扬州、南通至上海”的走向,意味着京沪高铁二通道将不在扬州过长江,而是横向沿着江苏中部地区到达南通,接入沪通铁路后抵达上海。

那么,山东境内走向如何?

据山东省十三五规划纲要,十三五期间,山东将重点推进京沪高铁二线建设,具体走向为鲁冀界-滨州-东营-潍坊-临沂-鲁苏界。

据山东《齐鲁晚报》报道,今年5月16日,鲁南高铁与京沪高铁二通道方案衔接协调会议在济南召开。会议确定京沪高铁二通道将纵贯临沂市,与鲁南高铁共用临沂北站。未来,临沂将成为山东南部重要铁路客运枢纽。

随着江苏、山东两省官方出面表态,京沪高铁“第二通道”的线路走向正愈发清晰,那就是:从京津冀东侧出发,接入山东滨州,南下往潍坊、临沂,再接入江苏中北部地区的沭阳、淮安,再经扬州、南通,最终到达上海。

相比穿鲁苏西侧而过的京沪高铁,京沪“第二通道”直插鲁苏腹地,到达上海的时空距离将被缩短。

上海到北京间相距约1300公里,可谓“千里迢迢”。1954年首开京沪间列车,全程时间36小时39分。经数十年发展后,旅行时间被不断压缩,直至动卧列车做到“夕发朝至”。2011年,两地间的陆上旅行迎来了革命性的变化,京沪高铁运行时间最短不到5小时,做到了千里京沪一日达。

今年6月30日,北京至上海高速铁路开通运营已满5周年,累计安全运送旅客突破4.5亿人次。这条高铁从1990年开始论证,到2008年4月18日全线开工,2011年06月30日通车,至今前后长达26个春秋。

今年5月15日京沪间加开夜间高铁后,每日首班和末班列车间隔超过12小时,上午出发、下午办事、晚上返程的超快节奏出行也已成为可能。
30+hours >>>>>>>10 hours>>>>>>4 hours>>>>>>>Next 3 hours!!!

Last edited:
The Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR was announced today with the objective to complete in 2026. Many countries are bidding for it, including the Chinese.

I liked the video before she finishes.....Now stop making us jealous and tell me when you're going to take me to these places/infrastructure????:-)
Welcome to my Province!
We have extraordinary scenery here and also mega cities with crazy expressway network and high-speed rail network!
Check page 24 !

HSR Station in my hometown, the capital of this province

Wuhan.Railway.Station.640.5421.jpg
wuhan438.jpg
wuhan331.jpg
wuhan6847.jpg

Welcome to my Province!
We have extraordinary scenery here and also mega cities with crazy expressway network and high-speed rail network!
Check page 24 !

HSR Station in my hometown, the capital of this province

View attachment 318845 View attachment 318844 View attachment 318846 View attachment 318847

Thanks for welcoming and sharing these wonderful places. I have checked page 24......splendid vibrant places....After watching this, i was like

d51169e022e4c1bbdd7dd5139850b511.jpg

I admit, i don't have much knowledge regarding Chinese progress in infra and other stuff....Damn me...You guys started with so little and now you are the champ whole world admires....All respect to you guys!!!

Keep going...

Back
Top Bottom