What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

No, handling the issue in a Ferguson-style is not the right attitude for the Chinese government. After all, these are some excited kids being played on behind the curtains by some big shot elites with vested interests in managing this economic suicide. Ferguson is the way the US handles its own discontent; has nothing to do with China.

Violence is not the way to solve the deadlock and this goes for both sides of the same nation.

China is not a violent regime like US or India.

Only patience, understanding, and compromise. China cannot compromise its sovereignty (including the likelihood of its sovereignty to be breached in some unseen future). Other than this, the protesters have a right to speak of any economic grievances that they may have. Understandably, economic competition within China is fierce and everybody strives to be the best, hence, probably, the Hong Kong people are feeling to be outcompeted.

We will sympathize with them.

I agree with you 101%. Just because a local police department in the United States does something, does not mean it should be emulate by other police agencies. Excessive brutality in Ferguson is not something the United States , i'm sure, is proud of. And definitely not something the Chinese Leadership should consider "worthy of emulating". China is an Ascendant Power, with such power comes with responsibility, clout, ethical consideration. All eyes in Asia and the world will be looking at China to see if it is going to be the responsible and paternalistic entity that it espouses to be. Or will it be a brutal in its handling of Chinese citizens.

Afterall, as one friend told me, Hong Kongers are Chinese first, Hong Kongers second.

largest-crowd-ever-today-protests-corrupt-chinese-communist-rulers2-jpg.105606

https://defence.pk/attachments/********-dot-com-a9b_1412192743-120917044229-china-japan-protest-3-horiz_1412192758-jpg.105618/
3-jpg.105610
Those pics not in HK protest, 1st background inside mainland of China street (Building Name: Simple Chinese not Tranditional Chinese using by HK), 2nd inside China SWAT & armed police (When HongKong has China armed police ??? ), 3nd is mainland anti-Japan protest (see title words) about DiaoYu island dispute. Pics link address tell truth, it's "xxx-china-japan-protest-xxx".

Using wrong pics hiden in dozens of issue pics, the West media's way.

Last edited:
This is not the right approach imo. These protestors are backed by foreign money they can be there for awhile. Maybe HK should suffer because they had it good for too long.

The foreign elements, if any, can be handled more silently and in a diplomatic, legal way. If there are agent-provocateurs (Indian, US or British or whatever), then, they can be deported or declared unwanted person. But, the protesters who are there for one reason or another with good, genuine intent, they need to be persuaded although this cannot mean China will allow any likelihood of breach of its sovereignty.

No body, in the end should get harmed but, I agree with you that, the foreigner elements will certainly be watched carefully. In that sense, I would even urge the dark-skinned (as they called themselves so) Indians to abstain from getting their pictures spread all over the internet.

There will be a criminal investigation for sure, after the protests end. Then, there will be legal consequences.

Last edited:
Those pics not in HK protest, 1st background inside mainland of China street, 2nd inside China SWAT & armed police (When HongKong has China armed police ??? ), 3nd is mainland anti-Japan protest (see title words) about DiaoYu island dispute.

Please report the poster to the mods and webmaster on account of flame-baiting and trolling using fake, non-related or repeated images with the aim of creating mindless discussion and sowing hatred between various nations.

In the meantime, thank you for revealing the real face and intent of this dishonest and troll poster.

this video shows a standoff as protesters have blocked government buildings

That may be so. Anyways, I hope and pray for a peaceful resolution to this situation; for both the Chinese Government and the Hong Kong participants in this civil disobedience. I am never in favor of the use of wanton violence, when it can be solved diplomatically. Thank You for your clarification , too, on HK weaknesses and strengths. I appreciate the clarification/ correction.
no violence needed, the government made this a HK issue, seems insignificant, but in the world of Chinese politics, once something is out of your hands it usually means they want nothing to do with that mess.

If HK government wins, Beijing gets credit, if HK government fails, the blame is on HK government and Beijing stays clear.

At this point even if Leung ask for the PLA, there is going to be 100 coincidental accidents that makes reaching the PLA in HK impossible.

Amerika seems to be onl be getting support from disgusting hipster liberals
hindi posters in hong kong

d410f0b118b5ce98a5e7cdb5edae81af-jpg.103176

a647739be07fc1f8d7f6215547beb54c-jpg.103177

. Not a surprise.

Remnants of Sikh soldiers stationed to oppress the people during British rule?

Those pics not in HK protest, 1st background inside mainland of China street (Building Name: Simple Chinese not Tranditional Chinese using by HK), 2nd inside China SWAT & armed police (When HongKong has China armed police ??? ), 3nd is mainland anti-Japan protest (see title words) about DiaoYu island dispute. Pics link address tell truth, it's "xxx-china-japan-protest-xxx".

Thank you, again, for revealing the real face and intent of the morally inconsistent poster.

‘Global Solidarity with Hong Kong’ rallies planned worldwide as Facebook turns yellow in support of protestors | South China Morning Post

‘Global Solidarity with Hong Kong’ rallies planned worldwide as Facebook turns yellow in support of protestors
View attachment 105774
Rallies in support of Hong Kong protesters who took to the street over the weekend to call for greater democracy have been held in multiple cities around the world, with more planned in the coming days.

全球聲援香港爭取真普選 United for Democracy: Global Solidarity with Hong Kong | Facebook

View attachment 105773

It seems that the HK protest use yellow ribbon... for some in the PH though, it now has a negative connotation.

:pop:
I'm glad i'm not viet monkey. That crazy strangled chicken sound you guys make when u open your mouth is classic.

we are one nation in one state.

you are secondary citizen in China. Do you know this truth ?

Hongkongers are better than you when they can say what they want.

Mainland China students shun Hong Kong protests
October 2, 2014 2:28 pm

While thousands of Hong Kong students are boycotting classes to take part in the city’s democracy protests, many of their mainland Chinese classmates keep attending, with only a few heading to the streets.

Serina Su, a student at the University of Hong Kong, said she had not skipped classes because of a heavy workload in her final year. Despite her sympathy for the protesters, she says the movement is “doomed to fail”.

“It won’t cause any real threat to Beijing despite the current momentum,” she said. “China is so big and Hong Kong so tiny. Beijing won’t compromise – they think, ‘I am the big boss, I can do whatever I like’.”

According to students and professors who spoke to the Financial Times, most mainland Chinese students at Hong Kong’s main universities have been attending classes.

“Most of my students from mainland China remain silent on the issue, saying they don’t want to mix politics with studies,” said Yu Shuo, a professor at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. “Even those who support the protests have been careful as they worry about possible political persecution if they go back [to mainland China].”

Under the “one country, two systems” principle, Hong Kong enjoys a much higher degree of freedom than mainland China. This exposes mainland Chinese students in the territory to issues that are widely censored back home, including the democracy movement.

While expressing cautious support for the movement, some mainland students, like Ms Su, see a bleak future for the protests.

Tracy Tong, another Chinese student at the HKU, says that although she supports democracy and freedom, the protesters lack pragmatic demands.

“Many people . . . keep shouting out their discontent and changing requests following the MC on the stage. But they don’t seem to know what they actually want, what they can achieve,” she said.

Her view is echoed by Mr Shi, a graduate student at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, who would only gave his surname.

“So many people are gathering there,” he said. “All are very passionate. But it looks like they make decisions by their emotions, not by their reason. And don’t forget: the Chinese government won’t concede.”

However, those who have first-hand experience of the protests think differently.

Zoe Zhao, a Chinese graduate student at CUHK, joined the protests from the start.

“I cherish Hong Kong for its freedom and good order,” she said. “Even if it’s a battle we can’t win, we still have to fight. Because there’s no other way out.”

She added that at least the world had now seen Hong Kong people protesting in a peaceful, disciplined and orderly way. “Have you seen this in other countries?”

Albert Sun, an HKU fresher, said that unlike Chinese students who are seeking a better education in Hong Kong, he came here mainly because of the democracy movement.

“Hong Kong was a bit boring before. It’s just an international financial centre. But with Occupy Central, it has become very interesting.”

Mr Sun thinks the protesters’ determination and an endless stream of resources will sustain the movement. More importantly, he said it would enlighten mainland visitors travelling to the city.

“When they see Hong Kong people fighting for true democracy, for universal suffrage, it will make them think about their environment, where they don’t even dare say whatever they truly think,” he said. “That’s not what the Chinese government wants to see.”
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b3a6fec4-49fd-11e4-bc07-00144feab7de.html#axzz3F2yRnium

now through live telecast, let us see them organizing a mass rally against hong kong protesters

Back
Top Bottom