What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

Do you mean the war between China and Japan is unavoidable ?

I‘m not sure. The path on which China rise is quite different from that of Japan.

Abe already knew the consequences, it will be a destructive strike ever since, because NK, SK, US, Russia will also engage. And I strongly recommend both sides against the war, for descendants' sake.

Last edited:
Who knows what will happen if Japan keeps on with its current path. Spreading China threat, increasing military buildup, more war criminal worships. Maybe some war might occur after few decades. What Abe is doing is playing a dangerous game angering NK, SK and China.

Dude, first of all, the personal attack is uncalled for.

Secondly, soldier fight for their country, not like this is where they go on their own. A war is not started by average Japanese, but rather japanese government and their leadership. You are hating those average Japanese simply you hate their government, whom started the war, then how between what i said and what you think??

Many soldier from the opposite side respect what the other side do, and acknowledge that they do not start a war, they are just doing their job. I will respect anyone who are willing to die for their country, regardless of what origin they are, I respect the same amount to Chinese Soldier die for China, American soldier dies for America, British Soldier die for Britanna. And i respect the same amount to those japanese soldier who die for japan.

If you do not understand this, then it looks like you are the one needed to grow a brain before commenting. A probably a pair to actual have a backbone to die for your country first, then you can come back and talk to me
You still don't get it, do you? The point here is not about hating them. The POINT is you don't worship or celebrate about them. Do you fucking understand this simple thinking? Should we celebrate the luftwaffe, the SS, the the gestapo, or the red guard? After all, they are just doing their job and to protect the security of their country. Why the **** I can't wear a SS uniform without having Jews cocking my head? Think about that for a second and come back when you grow a brain. LOL

You still don't get it, do you? The point here is not about hating them. The POINT is you don't worship or celebrate about them. Do you fucking understand this simple thinking? Should we celebrate the luftwaffe, the SS, the the gestapo, or the red guard? After all, they are just doing their job and to protect the security of their country. Why the **** I can't wear a SS uniform without having Jews cocking my head? Think about that for a second and come back when you grow a brain. LOL

Again, if you don't stop with the F Bomb, someone will force you off the forum. I am ok with you expressing yourselve in this forum, but F this and F that?? You say **** will not make your point any more correct than it already has

And you are the one who still don't understand. Nobody is saying we should worship everything on the other side of the pond. Normal soldier would respect each other. Even the height of combat this respect is recipical. IN WW2, a Japanese ship sailor salute the captain of a US Ship after the Japanese Battleship sunk the tiny frigate that fought against them during battle off samar. The Indian General blown his leg off from a land mind to personal met the brave Pakistani Captain that his 140 troop hold off the 2000 Indian and bangadesh troop for 3 months.

Should there be any statue for Luftwaffe Pilot for their death and sacifice? You bet, infact there are some in north of France that dedicated to all service pilot (French, UK, US, and GERMANY that lose their life during WW2). But it would be a no to sensitive issue for the SS and Gestapo as both committed war crime. Now i ask you, exactly what kind of war crime did the Kamikaze Pilot committed during the whole war??

Why would anyone want to modify history?

History is modified or twisted to serve contemporary political aims.

Why is it so hard for the Japanese prime minister to honor their war death soldier in a way that is acceptable? Why? As a career/seasoned politician, wouldn't they understand the duty of their office and the consequence of their action?

Why would the Japanese right winger risk Japanese national interest despite almost universal condemnation?

Is it wise? Is it right? Is it really necessary for them to do it?

Different culture, is it ?

Remember China called their attack to Vietnam in 1979 as defensive counter attack.
When ever Vietnam attacked China, so why "counter attack" ?

Japan has no right to attack, only defend, ... but what if they apply the term "defensive counter attack" as China did ?
Big nations always drive the words as their will.

Sorry to say that. So don't be surprise to observe any movements.
Somewhere , skin head guys are saluting SS flag ...

Last edited:
Can someone explain why is there so much controversy associated with Yasukuni Shrine? Shouldn't Japan honour their soldiers?

China should have a shrine honouring Tepco owners for the nuclear disaster of 2011. Shizo Abe's grandfather could be in this shrine being given that his grandfather is a War criminal, its not a surprise that his grandson is following his footstep. What would the white western racists say if there is an equivalent shrine in Germany honouring Hitler, Rommel and the likes? Japan back by the US should also consider a worldwide shrine honoring all the war crimnals that Japan, Germany and now the US have produced. We could see people honoring the spirits of Hitler, Rommel, Unit 731 Japanese Doctors and Executors and later perhaps the actual US........

Shenzhen Overtakes Hong Kong as Third Busiest Container Port
By Rachel Butt January 16, 2014
China’s Shenzhen surpassed Hong Kong to become the world’s third-busiest container port for the first time last year, as a strike diverted ships away from the former British colony.

Terminals in Shenzhen, in Guangdong province, handled 23.3 million twenty-foot equivalent containers last year, outpacing Hong Kong’s 22.3 million in the same period, data from the Transport Commission of Shenzhen Municipality and Hong Kong Port Development Council show.

Port workers at billionaire Li Ka-shing’s Hongkong International Terminals Ltd. went on a 40-day strike in late March last year, demanding higher wages. Evergreen Marine Corp. Taiwan Ltd. and Japan’s Mitsui OSK Lines Ltd. were among shipping lines that diverted vessels to other ports.

Shanghai and Singapore remain the world’s two biggest container ports.
Shenzhen Overtakes Hong Kong as Third Busiest Container Port - Businessweek

1,Shanghai
2.Singapore
3.Shenzhen
4.Hong Kong

5. Busan
6.Ningbo
7.Guangzhou
8.Qingdao
9.Dubai
10.Tianjin

New NHK chief: ‘comfort women’ only wrong per ‘today’s morality’; programming must push Japan’s territorial stances
Kyodo, Jan 25, 2014

The new chairman of NHK said Saturday that its programming for foreign audiences should “state Japan’s positions in no uncertain terms” on territorial disputes with China and South Korea, while defending the nation’s use of wartime “comfort women” and dismissing press freedom concerns about the new state secrets law.

“When the government is saying, ‘Right,’ we can’t say, ‘Left.’ International broadcasting has such a (propagandist) nuance,” Katsuto Momii told a news conference held to mark the start of his three-year stint at the public broadcaster.

Momii, who is rumored to have been the preferred choice of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as NHK’s top official, also made controversial remarks on Japan’s use of the euphemistically titled “comfort women” and the recently enacted secrecy law.

NHK’s programming “shouldn’t be far removed from (the stance of) the Japanese government,” he said, adding that on sovereignty disputes with China over the Senkaku Islands and South Korea over the Takeshima islets, “it is natural to state Japan’s positions in no uncertain terms.”

Asked about the women who were forced to provide sex to Imperial Japanese soldiers before and during World War II, Momii said such an institution existed in “every country” and that it is only considered wrong based on “today’s morality.”

“Things are complicated because South Korea says Japan was the only country that forcibly recruited (comfort women),” Momii, a former president of Nihon Unisys Ltd. and vice president of trading house Mitsui & Co., said, noting he was only stating his personal view.

On possible compensation to the women, as called for by South Korea, he said the matter was fully settled when the two countries signed a treaty in 1965 normalizing bilateral ties.

Meanwhile, Momii dismissed concern about freedom of the press in connection with the state secrecy law, which will impose stricter penalties on leakers of information deemed to be “special secrets” in such areas as counterterrorism and defense.

“Now that (the bill) has been passed, there is no point in questioning it. We will run (a relevant program) if that is necessary,” he said. “It would be a problem if the government’s purpose (of the law) is what the public is worried about. But I doubt that is the purpose.”

On Abe’s controversial recent visit to the war-linked Yasukuni Shrine, which infuriated China and South Korea because the site honors Class-A war criminals alongside the nation’s war dead, Momii said NHK is in no position to say whether the visit was “good or bad.”

“He went there with his own conviction as prime minister. . . . In reporting, NHK would just say that the prime minister visited Yasukuni,” Momii said.

New NHK chief: 'comfort women' only wrong per 'today's morality'; programming must push Japan's territorial stances | The Japan Times

Last edited:
Japan NHK head's 'comfort women' remark stirs controversy

AFP | Tokyo

January 26, 2014
Last Updated at 10:00 IST

The newly appointed head of Japan's public broadcaster NHK has stirred controversy by saying the system of forcibly drafting women into military brothels during World War II was "common in any country at war".

Katsuto Momii's comment yesterday came after popular Osaka mayor Toru Hashimoto prompted global outrage last year by suggesting that the so-called "comfort women" served a "necessary" role by keeping battle-stressed soldiers in check.

Up to 200,000 women from Korea, China, the Philippines and elsewhere were forced into brothels catering to the Japanese military in territories occupied by Japan during WWII, according to many mainstream historians.

The military brothel system was "common in any country at war", Momii told his first news conference as NHK chairman on Saturday.

"Can we say there were none in Germany or France? It was everywhere in Europe," he said, according to reports.

Noting that this was his personal view, Momii said the comfort women issue has been "complicated because South Korea says Japan was the only country that forcibly recruited (women)".

The politically charged issue of comfort women has stoked regional tensions, with South Korea and China insisting that Japan must face up to its World War II-era sexual enslavement of women from across occupied Asia.

In a landmark 1993 statement, then chief Japanese government spokesman Yohei Kono apologised to former comfort women and acknowledged Japan's role in causing their suffering.

But in remarks in 2007 that triggered a region-wide uproar, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who also served as premier then, said there was no evidence that Japan directly forced women to work as sex slaves.

Momii, 70, who previously served as a vice chairman of trading house Mitsui, is rumoured to have been Abe's preferred choice as NHK chairman, Kyodo news agency said.

Japan NHK head's 'comfort women' remark stirs controversy | Business Standard

Can someone explain why is there so much controversy associated with Yasukuni Shrine? Shouldn't Japan honour their soldiers?

The shrine was put to honor the 10 dead convicted war criminal of imperial Japanese army during WW2

While most of those war crime were committed in China, general Chinese view is the leader whom visit throat shrine are also glorify those war criminal, in a way give a positive/reaffirming aspect to what they have done during ww2

Especially when Japan never actually repent from the war...

The shrine was put to honor the 10 dead convicted war criminal of imperial Japanese army during WW2

While most of those war crime were committed in China, general Chinese view is the leader whom visit throat shrine are also glorify those war criminal, in a way give a positive/reaffirming aspect to what they have done during ww2

Especially when Japan never actually repent from the war...

Well thats not true. Wikipedia tells me the shrine was opened in 1869, so its not just about the world war II.

Well thats not true. Wikipedia tells me the shrine was opened in 1869, so its not just about the world war II.

Lol the shrine were built in 1869, but they hold 10 class A WW2 war criminal in it, and some of the resting place it hold had done thing to China during opium war or something like that, not sure...it was on top of my head

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom