What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

'You on the contrary, had you served in any war'
Yes. Have you?

As I said, I served in Iraq and Afghanistan, 1 tour each, first as an infantry platoon commander on ground with the 3d infantry division, and as Battalion S-2 with element of 82nd Airborne Division in Afghanistan

My Brother served in the original gulf war as a USAF maintenance chief

My cousin just return from a pirate tour in the gulf of Aden with the USN

My father and his brother were both drafted to serve in the Vietnam War while my father ended up as a Navy Corpsman with the Pleiku Evac hospital and my uncle was KIA with the 1st Cav

I am asking, where you served

Lol, not talking about combat zone, I mean war, theatre of operation.

Have you served in Falklands?
You asked me if I had served in a war Zone, to which the answer is 'yes' several- some not even anything to do with us. My ship was in the Falklands after the Argentine surrender. But I am not going to go into this 'My relatives did more than your relatives' argument or what I did. Enough of my Family were killed/injured/captured in WW1 and WW2/ Korea to have us affected by it (as were many families in the UK to this day), so I do know 'what it is like', contrary to your comment. I am not saying that the Japanese individuals were evil. But the Regime they fought under was.

You asked me if I had served in a war Zone, to which the answer is 'yes' several- some not even anything to do with us. My ship was in the Falklands after the Argentine surrender. But I am not going to go into this 'My relatives did more than your relatives' argument or what I did. Enough of my Family were killed/injured/captured in WW1 and WW2/ Korea to have us affected by it (as were many families in the UK to this day), so I do know 'what it is like', contrary to your comment. I am not saying that the Japanese individuals were evil. But the Regime they fought under was.

Dude, I did not ask have you served under any way zone, I asked had you served in any war

Take your falkland experience as an example, it would still be a war zone but there are no hostility remained in it, does that mean you have been to war?

The problem is what you fail to see how people acts under constant fighting. Dude, let me ask you, how much you would take on if somebody is shooting at you?

In War, it's really important to understand that people you are killing, or people who trying to kill you is just doing their job. They follow a different course and now we met down the barrel of the gun.

In war, you fought for your idea, and you follow that conviction into killing another human being, not because you simply hate the otherside

This is the basic respect you need to pay when you are fighting a war, my grand father was a B-17 Nav after he got out of AVG and got shot down 3 times over Germany, he lost 17 crew in the process. You know what he said about the German army? They are doing their job, we do our, that's how's we cross path. He still have contact with some German soldier during WW2 until his death in 1980

Thats their job to hunt him down, judging by he escaped all 3 times they are not doing a good job about it.

That's basic respect you got to pay, I had enough of people shot at me when I was in Iraq, does that mean I have to hate all Iraqi or Muslim in this sense? They believe we are evil, that's why they fight us, we believe they are evil, that's why we fight them. In normal circumstance, I will probably never met any of them in my whole life

The kamikaze pilot just doing their job, and the pure sene of duty calling them for self sacrifices is something we should respect, regardless of which side they fought, the pure conviction that they pledge to their country, their government deserve our respect. In the same matter, anyone who are willing to die for their own clause also deserve our respect, it does not distract anything simply because we are taking a different side

If you fail to see this, then it's probably better for you to stay out of any conflict.

Dude, I did not ask have you served under any way zone, I asked had you served in any war

Take your falkland experience as an example, it would still be a war zone but there are no hostility remained in it, does that mean you have been to war?

The problem is what you fail to see how people acts under constant fighting. Dude, let me ask you, how much you would take on if somebody is shooting at you?

In War, it's really important to understand that people you are killing, or people who trying to kill you is just doing their job. They follow a different course and now we met down the barrel of the gun.

In war, you fought for your idea, and you follow that conviction into killing another human being, not because you simply hate the otherside

This is the basic respect you need to pay when you are fighting a war, my grand father was a B-17 Nav after he got out of AVG and got shot down 3 times over Germany, he lost 17 crew in the process. You know what he said about the German army? They are doing their job, we do our, that's how's we cross path. He still have contact with some German soldier during WW2 until his death in 1980

Thats their job to hunt him down, judging by he escaped all 3 times they are not doing a good job about it.

That's basic respect you got to pay, I had enough of people shot at me when I was in Iraq, does that mean I have to hate all Iraqi or Muslim in this sense? They believe we are evil, that's why they fight us, we believe they are evil, that's why we fight them. In normal circumstance, I will probably never met any of them in my whole life

The kamikaze pilot just doing their job, and the pure sene of duty calling them for self sacrifices is something we should respect, regardless of which side they fought, the pure conviction that they pledge to their country, their government deserve our respect. In the same matter, anyone who are willing to die for their own clause also deserve our respect, it does not distract anything simply because we are taking a different side

If you fail to see this, then it's probably better for you to stay out of any conflict.
At 61 years old, I doubt they would allow me to take part anyway.

At 61 years old, I doubt they would allow me to take part anyway.

Don't be so sure, Iceal Hambleton got shot down in North Vietnam at age 53.5 and survived 11 days evading capture and successfully retrieved by USN special force, everything is possible

Why did they put the Japs and KMT's flag together?
I guess they just want to express their hatred about mainland china and CCP,so they don't really care about what did they put,whether it's a yasukuni shrine or KMT or British Colonism or whatsoever,it doesn't matter.

Dude, those are waffen SS. I am talking about Kamikaze pilot, tell me, what war crime did they committed by crashing their plane to their enemy? They committed crime by fighting a war?

Of all the Japanese Branch, they are the least likely to committee any war crime, cause 1 mission and your dead

Or are you simply saying they committed a crime by simply just being Japanese? LOL
LOL What a dumbass comment. These are the Imperial Japanese pilots that support the invasion of their motherland directly or indirectly. Enemy? Who the **** start the war?

LOL What a dumbass comment. These are the Imperial Japanese pilots that support the invasion of their motherland directly or indirectly. Enemy? Who the **** start the war?

So you are saying they are wrong simply because they are Japanese and Japanese started the war. Bravo

So you are saying they are wrong simply because they are Japanese and Japanese started the war. Bravo

You do realize the shrines' high profile "people" were convicted war criminals and human experimental units, like unit 731. Also the units that participated in massacring Chinese civilians. The Japanese don't have a special unit like the Nazies, but they were carried out just the same.

China has always been fine with Japanese remembering those soldiers, even the extreme cases, it can be said it was done by lesser man and under orders.

You do know when the issue started right, right around the time Japanese started to worship CONVICTED WAR CRIMINALS.

It be like building a statue to commemorate Goering or Schörner.

You do realize the shrines' high profile "people" were convicted war criminals and human experimental units, like unit 731. Also the units that participated in massacring Chinese civilians. The Japanese don't have a special unit like the Nazies, but they were carried out just the same.

China has always been fine with Japanese remembering those soldiers, even the extreme cases, it can be said it was done by lesser man and under orders.

You do know when the issue started right, right around the time Japanese started to worship CONVICTED WAR CRIMINALS.

It be like building a statue to commemorate Goering or Schörner.

Yeah, but I was not talking about the shrine, I am talking about kamikaze pilot.

Honestly, do you think they did anything wrong except fighting a war and die for it?

I have no comment on the shrine

Please do read my post carefully again

Yeah, but I was not talking about the shrine, I am talking about kamikaze pilot.

Honestly, do you think they did anything wrong except fighting a war and die for it?

I have no comment on the shrine

Please do read my post carefully again

if you are not commenting on the war criminal shrine then all of your comments are off topic and should be deleted! WTF!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom