What's new

China Hires As many as 300,000 Internet Trolls to make the Communist Party look good

Well I have to work...but maybe @LeveragedBuyout @Nihonjin1051 @gambit have some insights on threads and user reviews etc..

Sorry, gents. I no more trust user reviews than I trust self-appointed art critics, self-appointed literary critics, or self-appointed political analysts. The only source I trust implicitly is Consumer Reports, and even then, their Tesla fetish has made me suspicious.

Regarding the OP, haven't we discussed this already in another thread? I doubt such a thing exists, which is why we've been mocking it. If it does exist, it is a tremendous sign of incompetence on the part of the CCP, as this type of propaganda can only work against the weakest minds, i.e. those who do not have any power or influence in their home countries, anyway.

Sure, there are at least 1 billion of 50 cent party trolls in China.
As if YOU or any of your fellow Chinese on this forum would admit to being member of that group. We know that there are 'facilitators of discussions' hired by the Chinese government to try to portray the Party in particular, and China in general, in as positive a light as possible.

As if YOU or any of your fellow Chinese on this forum would admit to being member of that group. We know that there are 'facilitators of discussions' hired by the Chinese government to try to portray the Party in particular, and China in general, in as positive a light as possible.

We represent the majority voice in China's cyberspace community, and the pro-West voice in China is now largely marginalized, unlike back in 10 years ago, they were an overwhelming power in the online community.

No one believe with 1.3 billions population everyone in China ever used the internet all under payroll of the 50 cent army. What a ridiculous idea any Chinese ever have a positive attitude toward their government are paid troll from the CCP party. Chinese defenses their nation interest on net are no doubt 50 cent member because there couldn't possibly be a patriotic Chinese and loyal to CCP. Just like there are countless Indian, American, Vietnamese in this forum to defense their nation image must be paid by their own government. Accusation without evidence are just plain smear campaign done so do destroy once credibility. There no proof every Chinese posters on the net are paid to post then no one can generalize each and every one Chinese poster are the 50 cents army.

Do you think China's government even bothers to spend money on PDF? Which has zero influence on ordinary Chinese attitude?

Let me ask you a question. Would it help China if chinese posters on the ACTUALLY most popular PAKISTANI DEFENCE website posted pro pakistani stuff to keep up the chinese pakistani special friendship ? Yes it would. And that is why they do it. pakistan armed forces are the best testers of chinese defence products. and buyers too. it is but natural. and actually that simple.

No one believe with 1.3 billions population everyone in China ever used the internet all under payroll of the 50 cent army. What a ridiculous idea any Chinese ever have a positive attitude toward their government are paid troll from the CCP party. Chinese defenses their nation interest on net are no doubt 50 cent member because there couldn't possibly be a patriotic Chinese and loyal to CCP. Just like there are countless Indian, American, Vietnamese in this forum to defense their nation image must be paid by their own government. Accusation without evidence are just plain smear campaign done so do destroy once credibility. There no proof every Chinese posters on the net are paid to post then no one can generalize each and every one Chinese poster are the 50 cents army.
You will be surprised by how many people a single person can influence, especially over the Internet. No one said that all Chinese netizens are part of the 50 cent army, but I am sure that most of them get influenced by the army itself in some ways.

My advice: Do not be a troll and jump on the first bait you see jingling in the water guys. Especially, if it is an Indian (unpaid) online warrior telling you something, think twice, keeping in perspective their world famous corruption, inefficiency, dirt, smell, and what, democracy.

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

Related News: Jeff Jarvis: Washington shows the morals of a clumsy spammer

That annoying teen with a strange political bent on your blog may in fact be an aging US army sergeant spewing American propaganda, while also impersonating a 13-year old girl on your buddies Twitter.

A new US military spy operation takes manipulation to a new level, using social media to tackle the online world. America’s new ‘sock puppet’ software allows the military to simultaneously create multiple fake online identities to spread a pro-American message.

Nope, you are not being spammed. You have been targeted! You are so popular on Twitter, Facebook or where ever else you might spend your time online that the government wants to comment on your blog, many, many times to make sure their message is the loudest.

You can block them, report it as spam, but it will not work. The views will keep coming back. The military has awarded a contract to a California company to make sure of that.

The new software creates a super online persona management service allowing military members to control multiple online identities at once. The personas are generated to boast a convincing back story, a history and required supporting information. In addition, up to at least 50 controllers need to be able to operate their false identities from their government computers concurrently — “without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries,” of course.

To ensure diversity among the face identifies, the system will use one US server and eight abroad to ensure the American message comes from a global perspective.

One the system is fully in place American service members can cozy up at their computers at any and all hours to respond to messages across the social web multiple times and on multiple websites. The same service member can deny bombings in Afghanistan under an assumed American, French or even an Afghan identity while also promoting US humanitarian aid in Japan under a Japanese pen name and systematically promote revolution in Latin America — or anywhere else they so choose.

The military however claims, while it can certainly do these things, they plan to only focus on “blogging activities on foreign-language websites to enable Centcom to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the US,” according to Centcom spokesman Commander Bill Speaks.

He explained it would be unlawful to “address US audiences” with the technology and the online profiles would be in non-English script. However, laws not prevented the military from acting out of line in the past — including recent revelations the US army attempted to sue psychological manipulations against US senators to garner increased Afghan war funding.

My advice: Do not be a troll and jump on the first bait you see jingling in the water guys. Especially, if it is an Indian (unpaid) online warrior telling you something, think twice, keeping in perspective their world famous corruption, inefficiency, dirt, smell, and what, democracy.

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

Related News: Jeff Jarvis: Washington shows the morals of a clumsy spammer

That annoying teen with a strange political bent on your blog may in fact be an aging US army sergeant spewing American propaganda, while also impersonating a 13-year old girl on your buddies Twitter.

A new US military spy operation takes manipulation to a new level, using social media to tackle the online world. America’s new ‘sock puppet’ software allows the military to simultaneously create multiple fake online identities to spread a pro-American message.

Nope, you are not being spammed. You have been targeted! You are so popular on Twitter, Facebook or where ever else you might spend your time online that the government wants to comment on your blog, many, many times to make sure their message is the loudest.

You can block them, report it as spam, but it will not work. The views will keep coming back. The military has awarded a contract to a California company to make sure of that.

The new software creates a super online persona management service allowing military members to control multiple online identities at once. The personas are generated to boast a convincing back story, a history and required supporting information. In addition, up to at least 50 controllers need to be able to operate their false identities from their government computers concurrently — “without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries,” of course.

To ensure diversity among the face identifies, the system will use one US server and eight abroad to ensure the American message comes from a global perspective.

One the system is fully in place American service members can cozy up at their computers at any and all hours to respond to messages across the social web multiple times and on multiple websites. The same service member can deny bombings in Afghanistan under an assumed American, French or even an Afghan identity while also promoting US humanitarian aid in Japan under a Japanese pen name and systematically promote revolution in Latin America — or anywhere else they so choose.

The military however claims, while it can certainly do these things, they plan to only focus on “blogging activities on foreign-language websites to enable Centcom to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the US,” according to Centcom spokesman Commander Bill Speaks.

He explained it would be unlawful to “address US audiences” with the technology and the online profiles would be in non-English script. However, laws not prevented the military from acting out of line in the past — including recent revelations the US army attempted to sue psychological manipulations against US senators to garner increased Afghan war funding.

Me and @xesy are always on friendly terms so we can joke around. I wasn't baiting him at all, I was just joking with him. I already told him once that he sounded more western than an Asian so no way he is a 50 guerilla.

Here I'll let you know my theory why alot of non-chinese think every pro-CCP chinese internet posters are 50 cent army. It is because freedom of expression is limited in the PRC and people are banned from creating their own political party to oppose the CCP.

So when non-chinese see pro-CCP posters, they automatically think they must be from the 50 cent army or pressured to post those kind of posts. They think, if the majority of +1 billion PRC chinese are pro-CCP out of their free-will, then why do the CCP still need to restrict people's freedom of political expression and ban a multiparty system?

This article is most retard I've ever seen. There is over 40 to 50 millions oversea Chinese to flood the "open western" internet if we Chinese really want to troll it's for the good of China and Chinese people than communist party...the author is just living in the cave with 1960's mentallity. And thank to western anti-China propaganda, Communist party don't need to pay a dime to get not over 300000 internet trolls but over a dozen of millions Chinese trolls...LMAO

Any western retards wrote article about China will only make Chinese's day.

This article is most retard I've ever seen. There is over 40 to 50 millions oversea Chinese to flood the "open western" internet if we Chinese really want to troll it's for the good of China and Chinese people than communist party...the author is just living in the cave with 1960's mentallity. And thank to western anti-China propaganda, Communist party don't need to pay a dime to get not over 300000 internet trolls but over a dozen of millions Chinese trolls...LMAO

Any western retards wrote article about China will only make Chinese's day.

Better ignore the sockpuppets. :)

Plenty of those like him out there. I am not sure they are paid or not. But they are sure passionate!

Social media sites such as Facebook is giving the US too much power. With fake/sock puppet identities, while revealing your identity such as location in Hong Kong, you are vulnerable from US propaganda. Even you don't add strangers in your facebook account, you friends might have.

Back
Top Bottom