What's new

China hesitant over J-10C barter deal with cash-strapped Iran

Worst analysis I have seen on this forum.

China is sitting on trillions of cash. So no they don’t “need” cash. And oil contracts are negotiated for a period of time to smooth volatility.

Again use your brain, China importing oil from Iran will happen regardless of it needs cash or doesn’t (which it doesn’t). So 3B it receives from Iran would go right back out the door to pay for oil/gas from Iran/Qatar/Saudi Arabia.

Again use some critical thinking skills
Apparenrly you don't know what for-ex reserves, and how they work, nor do you understand how economics works.

As for oil pricing, when you barter, oil contracts get thrown out the window. China wouldn't be signing an oil contract with Iran over this, because it literally makes no sense to. Iran would essentially be using oil as a substitute for cash, so your reasoning gets thrown out the window.

Apparenrly you don't know what for-ex reserves, and how they work, nor do you understand how economics works.

As for oil pricing, when you barter, oil contracts get thrown out the window. China wouldn't be signing an oil contract with Iran over this, because it literally makes no sense to. Iran would essentially be using oil as a substitute for cash, so your reasoning gets thrown out the window.

As someone with a mathematical economics backgrounds I very much know what I am talking about. I just don’t feel like wasting my effort on a low IQ analysis. Rest assured your analysis is beyond incorrect implying that China is so cash strapped that they need cash instead of oil to “pay workers”.

An no when you sign a barter deal “oil contracts” don’t get thrown out the window. Another incorrect analysis. Contracts are still signed in a barter contract stipulating the terms of agreement in order to be enforceable and provide protection at arbitration to both parties wether the method of payment is oil, Bitcoin, gold, USD is irrelevant. Contracts are almost always signed in international business trade. Literally Econ Law 101

Thus in the contract both parties agree on a price which can either be something as simple as the last month/quarter average price of Iranian crude prices too smooth out vol or a fixed agreed upon price between both parties that can modified if Iranian oil rises or falls outside an agreed upon range (extreme vol scenario).

Again use critical thinking skills.

This is Minnie Chan/SCMP fake news. You're all wasting your time over nothing.

China should do a ToT on the J-11. When Iran makes them, you can't tell the difference between the Iranian flanker, a Russian flanker and a Chinese flanker. Iran can do their own variant, like they do to ADS. Iran needs engine technology, and the Chinese can help steer them in the right direction.

China should do a ToT on the J-11. When Iran makes them, you can't tell the difference between the Iranian flanker, a Russian flanker and a Chinese flanker. Iran can do their own variant, like they do to ADS. Iran needs engine technology, and the Chinese can help steer them in the right direction.

Contrary to public belief, China which steals or acquires technology from others does not like to share technology. They have done so with Pakistan to a limited extent, but beyond that even with the Russians they aren’t keen on sharing their tech.

None of China's improved models based on Russian fighters can be sold.This is a tacit agreement between China and Russia. Fighters fighting the F35 can only look forward to the final version of the FC-31.

Unfortunately Iran has no interest in J-10. The article is completely based on unproven claims of a kid.
When did any of Iranian authorities in defense ministry announced interest in buying J-10 which will add zero technological edge for IRIAF considering the fact that Iranian adverseries are already armed with F-15-16-35?

Mind blowing thread, mods please close this childish thread.

J-10C is more capable than F-15-16 of your adversaries. It always beaten SU-35 in exercise.
Besides, what else alternative do you have for a very capable fighter?

China is well aware of the back stabbing nature of Iran, Be it friends or enemies, They will back stab

As someone with a mathematical economics backgrounds I very much know what I am talking about. I just don’t feel like wasting my effort on a low IQ analysis. Rest assured your analysis is beyond incorrect implying that China is so cash strapped that they need cash instead of oil to “pay workers”.
LoW iQ AnAlYsIs

MaThEmAtIcAl EcOnOmIcS BaCkGrOuNdS

The fact that you'd even say this is indicative of you not knowing what the hell you're talking about. You do not know how economics works. You clearly don't know what forex is used for. If forex was used in the way you're suggesting, China wouldn't need to borrow money.

An no when you sign a barter deal “oil contracts” don’t get thrown out the window. Another incorrect analysis. Contracts are still signed in a barter contract stipulating the terms of agreement in order to be enforceable and provide protection at arbitration to both parties wether the method of payment is oil, Bitcoin, gold, USD is irrelevant. Contracts are almost always signed in international business trade. Literally Econ Law 101
Way to ignore what I said, and straw man me. When you barter, you're essentially signing onto a new deal, as such negotiations must occur in order to set how much oil is worth how many fighter jets (in this case). Older oil contracts don't apply here, because if the oil prices are lower or higher than what the contracts signed set the prices at, then one of parties will almost certainly object to using that as a set standard for the barter, instead wanting to use current international rates.

Thus in the contract both parties agree on a price which can either be something as simple as the last month/quarter average price of Iranian crude prices too smooth out vol or a fixed agreed upon price between both parties that can modified if Iranian oil rises or falls outside an agreed upon range (extreme vol scenario).
And here is where the problem is, which you keep conveniently ignoring. Oil deals use international market prices as a base line to negotiate new deals, with how oil is right now, China would 100% be getting ripped off.

Again use critical thinking skills.
Considering how you're using straw man arguments, and conveniently ignoring vital parts of my argument, its very clear you're the one who needs to use critical thinking skills.

Back
Top Bottom