What's new

China has learned a lot from USAF.

Some corrected,

Confirmed future aircraft (5th and 4.5th generation):
- J-20 (closest counterpart: F-22)
- J-31 (closest counterpart: JSF)
- J-16 (closest counterpart: F-15C/D, bomb truck)
- J-15 (closest counterpart: F/A-18E or F-14)
- J-10B (closest counterpart: JAS-39)

Current aircraft:
- J-11B (closest counterpart: Su-30MKI)
- J-10A (closest counterpart: F-16C)
- JH-7A (closest counterpart: F-111 or F-2)
- J-11A (closest counterpart: Su-27MS)
- Su-27sk (closest counterpart: F-15J, prepare to retire)
- Su-30mkk (closest counterpart: F/A-18E or F-14, most in PLAN Airforce)
- J-8 (closest counterpart: F-4)
- J-7 (closest counterpart: Mig-21)
- Q-5 (closest counterpart: A-4)

Are you speaking in terms of role or capability, or a combination of both?

The J-16 should be comparable with the F-15SG, with AESA radar, RAM, composites, powerful engines, ECM, etc.

The F-15C/D is a legacy air superiority fighter, not a deep penetration striker. The F/A-18E is certainly not comparable to the F-14.

The JAS-39NG would be the closest in between the J-10A and J-10B. The J-10B is markedly heavier than the JAS-39 and sports a larger AESA radar, RAM, engines, composites.

The JH-7A is not comparable to the F-2, which does have a better multirole capability. The Japanese have deployed quite a few of these moderately-advanced fighters.

Su-30MKK is certainly not comparable to the F/A-18E; it does not have the AESA radar, composites, maneuverability, or ECM, needed to take on such an advanced fighter.

Some corrected,

- J-16 (closest counterpart: F-15C/D, bomb truck)
- J-15 (closest counterpart: F/A-18E or F-14)
- J-10B (closest counterpart: JAS-39)

-J-16 (very obviously an F-15E analog).
-J-15 (F-14 since it is tailored mainly air to air missions)
-J-10B (EF-2000 is a good comparison. JAS-39 is too small)

Indians have been obsessed for many years already and judging the posts from your countrymen here on PDF with all their criticism you should know that by now. Ranging from copycats, to non innovative, to pollution to whatever they can think of to troll. Only a couple of you Indians here are reasonable and have some senses (including you ;))

i have to agree that china has some real good think tank be it in economy or geo politics...but i have to admit that i like above highlighted part :P

Here's a comparison of what the PLAAF has inducted and what PLAAF has revealed.

Confirmed future aircraft (5th and 4.5th generation):
- J-20 (closest counterpart: F-22)
- J-31 (closest counterpart: JSF)
- J-16 (closest counterpart: F-15SG)
- J-15 (closest counterpart: F/A-18E)
- J-10B (closest counterpart: EF2000)

Current aircraft:
- J-11B (closest counterpart: Su-30MKI)
- J-10A (closest counterpart: F-16C)
- JH-7A (closest counterpart: F-111)
- J-11A (closest counterpart: Su-27MS)
- Su-27 (closest counterpart: F-14)
- Su-30MKK
- J-8 (closest counterpart: F-14D)
- J-7 (closest counterpart: F-106)
- Q-5 (closest counterpart: A-4)

In essence, the biggest problem right now is not technology; rather, it's numbers and how quickly can China accumulate her combat fleet.

how so????

I suggest chinese members to draw separate analysis,
1.US Navy airwing V/s Chinese air force,assuming US to be the aggressor.
2. Chinese navy future air wing v/s USAF,assuming chinese to be aggressor.

People should not compare PLAAF to USAF. If you compare the two, you are saying theey are an equal organisation. Fact is, USAF is about 6 times larger than the PLAAF.

Current strength of PLAAF is equivent to US Naval Aviation (Including Marine Airwing.) USNA Operate 500 FA-18 E/F Super Hornet and ~280-300 FA-18 Legacy Hornet. Which equivent to 800 + 4/4.5 Gen aircraft.

PLAAF operate about 1000 Fighter aircraft with about 200 J-10, 210 J-11/Su-27, 80 Su-33 Which about 400 4/4.5 Gen aircraft.

USAF currently operate 2000+ fighter/attacker aircraft, including 300+ F-15E, 200+ F-15 Legacy Eagle, 1000+ F-16 Fighting Falcon, 190 F-22 and 35 F-35. In all USAF have 1000+ 4/4.5 gen Fighter, 200+ 5 Gen Fighter

PLAAF looked up to the USAF. But there is a long road ahead for PLAF to become comparable to USAF.

Soon to be pwned by the JSADF's Mitsubishi F-2 and F-15J variant.
Check out the development history of F-2 and why the original number intended to be inducted into Japan self defense Air Force is reduced. The AESA radar Japan make is even inferior to the latest Doppler pulse radar. Cost over run. In fact, Japan shall swallow its pride and go for F-16 block 52 and they will probably save more money and have a more capable strength.

F-15J is another antique that is even inferior to J-11B. Go flight global and goggle its cockpit. It does not even has glass cockpit and the data management is even worst than JF-17. So far only 40 F-15J are update to modern standard and capable of firing AIM-120. An another thing is all Japan fighter jet lack advance air to ground system include precision strike capabilities since their law cabinet institution outlaw them to have any offensive capabilities. So get your facts , right before you make a fool of yourself by claiming superiority of F-2 and F-15J against PLAAF J-10 of J-11B.

Check out the development history of F-2 and why the original number intended to be inducted into Japan self defense Air Force is reduced. The AESA radar Japan make is even inferior to the latest Doppler pulse radar. Cost over run. In fact, Japan shall swallow its pride and go for F-16 block 52 and they will probably save more money and have a more capable strength.

F-15J is another antique that is even inferior to J-11B. Go flight global and goggle its cockpit. It does not even has glass cockpit and the data management is even worst than JF-17. So far only 40 F-15J are update to modern standard and capable of firing AIM-120. An another thing is all Japan fighter jet lack advance air to ground system include precision strike capabilities since their law cabinet institution outlaw them to have any offensive capabilities. So get your facts , right before you make a fool of yourself by claiming superiority of F-2 and F-15J against PLAAF J-10 of J-11B.

Some people mistakenly think that just because Japan is advanced in electronics, that automatically makes them able to make a world-class AESA radar.

Yes, Japan has an advantage over countries like India but it's modern electronics industry will still not allow it to match a country like China in radar technology that has decades of experience in building radars for land, sea and air combat. China is still behind Japan in consumer electronics but more advanced when it comes to military avionics.

Some people mistakenly think that just because Japan is advanced in electronics, that automatically makes them able to make a world-class AESA radar.

Yes, Japan has an advantage over countries like India but it's modern electronics industry will still not allow it to match a country like China in radar technology that has decades of experience in building radars for land, sea and air combat. China is still behind Japan in consumer electronics but more advanced when it comes to military avionics.

I'm not too familiar with aviation per se so I won't comment on that. However, I thought that in terms of electronics, Japan has mostly lost their lead to Taiwan and Korea. I thought that Japan's advantage in that was mostly during the 80's and early 90's. Do they still have a commanding lead in electronics?

I'm not too familiar with aviation per se so I won't comment on that. However, I thought that in terms of electronics, Japan has mostly lost their lead to Taiwan and Korea. I thought that Japan's advantage in that was mostly during the 80's and early 90's. Do they still have a commanding lead in electronics?

Over China yes, maybe not over South Korea and Taiwan.

to be honest every up coming jet/uavs design copied from usa.
Usa claim that 1.7tb data hacked by chinese hacker and stolen. Usa even claim that china got 5th generation tech from these data which include avionic, code,design etc

Rest i dont know how much its correct. But as per usa prediction design are getting copied.

Usa claim that 1.7tb data hacked by chinese hacker and stolen. Usa even claim that china got 5th generation tech from these data which include avionic, code,design etc

Rest i dont know how much its correct. But as per usa prediction design are getting copied.

Please learn the difference between "copying" and "having a similar design because all jets work that way". Especially when there's not one shred of evidence for "copying".

People should not compare PLAAF to USAF. If you compare the two, you are saying theey are an equal organisation. Fact is, USAF is about 6 times larger than the PLAAF.

Current strength of PLAAF is equivent to US Naval Aviation (Including Marine Airwing.) USNA Operate 500 FA-18 E/F Super Hornet and ~280-300 FA-18 Legacy Hornet. Which equivent to 800 + 4/4.5 Gen aircraft.

PLAAF operate about 1000 Fighter aircraft with about 200 J-10, 210 J-11/Su-27, 80 Su-33 Which about 400 4/4.5 Gen aircraft.

USAF currently operate 2000+ fighter/attacker aircraft, including 300+ F-15E, 200+ F-15 Legacy Eagle, 1000+ F-16 Fighting Falcon, 190 F-22 and 35 F-35. In all USAF have 1000+ 4/4.5 gen Fighter, 200+ 5 Gen Fighter

PLAAF looked up to the USAF. But there is a long road ahead for PLAF to become comparable to USAF.

China does not operate Su-33 and you forgot about the 4.5 generation J-16, J-11B, J-15, J-10B about to enter service. The main gap between PLAAF and USAF is not technology, but rather quantity, training, and overseas reach.

Soon to be pwned by the JSADF's Mitsubishi F-2 and F-15J variant.

F-2 and F-15J are at best comparable to the JF-17 Block I and Su-27SK, respectively. Their ability to defend Japan is a joke.

Please learn the difference between "copying" and "having a similar design because all jets work that way". Especially when there's not one shred of evidence for "copying".

China does not operate Su-33 and you forgot about the 4.5 generation J-16, J-11B, J-15, J-10B about to enter service. The main gap between PLAAF and USAF is not technology, but rather quantity, training, and overseas reach.

F-2 and F-15J are at best comparable to the JF-17 Block I and Su-27SK, respectively. Their ability to defend Japan is a joke.

I did not count them because THEY WERE NOT ENTERED SERVICES

Same thing when i counted only F-15, F-16 and only 35 but not 2400 F-35 when they are ABOUT to enter service.

And sorry about the SU-33, i was going to say Su-30MKK

WOW! So easy to hack and just stole and can make a plane? This kind of news is only for layman to absorb. If its so easy to stolen and copy. Every countries like Somalia or Afganistan shall be making UAV and 5th gen fighter?

So easy to hack and stolen, then China shall be already has a US equivalent F119 engine in service mass equip our airforce? Or u probably later want to twist your story suddenly US engine data is unhackable to suit your fantasy story?

Mr Indian, get a life. You all are simply jealous of China military success for able to design and make a 5th gen fighter like J-20 ,J-31 and advance UAV? Your ego gets hurt and the only way to smoothen and heal your inferiority is to smear other success as stolen and copy? Ya, J-20 is stolen design, just get a F-22 design and twisting abit to make it canard design and the plane can work? HAHAHa... So Indian shall also be making a 5th gen and have a decent flying prototype by now? Is it? Very Sorry, NO..

Anybody with aeronautic knowleadge, you can't just stole and think you can make a advance plane without basic neccessity and infrastruture start up , investment and knowleadge.. Do you know why when Indian need to test a small small engine like Kaveri and even needs mother Russian facilities to help you get the testing done?

Ever since 2000, China needs nothing from Russian/foreign help to get any aeronautic related testing done, this more or less show the infrastruture and technology level we have for our aeronautic related field.

I did not count them because THEY WERE NOT ENTERED SERVICES

Same thing when i counted only F-15, F-16 and only 35 but not 2400 F-35 when they are ABOUT to enter service.

And sorry about the SU-33, i was going to say Su-30MKK

WOW? 2400 F-35 able to enter service? When? If I use your theory, I can count in 500 J-20 able to enter service in PLAAF.. So much for your biased explanation.

Back
Top Bottom