What's new

China has delivered HJ-12E Red Arrow 12 anti-tank missile weapon to foreign customer

Kornet have way farther range but are very heavy, and would probably be useless against T-90s which would be unlikely to penetrate a platform made by the same country. How about Pak gets licensed production of Ukrainian, or Belarusian Kornet equivalents with full TOT?

PA was final stages of testing Mizrek-O FnF ATGM from Turkey what happened to that??

If it pass PA parameters then should be inducted with ToT as it will give new capability to PA ATGM force, also Mizrek-U should be tested for air and ground launched platforms.
Not sure of Turkey's production capacity able to match China's in all honesty. I also don't know how much TOT Turkey will actually give compared to China. Pakistan needs HJ-12 for infantry, but this or other systems could work for vehicle, and air launched.

Not sure of Turkey's production capacity able to match China's in all honesty. I also don't know how much TOT Turkey will actually give compared to China. Pakistan needs HJ-12 for infantry, but this or other systems could work for vehicle, and air launched.

Very, very heavy compared to HJ-12.

Missile weight 24 kg
Missile weight (with launch tube) 35 kg

HJ-12

CLU weight 6.5 kg
Missile weight 13 kg

M8, I'm talking a man portable weapon, which soldier can carry a 35kg missile around?

Last edited:
This is multipurpose missile capable of dealing ground and air threats, does any other similar system exist??

Very, very heavy compared to HJ-12.

Missile weight 24 kg
Missile weight (with launch tube) 35 kg

HJ-12

CLU weight 6.5 kg
Missile weight 13 kg

M8, I'm talking a man portable weapon, which soldier can carry a 35kg missile around?

Its not truly infantry system while HJ-12 is mainly for foot soldiers and both have different capability too.

This is multipurpose missile capable of dealing ground and air threats, does any other similar system exist??

Its not truly infantry system while HJ-12 is mainly for foot soldiers and both have different capability too.
I honestly think that Ukraine would give Pakistan huge TOT for their Kornet equivalent missile that can be mounted on all vehicles, and get TOT from China for the HJ-12 for infantry use. Mizrak will be more expensive to mass produce, and infrared guidance may malfunction in very hot temperatures.

No need, MANPADS work just fine for those needs.

Kornet have way farther range but are very heavy, and would probably be useless against T-90s which would be unlikely to penetrate a platform made by the same country. How about Pak gets licensed production of Ukrainian, or Belarusian Kornet equivalents with full TOT?
MI-35s and Viper prototype fielded russian atgms.
Basically mechanised & mobile infantry.

For such modern systems, no one easily gives TOT. Don't think the HJ 12 or the Omtas - Karaok is the same as other laser guided atgms

Back
Top Bottom