What's new

China has delivered HJ-12E Red Arrow 12 anti-tank missile weapon to foreign customer

Pakistan has bought this, but not for war on LOC, but on international border for Lahore, Bahawalpur and Multan Corps to combat larger number of Indian tanks. They have twice the number of our tanks, and better quality on average. China is preparing for war for Arunachal Pradesh, and so is Pakistan for Kashmir in a decade, at this rate. 1962 will be repeated.
India bought Israeli Spike ATGMs for use on LoC.

Any clue as to how many HJ-12E sets were purchased?

India bought Israeli Spike ATGMs for use on LoC.

Any clue as to how many HJ-12E sets were purchased?

321 launchers, 8,356 missiles, 15 training simulators, and peripheral equipment.

What people forget is that tanks are not that mobile compared to mechanized vehicles. The bulk of our army is along the chicken neck, the Lahore Corps, the Gujranwala Corps, Mangla Corps, and the Rawalpindi Corps. Anyone here who has travelled from Lahore to Rawalpindi via GT Road knows how it will be a graveyard of Indian tanks if they come through this route to Islamabad in an all out war. ATGMs and mines will destroy hundreds of tanks here. Tanks are the products of a bygone age. UCAVs and ATGMs can hold of the entire bulk of India's tanks while our tanks come up and destroy them from behind or flank them. Tanks are also camouflaged and hidden within secure buildings to act as a guard turret with a clear line of sight of hostile tanks.

Pakistan cannot be invaded. Azad Kashmir can never be invaded. IOK can, but with Chinese help.

Pakistan has bought this, but not for war on LOC, but on international border for Lahore, Bahawalpur and Multan Corps to combat larger number of Indian tanks. They have twice the number of our tanks, and better quality on average. China is preparing for war for Arunachal Pradesh, and so is Pakistan for Kashmir in a decade, at this rate. 1962 will be repeated.

321 launchers, 8,356 missiles, 15 training simulators, and peripheral equipment

@PAR 5

They're for hitting positions such as bunkers, buildings and any army vehicles etc - yes even tanks, if need arises.

"The HJ-12E Red Arrow 12 is a portable, fire-and-forget anti-tank missile capable of hitting tanks, bunkers, ships and helicopters, with a penetration capability of 1,100 millimeters — in other words, it’s not the kind of weapon you want to go up against.

Domestically produced in China, it is often compared to the GFM-148 Javelin missile used by the US military.

The HJ-12 enables soldiers to lock on target, fire and then move on without maintaining position to guide the missile to its target, providing tactical advantages.

Sources say the missile is capable of destroying even the most advanced tanks in the world — perhaps one of the reasons the US Marines are scrapping their tank divisions."
Its range as compared to Spike which India Got??? What about Kornet E, Bhaktar Shikans and TOW ATGMs? Are they not useful

321 launchers, 8,356 missiles, 15 training simulators, and peripheral equipment.
@Gryphon @Dazzler @HRK @Signalian @Basel

IOK can, but with Chinese help.
What about Jammu?

Its range as compared to Spike which India Got??? What about Kornet E, Bhaktar Shikans and TOW ATGMs? Are they not useful
Spike MR in India: 2.5km
HJ-12E Red Arrow 12: 2-4km

Both are fire-and-forget. Kornet E, Bhaktar Shikans and TOW ATGMs are not, except for Kornet EM.

6r6wVOB.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey recently showed its UAV can smash tanks from the air

but then Syrian air defences are nothing

ATGM are good for urban warfare and guerrilla warfare like Hezbollah in 2006

Saddam made a complete fool of himself by sending tanks out in open desert with no air cover

2 countries with similar capability the tank on tank is the simple answer

the best way to fight a tank is another tank

period

This ATGM has most likely been ordered by Pakistan. It's very similar in performance to Israeli Spike ATGMs that India recently bought with urgency to use at LoC. PA must have need for them at the LoC too.

Why use HJ-12 when HJ-8 and TOW ATGM are doing good job on LOC?? HJ-12 can be used at LOC but it will be overkill as this system is more needed to tackle expanding Indian armor capabilities.

India is not deploying Spike for tanks. Its deploying to hit bunkers and hardened sites at a long distance. They have been hit hard by our snipers.

Why we need HJ-12 for LOC?? When we are using 4000m HJ-8 & TOW ATGMs with good effect against enemy.

HJ-12 is good weapon for offensive maneuver on LOC as at night its range is 2000m max which will put soldiers in harms way in most conditions if HJ-12 is used in defensive static position.

Still its good purchase for infantry as it will add good punch in their fighting capability.

Why use HJ-12 when HJ-8 and TOW ATGM are doing good job on LOC?? HJ-12 can be used at LOC but it will be overkill as this system is more needed to tackle expanding Indian armor capabilities.

Well PA must have a requirement for them to order it, after all, PA is a modern army. HJ-12 has the great advantage of portability and even more advanced capability that allows the personnel to shoot-and-scoot at anything thanks to its fire-and-forget feature. I presume the missile also has top-attack ability.

Interestingly, the same video later shows tank's defensive system against ATGMs...

Portability of HJ-12..

Well PA must have a requirement for them to order it, after all, PA is a modern army. HJ-12 has the great advantage of portability and even more advanced capability that allows the personnel to shoot-and-scoot at anything thanks to its fire-and-forget feature. I presume the missile also has top-attack ability.

Interestingly, the same video later shows tank's defensive system against ATGMs...

Portability of HJ-12..

You have not read my post till end,.

Also Mizrek-O was also expected to be purchased from Turkey it will be great on any battlefield as it can be launched from behind obstacles and can hit target behind obstacles and has fnf capacity.

You have not read my post till end,.
Ah my bad. Yes, there's pros and cons of all these systems and I think PA must've felt there was need for HJ-12 too.

Have you seen the CM-501/502KG missiles? Very interesting LR-ATGM missiles too.

Also Mizrek-O was also expected to be purchased from Turkey it will be great on any battlefield as it can be launched from behind obstacles and can hit target behind obstacles and has fnf capacity.
Interesting. I'll look into it. :-)

Ah my bad. Yes, there's pros and cons of all these systems and I think PA must've felt there was need for HJ-12 too.

Have you seen the CM-501/502KG missiles? Very interesting LR-ATGM missiles too.

Interesting. I'll look into it. :-)

What PA need is a NLOS multipurpose missile with max range of 50km, in NCW environment it will be very deadly against Indian formations.

I think it may have been the UAE, or an Arab country at the minimum.

What PA need is a NLOS multipurpose missile with max range of 50km, in NCW environment it will be very deadly against Indian formations.
Nah, guided artillery with smart targeting systems that drop from the air and eliminate tanks. It needs to be able to be launched from portable MLRS, and artillery.

Mounted on trucks, small armored vehicles, individual tubes that can be launched with precision guidance, and yet hidden very easily.

bm_21mt.jpg

chinese-107mm-rocket-launcher-single-tube.jpg

1. Launches out of projectile with submunitions

1920px-Smart155_phase1.svg.png

2. Detaches mid flight and falls to earth.
1920px-Smart155_phase3.svg.png

3.Deploys parachute and guidance activates actively scanning for infrared targets.

1920px-Smart155_phase5.svg.png

4.KEP fires at target and destroys it.

800px-Smart155_phase6.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom