What's new

China flexes muscle in Indian Ocean, Navy concerned

We need to take back Andaman & Nicobar Islands. South Asia Ocean will be free from Indian presence.

hong wu the restless warrior(internet)... you are welcome to Indian Ocean Region.... :omghaha:hong wu hong wu:china::omghaha::omghaha:

what about these ones?are they nuclear too?

chinasubsound.jpg

so the chinese sub got big mouth too...

hong wu the restless warrior(internet)... you are welcome to Indian Ocean Region.... :omghaha:hong wu hong wu:china::omghaha::omghaha:

so the chinese sub got big mouth too...

You don't seriously believe these figures do you?

No way they could know what the actual noise level of the Type-095 SSN would be as it had not even be launched!

My guess would be type-095SSN would be in-between improved Los Angeles class and the Virginia class in noise level. It may be an improved Type-093 SSN rather than a completely new design.

Anyway, it would still be able to sink Indian Navy ships with virtual impunity

You don't seriously believe these figures do you?

No way they could know what the actual noise level of the Type-095 SSN would be as it had not even be launched!

My guess would be type-095SSN would be in-between improved Los Angeles class and the Virginia class in noise level. It may be an improved Type-093 SSN rather than a completely new design.

Anyway, it would still be able to sink Indian Navy ships with virtual impunity

you are talking about Virginia class here lol.... @jhungary: what about your opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:
you are talking about Virginia class here lol.... @Jhuangry: what about your opinion...

I said in-between improved Los Angeles class and the Virginia class.

Please read before commenting next time.

I said in-between improved Los Angeles class and the Virginia class.

Please read before commenting next time.

first of all, do you know what you are talking about??? how many type 95s built?

these subs are no where near to Virginia or la..

first of all, do you know what you are talking about??? how many type 95s built?

these subs are no where near to Virginia or la..

LOL. More than you mate it seems.:lol:

LA sub was first launched in early 70s and Virigina is no better than Seawolf that has been service since 1997.

Do some research before embarassing yourself.

LOL. More than you mate it seems.:lol:

LA sub was first launched in early 70s and Virigina is no better than Seawolf that has been service since 1997.

Do some research before embarassing yourself.

You are embarassing your self... china is no where near to US in Tech... by your logic... USN do have Nimitz class ACC since 1975 is china able to build any ACC comparable to Nimitz? :omghaha: omg cheerleader...

You are embarassing your self... china is no where near to US in Tech... by your logic... USN do have Nimitz class ACC since 1975 is china able to build any ACC comparable to Nimitz? :omghaha: omg cheerleader...

You are really dumb mate.

China has no experience at all in building aircraft carriers so it is not the same thing.

In contrast China has been building diesel electric submarines for 5 decades and nuclear submarines for 3 decades now.

See the difference or do you need me to make it simpler for you?

You are really dumb mate.

China has no experience at all in building aircraft carriers so it is not the same thing.

In contrast China has been building diesel electric submarines for 5 decades and nuclear submarines for 3 decades now.

See the difference or do you need me to make it simpler for you?

Indians are clueless. That's why they can't make a single weapon by themselves. Useless bums.

Chinese sub's appearance surprises US battle group - Taipei Times

Chinese sub's appearance surprises US battle group

A Chinese submarine stalked a US Navy aircraft carrier battle group in the Pacific last month and was undetected until it surfaced within firing range, the Washington Times reported yesterday.
The Chinese Song-class diesel-powered attack submarine was seen within 8km of the carrier USS Kitty Hawk and its accompanying warships on Oct. 26, the newspaper said, citing defense officials.
The surfaced submarine was spotted by a routine surveillance flight by one of the US carrier group's planes, the report said.
The newspaper said the encounter near Okinawa highlighted China's continuing efforts to prepare for a possible future conflict with the US despite the Bush administration's efforts to try to boost relations with the Chinese military.
The submarine encounter with the Kitty Hawk battle group is also an embarrassment to the commander of US forces in the Pacific, Admiral William Fallon, who is engaged in an ambitious military exchange program with China, the report said.
A US Navy spokeswoman in Washington had no comment on the newspaper's report.
Disclosure of the surprise encounter comes as the commander of the US Navy's Pacific Fleet, Admiral Gary Roughead, was making his first visit to China, which began over the weekend, the paper said.
The four-star admiral was scheduled to meet senior Chinese military leaders during the week-long visit, the paper said.
Roughead said yesterday that he was seeking to understand the intent of China's naval build-up, which includes a growing submarine fleet and new ships with "blue water" capability.
"When asked if the PLA [People's Liberation Army] navy is a threat, I've been on the record as saying no," Roughead told reporters when asked if China's build-up posed a threat to the US presence in the region or to Taiwan.
"But I really would like to know what the intent is in some of the developments that I see in the PLA navy," he said.
"Clearly the growth in the capacity and capability of the navy since I've first been exposed to it in the [19]90s, the ability to go into the blue water, is very, very clear," he said.

I hope the IN has better sub detection, and the navy personnel are disciplined.

The only scary thing in this article is that USS kitty Hawk was retired back in 2009........Well, if this news is true as of today, then either that mean the Chinese Sub gone all the way to Washington Naval Yard without being Detected. Or somehow the Chinese successfully tow the Kitty Hawk out of Mothball and stalk it in the Pacific Ocean.

Either way it is very scary lol :lol:

P.S. If you had not feel my sarcasm, you should realise that the article this guy posted is written back in 2006......

you are talking about Virginia class here lol.... @jhungary: what about your opinion...

It's really no point talking about Chinese Sub, as they have no western comparable source, they had not been in any training exercise as with the Rest of the world does.

That did remind me of an article, there were once a Gotland Sub from the Swedish Navy snap a few picture of the Ronald Reagan and successfully "sinks" her.

But all in all, until there are some sort of Exercise done with the China and a creditable Western Source, I will neither believe or disbelieve the capability of the Chinese Subs

By the way, we are retiring our Los Angeles class anyway.

We have lot of Islands all around IOR and Choke points and latest additions like P-8i, Sukhoi-30MKI armed with Brahmos will make mince meat of Chinese subs.

This is India's Ocean and nothing can change that, accept it, you can continue with your relations your daddy China, we have no problem with that.

For us China is just another opponent doing nonsense in our Back yard.

how large an area can one P-8i cover? How many of this have you ordered?

I'd bet a fair amount that you're oriental in appearance. I know most white Canadians don`t like America, but even the most marxist, anti-tory of them don`t exactly love China. never seen a sentence of even constructive criticism of Chinese policy from you on any East asian, Uyghur, tibetan, etc issue. only sarastic comments aimed at members on the opposing side.

but hey at least you went one step further than just the name and both flags of some closet chinese members here. you cropped a photo with ricky tomlinson. dont tell me you watch the royle family sitting in canada :lol: very subtle, nice try buddy.

Meet this Canadian 大山 Da Shan ...and some more!

Img258695073.jpg

480x480_1.jpg

The only scary thing in this article is that USS kitty Hawk was retired back in 2009........Well, if this news is true as of today, then either that mean the Chinese Sub gone all the way to Washington Naval Yard without being Detected. Or somehow the Chinese successfully tow the Kitty Hawk out of Mothball and stalk it in the Pacific Ocean.

Either way it is very scary lol :lol:

P.S. If you had not feel my sarcasm, you should realise that the article this guy posted is written back in 2006......

It's really no point talking about Chinese Sub, as they have no western comparable source, they had not been in any training exercise as with the Rest of the world does.

That did remind me of an article, there were once a Gotland Sub from the Swedish Navy snap a few picture of the Ronald Reagan and successfully "sinks" her.

But all in all, until there are some sort of Exercise done with the China and a creditable Western Source, I will neither believe or disbelieve the capability of the Chinese Subs

By the way, we are retiring our Los Angeles class anyway.

Its a known fact that subs will always detect the surface ship than the other way around. Back in the 90s, a friend of mine was serving in a LA class sub. They would have to make noises but the sub hunters still can't find them. In a real war between major countries, don't count on surface ships to survive for too long against subs. Even an old kilo from the 80s would be difficult for the surface ships to detect.

Its a known fact that subs will always detect the surface ship than the other way around. Back in the 90s, a friend of mine was serving in a LA class sub. They would have to make noises but the sub hunters still can't find them. In a real war between major countries, don't count on surface ships to survive for too long against subs. Even an old kilo from the 80s would be difficult for the surface ships to detect.

Actually, you are very optimistic on how Submarine work.

One of my cousin was a STG 2nd Class in the Navy, he tell me that he can track any underwater target on his station running everyday, and tell exactly what is underneath them.

There is also a tactic to let your enemy believe you cannot hear them. So that they can stalk your sub back to your pack.

If we are at war tomorrow, both our sub and enemy sub can't do much, except doing forward recce

Back
Top Bottom