What's new

China flexes muscle in Indian Ocean, Navy concerned

hey calm down, what happened with you today? There is a portion called Bay of Bengal too, we have relation with all parties, China, USA , Russia etc :whistle:

None hold naval presence in Bay Bengal as much as India does.

We have lot of Islands all around IOR and Choke points and latest additions like P-8i, Sukhoi-30MKI armed with Brahmos will make mince meat of Chinese subs.

This is India's Ocean and nothing can change that, accept it, you can continue with your relations your daddy China, we have no problem with that.

For us China is just another opponent doing nonsense in our Back yard.

Silly, we all know that Indian Ocean, like all Oceans on earth, are America's Ocean. No ships can sail in any ocean without America's permission.

^^ now thats scary..

not really

349.jpg

and where do our subs stand in this? close to russia i guess..

closer to UK i imagine. considering the french scorpene subs being built in mumbai

what matters is that IN anti sub warfare is practiced on indian subs which are much quieter. so if they have to go against PLAN subs, i wouldnt be too worried

closer to UK i imagine. considering the french scorpene subs being built in mumbai

what matters is that IN anti sub warfare is practiced on indian subs which are much quieter. so if they have to go against PLAN subs, i wouldnt be too worried

The subs in the diagram above are nuclear subs. Scorpene subs are diesel electric. Diesel electric ones are usually more quiet. But they are basically only for coastal defense.

The Chinese sub popped up on the US carrier group is a diesel electric sub, its not in the diagram above.

The subs in the diagram above are nuclear subs. Scorpene subs are diesel electric. Diesel electric ones are usually more quiet. But they are basically only for coastal defense.

The Chinese sub popped up on the US carrier group is a diesel electric sub, its not in the diagram above.

what about these ones?are they nuclear too?

chinasubsound.jpg

what about these ones?are they nuclear too?

chinasubsound.jpg

They are all nuclear. It has no records of conventional diesel electric sub noise level as they are more difficult to acquire the signature, especially they are power by electricity. But the diesel electric subs cannot travel too far as they need to surface and refuel. And they are vulnerable at that time.

We need to take back Andaman & Nicobar Islands. South Asia Ocean will be free from Indian presence.

They are all nuclear. It has no records of conventional diesel electric sub noise level as they are more difficult to acquire the signature, especially they are power by electricity. But the diesel electric subs cannot travel too far as they need to surface and refuel. And they are vulnerable at that time.

Actually, diesel electric work relatively quietly when they are on electric. This would mean, they are extremely slow and are already present in the area of intersection. When they are on diesel, they would make noise. Correct me if I am wrong.

Besides the fact, that, to patrol an area of the size of the IOR you would need at-least 3 nuclear subs for a single defined area of ops, wheras the same will need to be done with more inthe case of diesel ones.

We need to take back Andaman & Nicobar Islands. South Asia Ocean will be free from Indian presence.

shoooo....go and fight the island next to your mainland which has been over run by the japanese.

China flexes muscle in Indian Ocean, Navy concerned - The Times of India

Integrated Defence Staff HQ has informed the government that 22 encounters of Chinese submarines have taken place outside its territorial waters in the IOR.

NEW DELHI: Increasing presence of the Chinese maritime forces in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) and disciplinary issues in the force are expected to be discussed by the top Navy brass in their commanders' conference starting on Tuesday.

The Navy has been concerned over the increasing presence of Chinese navy's submarines and other warships in the IOR. In a recent report submitted to the defence ministry, the Integrated Defence Staff headquarters had informed the government quoting the data by American agencies that 22 encounters of Chinese submarines have taken place outside its territorial waters in the IOR.

China has also been successful in establishing its presence in ports around India including Chittagong in Bangladesh, Sittwe and Coco Island in Myanmar, Hambantota in Sri Lanka and Gwadar in Pakistan, which gives it capability to stay close to Indian waters from all sides in a move known as " string of pearls".

In the conference to be inaugurated by defence minister AK Antony, the Navy will also discuss cases of indiscipline faced by the force.

In recent times, several Navy officers have faced allegations of wife swapping and stealing the affection of brother officer's wife.

One senior officer posted on-board prestigious INS Virat aircraft carrier was dismissed by the force for sending lewd messages to several women using multiple SIM cards and mobile phones.

The top brass of the force is also expected to discuss the delay in the induction of the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, which is being retrofitted in Russia and has been delayed due to mishaps in its boiler.

TOIlet news ..I am sure you dont believe their news...right :azn:

I'm sure it has them worried. China has exploited all the blunders in india's foreign policy towards its smaller neighbours for decades. Rightly so I say, it's well deserved. The more you take for granted the rest of South Asia, the less room you leave for cooperation. Naturally we'd all want any external power to balance out India's mischiefs. Since the Cold War ended, only China has pushed its interests here so theyre a natural partner in this regard.

^^^

That's the mentality of the Indian, isn't it?
Since it has been discussed many times, the problems/concerns will go away automatically.

I'd bet a fair amount that you're oriental in appearance. I know most white Canadians don`t like America, but even the most marxist, anti-tory of them don`t exactly love China. never seen a sentence of even constructive criticism of Chinese policy from you on any East asian, Uyghur, tibetan, etc issue. only sarastic comments aimed at members on the opposing side.

but hey at least you went one step further than just the name and both flags of some closet chinese members here. you cropped a photo with ricky tomlinson. dont tell me you watch the royle family sitting in canada :lol: very subtle, nice try buddy.

Back
Top Bottom