What's new

China Expressways, Highways: News & Discussions

continued on Longjiang Bridge and Tengchong County

Beautiful Tengchong County, another reason for me to travel in Yunnan Province for the 5th time
Ancient town, amazing food, spring, volcano, wetland, WWII history, minority culture, etc, all in One County

Let's go base jumping!

Tengchong County
The new spotlight of China's booming tourism

Downtown
u89385579_13d0176a932g86.jpg
u89385579_13d0176c5deg2.jpg

Volcano
u89385579_13ca472c796g2.jpg
7097d60dh7be102b30490&690.jpeg

Wetland
u89385579_13cc1ace7b2g86.jpg

Farmland
6598075819797667609.jpg

Mountains
6597634915635027301.jpg

to be continued

Last edited:
continued on Tengchong County

In memory of Chinese Expeditionary Force (Burma)
Less we forget 200,000 Chinese
soldiers who sacrificed their life during the Burma Campaign against Japan

Museum and mausoleum in Tengchong County
u89385579_13cf04d1a8ag85.jpg

u89385579_13cf04d29d9g86.jpg
u89385579_13cf04d214cg85.jpg
u89385579_13cf04d1572g85.jpg
u89385579_13cf04d2ddeg86.jpg

Spring
u89385579_13cad945c15g85.jpg
u89385579_13cce42a1e8g85.jpg

Ancient village
u89385579_13cddc387efg2.jpg

Tengchong County, with the opening of the new expressway and the inauguration of Shanghai-Kunming HSR in December, will become a second Lijiang in Yunnan Province. Get prepared to the unstoppable influx of investment and tourists!

基建狂魔
Finally, these isolated counties with uncountable natural and cultural recourses can welcome tourists across the nation!

That's an engineering marvel to be honest.
Plus that last photo make you feels like you really will be driving among the clouds.
Welcome to China's Southwest, home to the majority of world's high bridges!

Last edited:
As always chinese dream big and construct big things !

Beautiful China !

This video is the first detailed aerial view of Longjiang bridge
including upstream and downstream, the waterfall below the bridge and the abandoned Yunnan-Burma road

(for previous videos see #27 on page 2 & #138 on page 10)

Longjiang Bridge on S10 Baoshan-Tengchong Provincial Expressway
Bridging the distance between China and Burma

这是首次对云南龙江大桥的详细航拍,包括远景、上空、桥底、引桥、上下游等。注意看桥头处下方有一不小瀑布,可惜桥上看不见,以后或许可以开发。接近结尾处能看到上游旧公路桥,那桥不远处是旧滇缅公路铁索桥,已废弃。旧滇缅公路是盘旋到沟底再上坡的,通往缅甸密支那。龙江大桥远景能看出显著的云南特色:峡谷宽而不深,和贵州、两湖西部的陡峭峡谷形成鲜明对比。正因为这种地形,龙江大桥主跨达1296米,桥面高仅有290米

Longjiang Bridge 龙江大桥
(literally Dragon River Bridge)
Wuhexiang, Yunnan, China
958 feet high / 292 meters high
3,924 foot span / 1,196 meter span
total length 2470m
View attachment 321973

http://www.highestbridges.com/wiki/index.php?title=Longjiang_Bridge
(source of photos and description_

The Longjiang River is the largest obstacle along the S10 Baoteng spur expressway that branches off from the G56 to the city of Tengchong in western Yunnan Province. To get across the 300 meter deep river gorge, the engineers have designed the longest span high bridge on earth with a tower to tower distance of 3,924 feet (1,196 meters) - nearly as long as the Golden Gate Bridge. Longjiang surpassed the distance of both Aizhai and Balinghe Bridges which previously held the long span record honors among the world's highest bridges.

The Longjiang crossing is also unique among China's big mountain suspension bridges with a thin steel box girder deck that breaks away from the traditional truss deck used on earlier bridges like Siduhe, Balinghe, Lishuihe and Aizhai. Yunnan's Puli Bridge also has a steel box deck. The tallest tower on Longjiang Bridge measures 167 meters in height.

View attachment 321972

@Kiss_of_the_Dragon @LTE-TDD @simple Brain @Śakra @PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Bussard Ramjet @PaklovesTurkiye @litefire @Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @Godman @terranMarine @Jguo @ahojunk @Gufi @waz @yusheng @hirobo2 @long_ @Three_Kingdoms @faithfulguy @TaiShang @oprih @Nadhem Of Ibelin @Stranagor @Mista @CAPRICORN-88 @Ankit Kumar 002 @itachii @Srinivas @ahojunk @Jlaw et al

View attachment 321975View attachment 321977View attachment 321976View attachment 321979View attachment 321978

基建狂魔

Man this is simply astonishing, you know in my free time I always try to check out the recent roads, Railways or upcoming projects development in China. I couldn't find much on YouTube don't know literally why? But whatever I watch it amuses me a lot. China is shaping herself in a completely positive way. There is this video on YouTube which mentions the upcoming and ongoing projects in China and I watched it like 3 times. I wish I could find more to familiarize myself with more of a creative work that is going on in China.

This video is the first detailed aerial view of Longjiang bridge
including upstream and downstream, the waterfall below the bridge and the abandoned Yunnan-Burma road

(for previous videos see #27 on page 2 & #138 on page 10)

Longjiang Bridge on S10 Baoshan-Tengchong Provincial Expressway
Bridging the distance between China and Burma

这是首次对云南龙江大桥的详细航拍,包括远景、上空、桥底、引桥、上下游等。注意看桥头处下方有一不小瀑布,可惜桥上看不见,以后或许可以开发。接近结尾处能看到上游旧公路桥,那桥不远处是旧滇缅公路铁索桥,已废弃。旧滇缅公路是盘旋到沟底再上坡的,通往缅甸密支那。龙江大桥远景能看出显著的云南特色:峡谷宽而不深,和贵州、两湖西部的陡峭峡谷形成鲜明对比。正因为这种地形,龙江大桥主跨达1296米,桥面高仅有290米

Longjiang Bridge 龙江大桥
(literally Dragon River Bridge)
Wuhexiang, Yunnan, China
958 feet high / 292 meters high
3,924 foot span / 1,196 meter span
total length 2470m
View attachment 321973

http://www.highestbridges.com/wiki/index.php?title=Longjiang_Bridge
(source of photos and description_

The Longjiang River is the largest obstacle along the S10 Baoteng spur expressway that branches off from the G56 to the city of Tengchong in western Yunnan Province. To get across the 300 meter deep river gorge, the engineers have designed the longest span high bridge on earth with a tower to tower distance of 3,924 feet (1,196 meters) - nearly as long as the Golden Gate Bridge. Longjiang surpassed the distance of both Aizhai and Balinghe Bridges which previously held the long span record honors among the world's highest bridges.

The Longjiang crossing is also unique among China's big mountain suspension bridges with a thin steel box girder deck that breaks away from the traditional truss deck used on earlier bridges like Siduhe, Balinghe, Lishuihe and Aizhai. Yunnan's Puli Bridge also has a steel box deck. The tallest tower on Longjiang Bridge measures 167 meters in height.

View attachment 321972

@Kiss_of_the_Dragon @LTE-TDD @simple Brain @Śakra @PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Bussard Ramjet @PaklovesTurkiye @litefire @Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @Godman @terranMarine @Jguo @ahojunk @Gufi @waz @yusheng @hirobo2 @long_ @Three_Kingdoms @faithfulguy @TaiShang @oprih @Nadhem Of Ibelin @Stranagor @Mista @CAPRICORN-88 @Ankit Kumar 002 @itachii @Srinivas @ahojunk @Jlaw et al

View attachment 321975View attachment 321977View attachment 321976View attachment 321979View attachment 321978

Now thats what you call a freaking architectural wonder !! Amazing

A new high bridge capital in the making: Xingyi City
Capital of Southwest Guizhou Autonomous Prefecture of Miao & Buyi
Guizhou Province, Southwest China

Scenery of Xingyi City

An adventurous destination for outdoor activities
Video description: This video is mostly about scenery in Xingyi City and around regions. From 2:42 to 3:11 Malinghe gorge with the Malinghe old arch can be seen. The old arch is 143m high with a span of 100m. There are still many larger high bridges under construction in Malinghe River Gorge ,east of downtown Xingyi. This section of Malinghe river will become a high bridge area of the highest density in the world, characterised by 7 high bridges within 10km, 5 of them higher than 200m.

Xingyi City
Location: At the border of 3 provinces (Guizhou, Yunnan and Guangxi)
Population: 0.84 million.
Minorities: 20.86%
Urbanisation: 53.2%
GDP per capita: 40267 yuan ($6100) (2015)
Administration: 8 subdistricts and 22 towns/townships

2map.jpg
1map.jpg

Transport of Xingyi City
Expressway:
G78 Shantou-Kunming, S65 Qinglong-Xingyi, S50 Huishui-Xingyi
Expressway under construction: Panshui-Xingyi, Qujin-Xingyi
National highway: G324, G246
Airport: services to 11 cities
Railway: Nanning-Kunming Railway
Railway under construction or planned: Guiyang-Xingyi High-speed Railway (250km/h), Xingyi-Ganzhou rapid railway(200km/h)
Metro: 5 tram lines, Line 1 to open in 2018

Downtown Xingyi
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

@Kiss_of_the_Dragon @LTE-TDD @simple Brain @Śakra @PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Bussard Ramjet @PaklovesTurkiye @litefire @Local_Legend @Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @Godman @terranMarine @Jguo @ahojunk @Gufi @waz @yusheng @hirobo2 @long_ @Three_Kingdoms @faithfulguy @TaiShang @oprih @Nadhem Of Ibelin @Stranagor @Mista @CAPRICORN-88 @Ankit Kumar 002 @itachii @Srinivas @ahojunk @Jlaw @Echo_419 @Sinopakfriend @Rasengan @Spectre @AViet @Arryn @Nan Yang @kuge @70U63 et al

Last edited:
continued on Xingyi City

Tourism in Xingyi City: an emerging and promisng industry

Comprehensive tourist income in 2015: 10.3 billion yuan ($1.6 billion), 24.1% up

Promoting tourism in mountainous Southwest China
by prioritising infrastructure projects

Visitors attend an exhibition held during the 1st International Mountain Tourism Conference in Xingyi City, southwest China's Guizhou Province, Oct. 10, 2015. About 1,000 representatives from 30 countries and regions participated in the conference on topics about the development of mountain tourism. The promotion of eco-tourism and experimental tourism in mountain area would be highlighted. (Xinhua/Liu Xu)
21.jpg

Scenery of Xingyi City
14121814467dbb4fb226445e38.jpg
1412181447ee38f2e6b7b270c9.jpg
13.jpg
屏幕快照 2016-07-31 15.07.16.png
屏幕快照 2016-07-31 15.07.00.png

Last edited:
Continued on Xingyi City

Transport of Xingyi City

Expressway:
G78 Shantou-Kunming, S65 Qinglong-Xingyi, S50 Huishui-Xingyi
Expressway under construction: Panshui-Xingyi, Qujin-Xingyi
National highway: G324, G246
Airport: services to 11 cities
Railway: Nanning-Kunming Railway
Railway under construction or planned: Guiyang-Xingyi High-speed Railway (250km/h), Xingyi-Ganzhou rapid railway(200km/h)
Metro: 5 tram lines, Line 1 to open in 2018

Bridges
There are many large high bridges under construction in Malinghe River Gorge, east of downtown Xingyi. This section of Malinghe river will become a high bridge area of the highest density in the world, characterised by 7 high bridges within 10km, 5 of them higher than 200m.

---------------------------

Malinghe Bridge Zhaozhuang (2019)
(6 lanes+ 2 lanes for trams+ 2 pedestrian lanes)

Xingyi, Guizhou, China
1,079 feet high / 329 meters high
1,345 foot span / 410 meter span
MalingheZhaozhuangNight.jpg
750px-Malinghe_bridge_ZhaoZhuang_width.jpg

-------------------

Malinghe Bridge Shankun (2011) (part of Shantou-Kunming Expressway)
Xingyi, Guizhou, China
790 feet high / 241 meters high
1,181 foot span / 360 meter span

750px-MalingheCableStayed8.jpg
750px-Malinghe-2View.jpg

----------------------------

Maling Gorge Arch Bridge (20th century)
Below the old arch is the national scenic park, Maling River
750px-MalingGorgeMap.jpg

450px-396MalingheParkElevatorGlassWall.jpg

450px-380MalingheParkArchFromBelowView.jpg

750px-MalingheArch17_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Now thats what you call a freaking architectural wonder !! Amazing
Haha.
I'd rather call it "moderately" freaking, if compared to the other bridges.
But indeed, this bridge means a lot to local people who used to waste their time on the zigzag mountainous highway. That's why local minority singers made a music video about the bridge...

This bridge and expressway announces the real beginning of local tourism.

Man this is simply astonishing, you know in my free time I always try to check out the recent roads, Railways or upcoming projects development in China. I couldn't find much on YouTube don't know literally why? But whatever I watch it amuses me a lot. China is shaping herself in a completely positive way. There is this video on YouTube which mentions the upcoming and ongoing projects in China and I watched it like 3 times. I wish I could find more to familiarize myself with more of a creative work that is going on in China.
One very good website about world's high bridges, nearly all online English recourses are from this website.
http://highestbridges.com/wiki/index.php?title=List_of_500_Highest_International_Bridges

Should u have some interest in railway, specifically high-speed railway, check my thread https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/

metro
https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-metro-news-updates.412018/

One very good website about world's high bridges, nearly all online English recourses are from this website.
http://highestbridges.com/wiki/index.php?title=List_of_500_Highest_International_Bridges

Should u have some interest in railway, specifically high-speed railway, check my thread https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/

metro
https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-metro-news-updates.412018/

Thanks mate, that was extremely helpful, cheers!

China has a really long and great history when it comes to engineering and also conisdering China's size and geography mgeaprojects specially in Transport are needed and they are also happening. Chinese also have developed quality breaking the previous stereotypes of Chinese stuff being cheap and low quality.
An example from Sri Lanka on Chinese quality is in Sri Lankan Railway Chinese made DMUs have shown to be far superior to Indian made DMUs in Quality and the Indian DMUs are known for frequent breakdowns and Railway staff are even protesting against buying more of those

Back
Top Bottom