What's new

China Encircles India

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a Chinese, I would really worry about my own country being totally encircled. In the North is Russia, in the west are the Central Asian nations where Russia still has a very strong sway and intends to keep it that way through the clever use of the SCO. In the south is India and in the East are a bunch of friendly nations like Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Philippines etc. The only entry/exit to China is through the China Seas ( East and South China Seas) and this stretch of sea is heavily dominated by the Americans who have bases in Japan, South Korea and Philippines. Let China un-encircle itself first and then we should worry about them encircling us.
Is it that easy to encircle India? India is a massive peninsular projecting deep into the Indian Ocean. We have Island territories scattered all over the Indian Ocean from the Malacca Straits to the Arabian Sea. Encircle us, how? By establishing bases in Chittagong, Hambantota and Gwadar? How do these isolated outposts which are thousands of miles from the Chinese mainland and within range of every naval and air asset on the Indian mainland threaten India? They are excellent peace time logistics stopovers for the Chinese Naval and mercantile fleets but in case of an armed conflict, they will prove to be more of a liability then an asset.
However, the point is not that. The point actually is that this Chinese encirclement theory is really good for India. The more these guys, tom tom this meaningless 'String of Pearls' theory and dance with glee at an imagined Indian discomfiture at being encircled by China, the more will the GOI be constrained to spend on our military. I wish I get to meet the gentleman who formulated the 'String of Pearls' theory someday. I believe he was an American. I would like to shake his hand and thank him. He has really shaken our policy makers out of their deep slumber. The massive up gradation of the Indian Military may not have come so soon without his theory. I also wish to thank the thread starter and others like him who keep reminding us that our doom is imminent. The more noise they make, the more will be the pressure on the GOI to modernise our military and the stronger shall we get. They are really doing us a lot of favor. The fact that the 'Pearls' theory is really just garbage does not matter, it is good for us. After all, was it not our first Prime Minister who thought that we did not need any military at all and that disputes if any would be resolved amicably by the UNO!!!

If I were a Chinese, I would really worry about my own country being totally encircled. In the North is Russia, in the west are the Central Asian nations where Russia still has a very strong sway and intends to keep it that way through the clever use of the SCO. In the south is India and in the East are a bunch of friendly nations like Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Philippines etc. The only entry/exit to China is through the China Seas ( East and South China Seas) and this stretch of sea is heavily dominated by the Americans who have bases in Japan, South Korea and Philippines. Let China un-encircle itself first and then we should worry about them encircling us.
Is it that easy to encircle India? India is a massive peninsular projecting deep into the Indian Ocean. We have Island territories scattered all over the Indian Ocean from the Malacca Straits to the Arabian Sea. Encircle us, how? By establishing bases in Chittagong, Hambantota and Gwadar? How do these isolated outposts which are thousands of miles from the Chinese mainland and within range of every naval and air asset on the Indian mainland threaten India? They are excellent peace time logistics stopovers for the Chinese Naval and mercantile fleets but in case of an armed conflict, they will prove to be more of a liability then an asset.
However, the point is not that. The point actually is that this Chinese encirclement theory is really good for India. The more these guys, tom tom this meaningless 'String of Pearls' theory and dance with glee at an imagined Indian discomfiture at being encircled by China, the more will the GOI be constrained to spend on our military. I wish I get to meet the gentleman who formulated the 'String of Pearls' theory someday. I believe he was an American. I would like to shake his hand and thank him. He has really shaken our policy makers out of their deep slumber. The massive up gradation of the Indian Military may not have come so soon without his theory. I also wish to thank the thread starter and others like him who keep reminding us that our doom is imminent. The more noise they make, the more will be the pressure on the GOI to modernise our military and the stronger shall we get. They are really doing us a lot of favor. The fact that the 'Pearls' theory is really just garbage does not matter, it is good for us. After all, was it not our first Prime Minister who thought that we did not need any military at all and that disputes if any would be resolved amicably by the UNO!!!
I wish you were the finance minister of India .

Well it is clear Indians deserve to be encircled and crushed.

For the record even though it is off topic what does BD deserve ?

From what I read here BD seems to be a great country in the wrong continent.

However, the point is not that. The point actually is that this Chinese encirclement theory is really good for India. The more these guys, tom tom this meaningless 'String of Pearls' theory and dance with glee at an imagined Indian discomfiture at being encircled by China, the more will the GOI be constrained to spend on our military. I wish I get to meet the gentleman who formulated the 'String of Pearls' theory someday. I believe he was an American. I would like to shake his hand and thank him. He has really shaken our policy makers out of their deep slumber. The massive up gradation of the Indian Military may not have come so soon without his theory. I also wish to thank the thread starter and others like him who keep reminding us that our doom is imminent. The more noise they make, the more will be the pressure on the GOI to modernise our military and the stronger shall we get. They are really doing us a lot of favor.The fact that the 'Pearls' theory is really just garbage does not matter, it is good for us. After all, was it not our first Prime Minister who thought that we did not need any military at all and that disputes if any would be resolved amicably by the UNO!!!

True, I also heard that Nehru was seriously considering downsizing Indian military or disbanding it altogether. He was of the opinion that India which won independence through non-violent means needs no military and every international dispute could be settled in UNO. So what can I say other than "Thank You China for 1962" for it gave a high voltage shock to the Indian establishment & opened their eyes to the fact our neighbours do not necessarily prescribe to Ghandisim

The Indian Army and Navy does not scare Bangladesh. If you push us we will push you back against the Himalayas and squash you .....
They will not scare you untill you make a bad move .
IAF will scare you, what do you have to counter mki's??? now dont say me you ve stones .

No one in South Asia likes Indians. Even Indians don't like Indians.

no country likes other,untill their interst are not attached and u r talking about people..
we are happy that no body likes us..coz we have not taken theka or responsibility to be liked by others..

now stop posting crap..enough of india bashing today..

no country likes other,untill their interst are not attached and u r talking about people..
we are happy that no body likes us..coz we have not taken theka or responsibility to be liked by others..

now stop posting crap..enough of india bashing today..

now ..how can he do that ..... dude ,,he earns his daily bread by writing BS on us :angel:

but i do know a country encircled by india on 3 sides ;)

Well it is clear Indians deserve to be encircled and crushed.

What a tiniy country who breeds refugees, is making an attempt to Crush us. Ask you friends if they have the guts....Whoever it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom