What's new

China Economy Forum

To me what's not clear is how the "eye tracking" technology works. What if someone is wearing glasses, sun glasses? Can it cope with two people looking at the phone simultaneously? Interesting idea I must say, but the eye tracking thing may have physical limitations.

None of these techs invented by Chinese. I have seen Holo and eye tracking tech demonstrated before. I just want to see real product make for consumers.

Pal, your bar for "invention" might be so high that even Steve Job didnt "invent" anything according to you;)

Besides the Chinese didnt claim they invented it.

Last edited:
I thought Vietnam should be the one to do that, since China can't even feed itself according to our PDF Viet members. :coffee:
Yes, China is the top importer of vietnam agro fisheries products. You take the most. I am surprised a bit about the news, Xinhua says the bilateral trades have increased by about 20 per cent this year despite escalating tension.

We export a lot to Russia, too, but the amount is much less.

Yes, China is the top importer of vietnam agro fisheries products. You take the most. I am surprised a bit about the news, Xinhua says the bilateral trades have increased by about 20 per cent despite escalating tension.

NK is a liability, but they can't survive with us, so good you wanna share this liability for our geopolitics. :enjoy:

Yes my chinese friend, pho has become a international brand. I think it tastes much better than urine soaked eggs :D

LOL don't think I never ate pho before. I often eat, but it really sucks, compared to Chinese rice noodles. There is better Vietnam food.

Who said anything about laser??? You are "scanned" by your phone every time you take a photo. The phone simply takes in the pixels of the image. In this case the phone takes 4 images of the eyes at different locations in order to "track" the eye movements, no difference than taking photos. Pretty novel idea if you ask me.

What's consuming the bulk of the energy is lighting up the screen and projecting the holographic image. The cameras themselves barley consume any energy at all. But then again, this is no difference than playing a 3D game on your phone. You better be close to a charger

Well i will wait a little bit more & let the tech get more mature,i urge you to do the same

August 6, 2014 11:07 pm

Priceline bets $500m on Chinese tourism

By Shannon Bond in New York

Priceline Group is taking a $500m stake in Ctrip, the Shanghai-based travel booking website, increasing the biggest US online travel agent’s footprint in China's fast-growing tourism market.

The Connecticut-based company will invest $500m via a convertible bond. It will also gain the right to acquire Ctrip shares on the open market over the next year to build a stake which, combined with the shares convertible under the bond, could be worth up to 10 per cent.

Ctrip, which listed on Nasdaq in 2003, has a market capitalisation of $8.2bn.

The two companies are also expanding a commercial agreement first struck in 2012 to offer more hotel room inventory to each other’s customers, give Ctrip users access to Priceline’s rental cars and restaurant booking offerings and give Priceline access to Ctrip’s airline and attraction ticket services.

A flood of middle class Chinese tourists armed with higher disposable incomes is spreading across the world and reshaping the global travel market.

“So many Chinese tourists are making their way to Europe. They’re the most noticeable change in global travel,” said Darren Huston, Priceline chief executive. “In five to 10 years they could become the world’s largest travelling population.”

CLSA estimates that by the end of this decade, 200m Chinese tourists will travel outside the country each year and spending on tourism will double.

While in most western countries, 40 to 50 per cent of travel bookings are made online, only 10 to 15 per cent are done so in China, Mr Huston said, offering providers like Priceline a big opportunity.

The US group preferred to partner with Ctrip – a well-known brand with an established business – rather than tackle the market alone, he said.

The deal will allow Priceline to offer travellers outside of China access to Ctrip’s inventory of 100,000 accommodations in the country. “It rounds out the key premise of our success: the broadest selection of booking options,” Mr Huston said.

Ctrip’s revenues jumped 38 per cent to Rmb1.8bn ($292m) in the second quarter but net income fell 36 per cent to Rmb134.9m as expenses rose.

Priceline started in 1997 as a “name your own price” service for hotel, airline, car rental and vacation bookings and became known for quirky television ads featuring Star Trek’s William Shatner.

It overtook rival Expedia in gross bookings in 2013 and has staked out a dominant position in the US by snapping up companies like OpenTable, the restaurant reservation company it bought for $2.6bn in June, and Kayak, the travel search engine it acquired for $1.8bn in 2012.

Priceline’s stock is up nearly 12 per cent this year. Ctrip has gained more than 24 per cent since January.

larsonarchive.com Glype® proxy

Does China not export any fruits and vegetables already to anyone?

Yes, China is the largest agriculture producer in the world and its agriculture GDP is almost three times as big as the 2nd place. In fact, it is more than the next seven countries combined.

Now, China does import food. Chinese food import comes in three categories:
The first one is in form of corn, beans. Vast majority of these imports goes to the dairy the business where the high nutrient (comparing to grass) junk corns are used to rise livestock. Alternatively, these crops can also be made into cooking oil.
The second category is income from oversea farms rented by Chinese company. For example, in Brazil and Africa, Chinese company often rent large amount of land to grow crops.
The third category is the politic driven imports. For example, last year there was proposal that China will build high speed rails for Thailand and the payment will be in form of agricultural products.

As far as Russia's needs goes, the only thing it needs and China doesn't have a large supply is dairy products. It is not surprising since Chinese doesn't consume a lot of dairy products. So the Russian may need to talk with Australia or New Zealand for these.

How much is the onion production in China.

In 2010, China produced 20,817,295 tonnes of onion, equal to the next seven countries combined.

List of countries by onion production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, China is the largest agriculture producer in the world and its agriculture GDP is almost three times as big as the 2nd place. In fact, it is more than the next seven countries combined.

Now, China does import food. Chinese food import comes in three categories:
The first one is in form of corn, beans. Vast majority of these imports goes to the dairy the business where the high nutrient (comparing to grass) junk corns are used to rise livestock. Alternatively, these crops can also be made into cooking oil.
The second category is income from oversea farms rented by Chinese company. For example, in Brazil and Africa, Chinese company often rent large amount of land to grow crops.
The third category is the politic driven imports. For example, last year there was proposal that China will build high speed rails for Thailand and the payment will be in form of agricultural products.

As far as Russia's needs goes, the only thing it needs and China doesn't have a large supply is dairy products. It is not surprising since Chinese doesn't consume a lot of dairy products. So the Russian may need to talk with Australia or New Zealand for these.

In 2010, China produced 20,817,295 tonnes of onion, equal to the next seven countries combined.

List of countries by onion production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We should import some from you guys

We should import some from you guys

I do remember that a few month ago India had a problem with onion prices and there was talk about importing onions from China. Though historically India imports very little food and mostly in form of edible oil and fats products.

I do remember that a few month ago India had a problem with onion prices and there was talk about importing onions from China. Though historically India imports very little food and mostly in form of edible oil and fats products.

Onion Prices are very stable now,but you never know.Onion is the core ingredient in almost all of Indian dishes so it is very important.Govts have collapsed over Onion Prices.Pakistan is invading us no problem,China has nuked New Delhi No problem,Onion Prices have gone up,bring down this Traitor Govt.The new govt is reforming the food market & has initiated massive Food related Infra buildup this along with more imports will fix this problem permanently

China's Huawei shows interest in LatAm

Latin America is key to Huawei Technologies' future growth, said Manuel Vexler, director of marketing for Huawei North Latin America.

Vexler made the remarks at a press conference held in Panama City on July 30.

The global telecommunications services and solutions provider showed its interest in the Latin American market with the opening in Panama City of its 2nd Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Expo on July 30, which lasted four days.

The expo featured the company's latest developments.

Huawei is now the main provider in its field for regional countries such as Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico and Colombia, according to Vexler, and the company hopes to grow between 25 and 30 percent a year in the region.

Vexler said the business sector represented the greatest potential for growth, including small companies, followed by other sectors, such as health.

There was also room to grow in the areas of fiber optics networks, radio and television, as well as telephones and terminals, part of the technology installed for the 2014 Brazil World Cup, added Vexler.

The expo showcases a variety of telecommunications solutions, including broadband and mobile broadband, data center, smart phones, tablets and much more, he said.

As part of the expo, the company also organized a forum on "transcending in the era of digital transformation," which gathered more than 50 representatives from 10 Caribbean technology firms and Huawei experts, who spoke of the fast-changing world of ICT.

During the opening of the expo, Panama's Minister of Trade and Industry, Meliton Arrocha, said the country was proud that Huawei had chosen Panama as the site of its regional Caribbean headquarters.

Brad Xuan, general manager of Huawei Caribbean in Panama, said the company in Panama had the chance to grow above the 18 percent global average of Huawei's other firms, given Panama's economic growth rate.

Huawei's Panama subsidiary, opened in 2008, employs more than 300 people. The company employs some 150,000 people worldwide.

China's Huawei shows interest in LatAm|Latin America|chinadaily.com.cn

The Largest Mega-Yacht Ever Built In China Is Incredibly Luxurious | Business Insider

Pride Mega Yachts used to be called “Pryde,” and before that “Raffles Yacht.” Owned by China International Marine Containers, Pride hopes to join the first rank of the world’s mega-yacht builders, according to MegaYacht News.

pride mega yacht 85m
IWgVyiq.jpg

7x4ogWW.png

FRabbEm.jpg

pride mega yatch 115m
pA6TWNM.jpg

kSqUSgw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom