What's new

China downplays Japan's construction of India's first bullet train project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not a supporter for HSR in India at this point of time, the resources could have been better spent on industrial corridors, and activating smaller airfields for ease in communication.

On Topic

I hope it is the N700-I
4FzHh0s.png

And some Info about CO2 emissions
Std30H.jpg

3vqhwV.jpg

@Nihonjin1051 :How about a +ve for me :)

Still not a supporter for HSR in India at this point of time, the resources could have been better spent on industrial corridors, and activating smaller airfields for ease in communication.

India, Japan may launch company to fund road projects - The Economic Times

India's Shreyas sets up joint venture with Japan's Suzue Corp. | JOC.com

Plug-and-play way for Toyota arm in Gujarat’s corridor | The Indian Express

On Topic

I hope it is the N700-I
4FzHh0s.png

And some Info about CO2 emissions
Std30H.jpg

3vqhwV.jpg

@Nihonjin1051 :How about a +ve for me :)

Excellent graphs! Credit shall be recognized.

Your posts suggest anything but respect. In business, you win some & you lose some. What you do not do is to mock a potential customer. In this case, India has decided that it will go with the Japanese offer. Not the end of the story. There is a reason that the official stand of the Chinese authorities is nuanced. Unlike you, they understand how business is done. Whether you get an order or not, what you never do is mock & disrespect a customer. If they did what you did, they would never do business in India again.
Like I said, we look for win-win business deal. If we see a deal is not a win-win, we will not involved in unless there is a political reason behind it.

Btw, I want to make sure the Indian understands these things..

1. The Japan finance term, their loan specially is based on Yen currency. While our finance term we offer to Indonesia and Thailand are USD dollar. That's why 2% USD loan is more favorable than a 0.1% Japanese Yen loan.

2. We didn't lower our bid because why should we? Our guarantee of HSR operation is much faster and we have more experience in building all kinds of terrain. We also provider faster service. As you know, with fast service, you pay more.

3. We didn't offer good finance term because unlike other country, India got money (like our Nihon friend just said).. so you should pay for it rather than us risking our money to finance your HSR.

4. The risk of India HSR investment is enormous due to red tape, indiscipline, and also lack of seriousness.

get over it man,stop complaining & come up with a better bid next time

@xunzi @Nihonjin1051

Calm down bros, this is not a public tender process but a one-on-one (G2G) negotiation process, is a good start for Japan, congrats! Like I comment in the other thread, I believe Japan will continue to dominate HSR business here in the long run. China holds different views and will only do smaller deals here like feasibility studies but stay out of large scale financing, local production or local operation.

Given limited capacity of financing, manufacturing, etc., and large global demand (at least 28 countries) on railway or HSR, it would be a paradigm of constructive competition to adopt segregation of markets. Japan already has India, Philippines, etc. While on top expanding huge home market, China focus on Turkey, Russia, Indonesia, C&E Europe.

Let's apply such mutually beneficial practice on other markets like South America, Mexico, US, continental ASEAN (Pan Asia Rail), UK (London HS2), etc. The market is bigger than we might cater for.

Source: Japan poised to build India's first bullet train: report | Page 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom