What's new

Japan poised to build India's first bullet train: report

Great news, indeed. India, are you ready? The Super Komachi is coming to you !!!!

;)

Komachi1.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

1l-image.jpg

e5-series-shinkansen-japan-made-in-dream.jpg

Beautiful! Thanks for the pics. They look like gleaming dragons!

So in Japan do people use this for everyday commuting or more occasionally like air travel?

This HSR will become a symbol of Indo-Japanese cooperation just like delhi metro

For our friends who have not been exposed to the Delhi Metro System. I will take the liberty to share some pictures; illustrating the Indo-Japanese cooperative dynamic. Enjoy, my friend.

India's Prime Minister Modi espouses the motto of "Make In India", that is exactly what Japan is doing. :)

15VBG_METRO__631687f.jpg

a-metro-station-and-streams-of-vehicles-beneath.jpg

new_delhi_metro_railway_station1.jpg

underground_station_building_for_delhi_metro.jpg

delhi-metro-stations-map.jpg

Delhi Metro used by millions of people of Delhi funded by JICA. And now Abe is coming to India on Friday to sign High speed trains deal. Thank you Japan :)

This pic is concept art, been to Delhi Metro, never seen this stuff
I think that is from China

Delhi Metro used by millions of people of Delhi funded by JICA. And now Abe is coming to India on Friday to sign High speed trains deal. Thank you Japan :)

I think that is from China

Japan , under Abe, had agreed to pour $35 Billion in infrastructure-related investments in India. This $8 Billion HSR investment is not part of the $35 Billion package, but additional. I suppose this level and size of investment correlates with Japanese strategic alignment with India. We are looking at just the tip of the proverbial iceberg , in context to Japan's activity in India.

Congrats on this exports, good job!
@Nihonjin1051

Thanks, my friend. A double win since early this month Japan also concluded and finalized the plans to pour $2 Billion to modernize Manila's Metro System, which will further connect and develop Luzon's metro system. There are now plans also to develop Philippines' Mindanao Island and build a metro system that will connect Davao to Dipolog (a north to south directive).

AIIB response: Japan to loan nearly $2bn for Philippine rail project- Nikkei Asian Review

This is the beginning of HSR transformation revolution for Indojin friends ! Good decision for India !

@yoshi.oda --- it is part of Japanese industrialization plans to divert heavy manufacturing into India. India was named as the most promising medium-term destination for the second year in a row. The country has been enhancing its manufacturing base under the "Make in India" initiative.Of those who gave reasons for the country's attractiveness, 88.9% cited the Indian market's growth potential, and 31% noted the market's already huge size.

On the other hand, respondents were concerned with the country's inadequate infrastructure (49.4%) and a legal system that can lack transparency (38.9%).

I suppose the decision to embark on this impetus to help develop India's transportation infrastructure is correlated to Japan's designs in India and the latter's role in Japanese Lean Manufacturing / Production.

20151209JBIC_article_main_image.png

Reference:
Japanese manufacturers: Survey shows India as the favorite investment target- Nikkei Asian Review

Congrats on this exports, good job!
@Nihonjin1051

China will get 1 large high speed railway contract. India has many metro rail project running but we lack high speed railways.

In addition to conducting a feasibility study to build a high speed rail track on the 2,200-km Chennai-Delhi route, an India-China consortium is also conducting a study for the 1,200-km New Delhi-Mumbai corridor.

@Nihonjin1051
Japan is also building the freight corridor.
Western Dedicated Freight Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meanwhile another large high speed railway contract will be given to Japan once the freight corridor is completed:)

Mr Shinzo abe is probably the most popular Japanese PM for India.

Last edited:
@Nihonjin1051 @yoshi.oda

Guys, Japan has technology and research base and the only place they lack behind China in manufacturing is just because of Japan low population.

On the other hand India is no sort of working hands and if Japan think wisely and use Indian labour force, India and Japan can complement each other and become large scale manufacturers.

@Nihonjin1051 @yoshi.oda

Guys, Japan has technology and research base and the only place they lack behind China in manufacturing is just because of Japan low population.

On the other hand India is no sort of working hands and if Japan think wisely and use Indian labour force, India and Japan can complement each other and become large scale manufacturers.

That is exactly one component of Japanese designs in India.

Thanks, my friend. A double win since early this month Japan also concluded and finalized the plans to pour $2 Billion to modernize Manila's Metro System, which will further connect and develop Luzon's metro system. There are now plans also to develop Philippines' Mindanao Island and build a metro system that will connect Davao to Dipolog (a north to south directive).

AIIB response: Japan to loan nearly $2bn for Philippine rail project- Nikkei Asian Review

@yoshi.oda --- it is part of Japanese industrialization plans to divert heavy manufacturing into India. India was named as the most promising medium-term destination for the second year in a row. The country has been enhancing its manufacturing base under the "Make in India" initiative.Of those who gave reasons for the country's attractiveness, 88.9% cited the Indian market's growth potential, and 31% noted the market's already huge size.

On the other hand, respondents were concerned with the country's inadequate infrastructure (49.4%) and a legal system that can lack transparency (38.9%).

I suppose the decision to embark on this impetus to help develop India's transportation infrastructure is correlated to Japan's designs in India and the latter's role in Japanese Lean Manufacturing / Production.

20151209JBIC_article_main_image.png

Reference:
Japanese manufacturers: Survey shows India as the favorite investment target- Nikkei Asian Review

You are welcome!

Winning this first HSR project in India is a good start for Japan, I believe Japan will continue to dominate HSR business here in the long run. China will do smaller deals like feasibility studies but not large sale finance, production or operation.

Given limited capacity of financing, manufacturing base, etc., and large global demand (at least 28 countries) on railway or HSR, it would be a paradigm of constructive competition to adopt segregation of markets. Japan already has India, Philippines, etc. On top expanding huge home market, China focus on Turkey, Russia, Indonesia, C&E Europe.

Let's apply such mutually beneficial practice on other markets like South America, Mexico, US, continental ASEAN (Pan Asia Rail), UK (London HS2), etc. The market is bigger than we might cater for.

You are welcome!

Winning this first HSR project in India is a good start for Japan, I believe Japan will continue to dominate HSR business here in the long run. China will do smaller deals like feasibility studies but not large sale finance, production or operation.

Given limited capacity of financing, manufacturing base, etc., and large global demand (at least 28 countries) on railway or HSR, it would be a paradigm of constructive competition to adopt segregation of markets. Japan already has India, Philippines, etc. On top expanding huge home market, China focus on Turkey, Russia, Indonesia, C&E Europe.

Let's apply such mutually beneficial practice on other markets like South America (Trans Continental Rai), Mexico, US, continental ASEAN (Pan Asia Rail), UK (London HS2), etc. The market is bigger than we might cater for.

America is the ultimate goal, my friend. The potential is high, too high. The rewards are limitless... ;)

obama-high-speed-rail-corridor.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom