What's new

Japan poised to build India's first bullet train: report

More recently:

LPC-Taiwan's High Speed Rail Corp's lenders agree restructuring plan| Reuters

It's not like they have not been profitable:

Taiwan High Speed Rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....they just couldn't pay the loans back as quickly as originally planned/structured.

No such problem will be there for India given the time period Japan has given for the repayment (and grace period).

It's more of an investment like loan to be honest.
Of cos, they will put in nice words to reduce the damage done. Taiwan HSR is not going to be profitable as everything made by Japanese is simply too expensive. Just like their Sony Bravia TV. I can get a samsung or TPV TV with half the price but same quality and even better function.

everything made by Japanese is simply too expensive.

I don't think India will be importing the train sets from Japan directly.

Lets wait and see what the production line will entail. Most of the capital costs will go towards the physical laying of the line anyway...the economies of scale in India will help in this immensely compared to Taiwan.

I don't think India will be importing the train sets from Japan directly.

Lets wait and see what the production line will entail. Most of the capital costs will go towards the physical laying of the line anyway...the economies of scale in India will help in this immensely compared to Taiwan.
Japanese are not dumb. End of the day, this project needs to make money. You can ask European or South Korean to come make HSR but they still need to make money. So your so called leverage of pitting each other competitor will not work if profit is concern. They will retain core component by making you import it at high price. China is able shake off the influence of foreign key component import for our HSR becos we got strong manufacturing and research industries to assimilate these key technologies. While these cant be truth for India. Taiwan is a good example that is why the maintenance depend on Japan is eating up large share of profit until going red. You simply cant charge a high HSR fee which is not affordable to mass, right?

I agree with your statement,but the same was for said Delhi metro.What followed Delhi metro was a Metro building boom in India & Delhi metro is very profitable & has not raised fares since 2009!! I think it is to early to comment on everything

There is no hard science for Metro Train. High Speed Rail is a different monster. You need key technology for stabilities at such high speed while ensuring safety too. Only a few countries can build HSR. While some HSR is achieve at a huge cost. That is why a lot of European countries like Turkey, Macedonia ,Russia and Sweden plus UK are looking to China for HSR.

There is no hard science for Metro Train. High Speed Rail is a different monster. You need key technology for stabilities at such high speed while ensuring safety too. Only a few countries can build HSR. While some HSR is achieve at a huge cost. That is why a lot of European countries like Turkey, Macedonia ,Russia and Sweden plus UK are looking to China for HSR.

I agree with you HSR is a different monster altogether & that is why we chose the Japanese system,they are one of the best in HSR.

I agree with you HSR is a different monster altogether & that is why we chose the Japanese system,they are one of the best in HSR.
They are too expensive for India to operate and in terms of stabilities, Chinese one is the best in the world. This is acknowledge by Swedish committee who visit and travel of our HSR who compare with Japan Shikansen.

But no choice, China will not build one for India. :enjoy:

They are too expensive for India and in terms of stabilities, Chinese one is the best in the world. This is acknowledge by Swedish committee who visit and travel of our HSR who compare with Japan Shikansen.

Visitors will tell you what you like to hear.

How many people have died in Shinkansen compared to CRH? Simple question.

Impeccable safety record unlike most of their competitors too.
Our HSR single accident is due to corruption rather than technology fault. But since then President Xi has rounded up those corrupted officer and shaken up the HSR. Our HSR operate ten times more mileage than Japan per day and yet until now has only 1 accident. More or less speaks for itself.

They are too expensive for India to operate and in terms of stabilities, Chinese one is the best in the world. This is acknowledge by Swedish committee who visit and travel of our HSR who compare with Japan Shikansen.

But no choice, China will not build one for India. :enjoy:

Sure why not the Japanese who did the feasibility studies & have operated the safest HSR in the world are stupid,Chinese officials who are continuously doing studies here are stupid.Only @Beast here knows everything.
I hope more & more people in China start thinking & behaving like you :enjoy:

Sure why not the Japanese who did the feasibility studies & have operated the safest HSR in the world are stupid,Chinese officials who are continuously doing studies here are stupid.Only @Beast here knows everything.
I hope more & more people in China start thinking & behaving like you :enjoy:
Sorry for knowing the reality :lol:

Great news, indeed. India, are you ready? The Super Komachi is coming to you !!!!

;)

Komachi1.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

1l-image.jpg

e5-series-shinkansen-japan-made-in-dream.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom