What's new

Japan poised to build India's first bullet train: report

America is the ultimate goal, my friend. The potential is high, too high. The rewards are limitless... ;)

obama-high-speed-rail-corridor.png

Yes it is! Pragmatically speaking, my estimation is Japan will win this market. Check my post:

These Cities Could Be America's Next High-Speed Rail Hotspots

Yes it is! Pragmatically speaking, my estimation is Japan will win this market. Check my post:

These Cities Could Be America's Next High-Speed Rail Hotspots

I don't think it will be just Japan, my friend, I believe the Chinese HSR is a noble and potent rival to Japan's. Knowing the entrepreneurial spirit of Chinese developers, we will 'battle' this out in the American market. Let us feast on the rewards, my friend. America is a massive pie.

Let us cut. ;)

开始

I don't think it will be just Japan, my friend, I believe the Chinese HSR is a noble and potent rival to Japan's. Knowing the entrepreneurial spirit of Chinese developers, we will 'battle' this out in the American market. Let us feast on the rewards, my friend. America is a massive pie.

Let us cut. ;)

开始

LOL sure ... compete like sports!
奋斗!!!

On a more serious note, I think if private money is involved then possibly China can take a piece of the US market, say the ExpressWest (LA-Vegas) project. If public expenditure is driving then China might as well don't waste time participating, since we all know the results. So good luck my friend on the American pie!

Last edited:
LOL sure ... compete like sports!
奋斗!!!

On a more serious note, I think if private money is involved then possibly China can take a pie in US market, say the ExpressWest (LA-Vegas) project. If public expenditure is driving then China might as well don't waste time participating, since we all know the results.

Yes, the LA-Vegas project is a potential. :)

A high-speed rail from L.A. to Las Vegas? China says it's partnering with U.S. to build - LA Times

With india's overpopulation problem, there should be seats available on the roof. Also with the widespread poverty in india, tickets should cost the same with candies.

With india's overpopulation problem, there should be seats available on the roof. Also with the widespread poverty in india, tickets should cost the same with candies.
When an any fast train is travelling at a speed of 150 kmph or more,roof top travellers are bound to be thrown off. U don't require any genius to figure it out. Incase of electric train, u will be roasted or deep fried if u r travelling on roof top

A couple things I need to point out:

1. We didn't enter into this competition. This is entirely Japan with no competition and win this project with their own funding (50%).

2. The low interest rate offered by Japan is in Yen currency, unlike us who offer dollar currency loan. That's why our 2% interest USD loan is better than 0.1 Japanese Yen loan.

3. We will offer no funding whatsoever to India. Why should we? They are big revenue country (G20) and have saving money. They need to use their money if they want us to build.

4. India is a country that doesn't need HSR. They just want HSR to boast which is typical of Indian mindset. The West analysts have said the economical and feasible things to do is upgrade existing railway. Again, India used HSR to boast and not to improve infrastructure.

5. Again, had we enter this competition. the result will be very different, just as we win the Indonesia HSR.

India is the worlds Seventh largest country and there is a place for everyone.
First phase could be Japan, but China will also play a crucial role.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom