What's new

China declares Pakistan has a future Economic power

Well I don't know why - could be religion, could be Pakistan's nukes, etc - but the fact of the matter is that they've always predicted the worst things for Pakistan. Their predictions should not be taken seriously.

I thinks it is just a complex most Pakistanis harbor that "world wants to see them fail.".. while you ask not to take rest of the world's prediction seriously..why do you want to take Chinese predictions seriously?

I thinks it is just a complex most Pakistanis harbor that "world wants to see them fail.".. while you ask not to take rest of the world's prediction seriously..why do you want to take Chinese predictions seriously?

What is your source or reason to believe "most Pakistanis" (which implies greater than 50% of the Pakistani population) harbor a "world wants to see them fail". Provide rationale.

This is yet again a misrepresentation. They never claimed the whole world, they just claimed the west and India want to see them fail. I've seen way too often Indians using the term "whole world" when the really mean parts of the west and India, to make someone else's point sound ridiculous when it's actually not so.

Now just like the western countries make the worst type of predictions for middle eastern countries, same happens for Pakistan. It's not a complex without any reason. You need to go back to history to see what types of predictions have been made about Pakistan. It's a fact that they make the worst possible predictions for Pakistan and have done so for decades. You can mask it by making philosophical points and sarcasm but it doesn't change that fact.

As for why Chinese predictions are more realistic - China is a future superpower, and it's at the very least more neutral towards Pakistan. Besides, I am not even looking at Chinese predictions here.

This is yet again a misrepresentation. They never claimed the whole world, they just claimed the west and India want to see them fail. I've seen way too often Indians using the term "whole world" when the really mean parts of the west and India, to make someone else's point sound ridiculous when it's actually not so.

Now just like the western countries make the worst type of predictions for middle eastern countries, same happens for Pakistan. It's not a complex without any reason. You need to go back to history to see what types of predictions have been made about Pakistan. It's a fact that they make the worst possible predictions for Pakistan and have done so for decades. You can mask it by making philosophical points and sarcasm but it doesn't change that fact.

As for why Chinese predictions are more realistic - China is a future superpower, and it's at the very least more neutral towards Pakistan. Besides, I am not even looking at Chinese predictions here.

Well we were talking about "World" Bank weren't we..on the top of it even IMF(again a UN body ) predictions for pakistan aren't that rosy either..but if you prefer Asian body like ADB or IDB..you could look into their short term predictions for Pakistan..you will be in for a shock.

Why is Chinese prediction more realistic(is it because you like it)..Pakistan at this moment is standing on brink of an economic collapse, and very far from becoming a economic power house.

Infact if serious economic reforms are not carried out in next 6 months..Pakistan may well default on its loans in an years time(bankrupt).

What is your source or reason to believe "most Pakistanis" (which implies greater than 50% of the Pakistani population) harbor a "world wants to see them fail". Provide rationale.

Obviously my observation is based on reactions I see on this forum and pakistani local media outlets.

Well we were talking about "World" Bank weren't we..on the top of it even IMF(again a UN body ) predictions for pakistan aren't that rosy either..but if you prefer Asian body like ADB or IDB..you could look into their short term predictions for Pakistan..you will be in for a shock.

Why is Chinese prediction more realistic(is it because you like it)..Pakistan at this moment is standing on brink of an economic collapse, and very far from becoming a economic power house.

Infact if serious economic reforms are not carried out in next 6 months..Pakistan may well default on its loans in an years time(bankrupt).

Look, I am talking about predictions that Pakistan will be/will not be a top 20 economy in the future, not whether Pakistan will go bankrupt in 1 year. You want to talk about IMF, they're predicting a 6% growth rate in 4 years (I personally feel it will be more close 7 or 8%).

Look, I am talking about predictions that Pakistan will be/will not be a top 20 economy in the future, not whether Pakistan will go bankrupt in 1 year. You want to talk about IMF, they're predicting a 6% growth rate in 4 years (I personally feel it will be more close 7 or 8%).

Yes they are predicting 6% growth rate for pakistan in 2015(if everything goes as planned),

but they are also considering withdrawing from Pakistan due to lack of reforms, even such that they have put all your loans on hold , because they predict that you are no longer capable of paying them back and might default on their loans.

I haven't seen anything as drastic as that. Are you sure you're not making this up or are not exaggerating this? I know economic reforms need to be placed, I am not sure about the other stuff you're saying.

Ehh I agree with somethings your saying. China should not be allowed whatever it wishes to export to Pakistan, certain restrictions should be in place so cheap Chinese goods to over flood the market and drive Pakistani companies and business down.

Elaborate please, how so...? If they restrict Pakistani imports then most likely it is a violation of the FTA signed by both Pakistan and China.

Sure,
FTA does not mean free for all in any agreement, BUT China had allowed only piss poor number of items frankly. at one point as ridiculous as only 50 items Pakistan could export to China. While they have nearly anything goes / can be exported to Pakistan. Old saying goes with Friends like this who needs enemies
but your political establishment hides this from your public. why? because China is anti India i.e. it's foreign policy driven relationship , selling Pak business industries short in lieu of it.

analysis of mutual trade statistics reveals that since the signing of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries in Nov 2006, China has exported goods worth around $ 11 billion whereas Pakistan’s exports could hardly reach $ 0.25 billion.Another misbalance in this respect is that Pakistan imports about 1,000 items from China while the latter’s export-basket is limited to hardly 50 items. Pakistan exports items like seafood, cotton yarn, leather, marble, fruits, sports goods, rice, raw hides and vegetables. On the other hand, China exports almost every thing available under the sun to Pakistan and that also at very low prices. Mass availability of these goods at low rates has pushed local industry out of competition.

Pakistan’s local industry alleges that the absence of government patronage and lack of supporting infrastructure, like energy, water, roads, has spurred import of cheap Chinese goods into Pakistan. Industrialists say China dumps a lot of goods into Pakistan but no action is taken for various reasons. The biggest of these is that Pakistan does not want to take even a symbolic step that harms friendly relations between the two, they add.

a report prepared by the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) reveals that due to the dumping of China clay crockery from China, the pottery industry of Pakistan has disappeared from centers like Gujranwala and Gujrat.The report says out of a total of five units, four have closed their commercial operations. These are Prey China, Dada Bhoy, Pakpur, and Regal China while the last one -- Lone China -- is on the verge of collapse.
The

trade deficit right now for Pakistan is $5.2 billion.
Although there has been positive signs In 2010, Pakistan’s imports from China also increased by $1.4 billion - but this is a drop in the bucket vs. the slow bleeding out of Pakistan's industries given the relationship between the two countries for decades!

I haven't seen anything as drastic as that. Are you sure you're not making this up or are not exaggerating this? I know economic reforms need to be placed, I am not sure about the other stuff you're saying.

Which Part do you think I have exaggerated..is it the part that IMF has put a loan of $3 billion to Pakistan on hold due to lack of reforms or IMF predicted 6% growth rate for Pakistan in 2015?

Also, please stop trying to divert away from this thread. Every single thread (even a realistic one such as this one) that is positive about Pakistan gets diverted by bharatis through either playing down the news (which is what you're doing), spreading extreme pessimism, etc.

Yes we know you do not want Pakistan to prosper. You do not need to show that again and again.

Which Part do you think I have exaggerated..is it the part that IMF has put a loan of $3 billion to Pakistan on hold due to lack of reforms or IMF predicted 6% growth rate for Pakistan in 2015?

I am questioning the reasoning you've put behind why they're holding the loan. From what I understand, it's because of reforms, not because we're unable to pay them back.

Also, please stop trying to divert away from this thread. Every single thread (even a realistic one such as this one) that is positive about Pakistan gets diverted by bharatis through either playing down the news (which is what you're doing), spreading extreme pessimism, etc.

We are still discussing Pakistani economy and its future aren't we? besides I prefer being a realist, rather than being an optimist or a pessimist .

We are still discussing Pakistani economy and its future aren't we? besides I prefer being a realist, rather than being an optimist or a pessimist .

No, you've brought in the typical stuff that you bring to every thread - loans, defaulting, etc. This thread is not about what will happen in 1 or 2 years. You're not being a realist btw, you're being an extreme pessimist (like most bharatis - well let's not call it pesmissm, it's more like ego inflation and making one feel better about themselves).

Also, again, I don't care what WB or IMF or whatever predicts about Pakistan. They've always made predictions about all countries in the world, and they're wrong more often than not. Especially about Pakistan. They're not factoring in things such as WoT winding down and ending, Zardari going, etc.

DELETE---Doh nevermind.. addressed the wrong person. sorry..

Back
Top Bottom