What's new

China declares Pakistan has a future Economic power

Below chart shows Pakistan's growth rate in 2004 about 9% while your graph show it around 7%.

Pakistan_gdp_growth_rate.svg

Please note:
1.the first chart is sourced from World Bank (an International body).
2.the second chart is sourced from BoS, GoP (an internal body).
which one is more credible..........

There is not a single sane Pakistani economist or majority of Pakistani businessmen who are not complaining that China is sucking the blood out of Pakistani economy. Not only do they have a free reign of exporting anything to Pakistan while severally restricting Pakistani imports ( see the ridiculous trade imbalance). But every project started by Chinese in Pakistan has Pakistan being taken to the bank by the Chinese e.g. Pakistan industries are not allowed close to the project ( majority has to be run by Chinese companies) but then Pakistan pays not just PRINCIPLE + INTEREST BUT they have to pay royalties for decades and a portion of any profits made if that is the case.

there are many Pakistani indigenous industries that have been wiped out by chines dumping of cheap products on Pakistan. because the Pak govt. is to scared to challenge China, the public has no clue about this besides Pak economist and business men. I don't hold china responsible though- if you allow them to do a tainted milk on your economy then its your fault...

this is no Pak- Chini bhai bhai-- its Pak chini areeye Bhai? Sadly, India centric policies has Pakistani public and politicans measuring the relationship based on what their attitude is based on India, vs. growing your own economy and people. that's the honest truth _ like it or not.

:disagree:

indopakgdpgrowth.jpg

After 1992, Pakistan's growth rate never surpassed India's.

Data is from the World Bank.

That data chart is inaccurate. Pakistan's GDP in 2006-2007 was at least 7%. The WB data chart shows Pakistan's GDP for 2007 slightly higher than 5% which is incorrect.

With economic growth at 7.0 percent in 2006-07, Pakistan's real GDP grew at an average rate of 7.0 percent per annum during the past five years (2003-07), and over 7.5 percent in four years running (2004-07).

Source: http://www.accountancy.com.pk/newsgen.asp?newsid=1761

There is not a single sane Pakistani economist or majority of Pakistani businessmen who are not complaining that China is sucking the blood out of Pakistani economy. Not only do they have a free reign of exporting anything to Pakistan while severally restricting Pakistani imports ( see the ridiculous trade imbalance). But every project started by Chinese in Pakistan has Pakistan being taken to the bank by the Chinese e.g. Pakistan industries are not allowed close to the project ( majority has to be run by Chinese companies) but then Pakistan pays not just PRINCIPLE + INTEREST BUT they have to pay royalties for decades and a portion of any profits made if that is the case.

there are many Pakistani indigenous industries that have been wiped out by chines dumping of cheap products on Pakistan. because the Pak govt. is to scared to challenge China, the public has no clue about this besides Pak economist and business men. I don't hold china responsible though- if you allow them to do a tainted milk on your economy then its your fault...

this is no Pak- Chini bhai bhai-- its Pak chini areeye Bhai? Sadly, India centric policies has Pakistani public and politicans measuring the relationship based on what their attitude is based on India, vs. growing your own economy and people. that's the honest truth _ like it or not.

Ehh I agree with somethings your saying. China should not be allowed whatever it wishes to export to Pakistan, certain restrictions should be in place so cheap Chinese goods to over flood the market and drive Pakistani companies and business down.

while severally restricting Pakistani imports.

Elaborate please, how so...? If they restrict Pakistani imports then most likely it is a violation of the FTA signed by both Pakistan and China.

That data chart is inaccurate. Pakistan's GDP in 2006-2007 was at least 7%. The WB data chart shows Pakistan's GDP for 2007 slightly higher than 5% which is incorrect.

Source: Highlights of Economic Survey of Pakistan 2006-07 | Accountancy Finance and Economic News

The World Bank is considered an authoritative source on international economic matters. "Accountancy.com", whatever that is, is not.

Besides, it doesn't even affect my overall point, which is that Pakistan's GDP growth rate was never higher than India's after 1992. India's growth rate in 2007 was around 9%.

I think you are misinformed.
Chinese have always made joint ventures with local partners and have established production facilities to target local market.
While Pakistan's export industry have benefited great deal from imports of basic components from China.
In Pakistan trade is very much open.... with slight connections with ruling parties... any thing would land duty free but we cannot blame China for that.
Only damage being done not only to Pakistan's industry but also to infrastructure is by virtue of smuggling of Indian goods, under the guise of free transit facility for Afghanistan and India and trade with Dubai who virtually export only Indian goods to Pakistan.

The only complain about China i can have is that the tend to carry out construction contracts on their own.
I wish if China just keep the design part and sublet the detailed engineering and construction to Pakistani contractors.

Every neutral article I see about top 20 economy in X years, Pakistan NEVER features in top 20.

Every neutral article I see about top 20 economy in X years, Pakistan NEVER features in top 20.

It doesn't matter, all "neutral" articles show Pakistan to be way worse than it is, hence that filters into that. I mean how much Pakistan has achieved since its existence, they would've probably thought that Pakistan would've ceased to exist in like 10 years.

I mean Pakistan is already like 25 when it comes to GDP PPP.

It doesn't matter, all "neutral" articles show Pakistan to be way worse than it is, hence that filters into that. I mean how much Pakistan has achieved since its existence, they would've probably thought that Pakistan would've ceased to exist in like 10 years.

Why do you believe all neutral observers are against Pakistan..such that they will show pakistan in bad light ?

Why do you believe all neutral observers are against Pakistan..such that they will show pakistan in bad light ?

Well I don't know why - could be religion, could be Pakistan's nukes, etc - but the fact of the matter is that they've always predicted the worst things for Pakistan. Their predictions should not be taken seriously.

The World Bank is considered an authoritative source on international economic matters. "Accountancy.com", whatever that is, is not.

Besides, it doesn't even affect my overall point, which is that Pakistan's GDP growth rate was never higher than India's after 1992. India's growth rate in 2007 was around 9%.

You must think of WB as infallible, not everything they report is accurate. Here are official reports from the State Bank of Pakistan and Asian Development Bank that contradict WB's report of Pakistan economic growth rate of slight higher than 5% for 2007.

Pakistan’s economy witnessed a moderate
recovery during FY07 with real GDP growth
reaching the 7.0 percent target
, as compared
with 6.6 percent growth seen in FY06 (see
Figure 2.1). This is the fourth successive
year of sustained high growth in the
economy, with the average annual growth
accelerating to 7.0 percent during the FY03-
07 period. The continued strong performance
of the services sector made the major
contribution to the FY07 outcome

Source: Annual Report 2006-2007 - State Bank of Pakistan - The Central Bank

The economic performance of Pakistan continues
to improve, with gross domestic product
(GDP) growth of 5.1% in fiscal year (FY)2003,
6.4% in FY2004, and 8.4% if FY2005.3 Growth
in FY2006 was 6.6%, increasing to 7.02% in
FY2007 (to end June). Pakistan’s real GDP has,
therefore, grown at an average annual rate of
7.0% during the last five years (2003–2007)
and
more than 7.5% in the last four years (2004–
2007).4

Source: www.adb.org/documents/books/awdo/2007/cr08.pdf (Page 5)

My point is the WB Data chart is inaccurate.

Personally I am always skeptical of the IMF and WB as they economically entrap third world countries, with strict unpractical regulations that many third world countries just can't manage; and IMF and WB know many of those countries are desperate for funding...

Back
Top Bottom