What's new

China Civil Aviation Industry, Technology, Infrastructure: News & Discussions

Something to correct /clarify wrt the post @# 5

"The maiden flight of China's only homegrown commercial jet, the Comac C919"

ARJ-21-700 and MA60 precede C919 as China's homegrown commercial airplanes with smaller passenger carrying capacities than C919

ARJ-21-700 is the first homegrown commercial jet with max 90 passengers. Production certification has been awarded recently

China's first made passenger jet | Page 7

MA60 is the first homegrown commercial turbo-prop airplane with max 60 passengers.

Other "Made in China" business/personal airplanes are:

Harbin AVIC Y-12 -
19 passengers
sold locally and overseas to
Chinese aircraft maker gets U.S. orders - Xinhua | English.news.cn
China to Export 4 Y-12 Aircraft to Russia for the First Time Ever

Harbin_Y-12F_aircraft_1.jpg

and more here:
Sales of Civil Aircraft

b. First flight is further pushed back by half a year to first half year of 2016

"The narrow-body aircraft, which will be able to carry 156 to 168 passengers and aims to compete with the Airbus A320 and Boeing 737, was originally scheduled to fly by the end of this year, but two sources said it will be delayed until the first half of next year.

China's Comac to delay C919 first flight"

c. delivery is further pushed back by 1-2 years to on or before 2020 from a revised tentative date of 2018/2019

"The plane's first delivery to customers, planned for 2016, may also be delayed, the paper cited the official as saying.

But Wang Ya'nan, deputy editor-in-chief of Aerospace Knowledge magazine, expected a longer delay.

"The earliest time for its delivery to buyers is likely to be in 2018 or 2019," Wang said, according to the paper, adding that authorities in China and abroad would need two to three years to certify its airworthiness.

China Comac Delays First C919 Flight - Business Insider "

There are also many things which are out of Comac's direct control like the delivery of important parts from overseas suppliers and to deal with problems and corrections during process of certifications

As experienced as Boeing and Airbus, they have to overcome various delays in their projects:

Boeing 787 Dreamliner: a timeline of problems - Telegraph

Airbus May Delay First Flight of A320neo With Pratt & Whitney Geared Turbofan Engine - 24/7 Wall St.

Late Engine Issue May Cause A320neo First Flight Delay | Commercial Aviation content from Aviation Week

Questions Remain About First Flight Of A320neo With Pratt Engine - Hartford Courant

Japan's MRJ faces delay too

MRJ first flight delayed to Q2 2015 - 8/22/2013 - Flight Global

All the best Comac C919: safety and quality above all else!

images

Tianjin Figurine Zhang - Tianjin

Quality is indeed very important, because if the reputation is damaged once, it becomes very difficult to bring it back.

Old news but additional info on C919 using China's 3D technology:

China prints a 3-meter Wingspar in Titanium - SolidSmack

Researchers at the State Key Laboratory of Solidification Processing, Northwestern Polytechnical University have been experimenting with 3D printing since 1995. And just recently they announced that they had printed a huge 3 meter wingspar out of titanium, strong enough to meet standards for aerospace use. Colour us impressed – to my knowledge, no one has created pieces that big, ever. Concrete or plastic, yes. Titanium? Oh my goodness.

One of the key industries that 3D printing is being used in as a direct-to-manufacture technique is aerospace. Weight reduction without sacrificing safety is the name of the game – 3D Printing has changed the game completely. Internal lattice structures, un-millable shapes and topological optimization are just a few of the most common ways airplanes can become lighter. Even the smallest weight reduction can save airlines millions of dollars. According to Wired Magazine, for every 25 gram packet of peanuts that is left on the ground, American Airlines saves $2,000 per year. No wonder those dinky bags are so small.'

9f3f326c-67ed-46be-a5de-6813c82474e9.Full_-600x298.jpg

Right now I bet you’re asking ‘as-if they’re going to use that spar’. Well yes they are. It is expected to be installed in the new Comac C919 passenger airplane (above) in 2014 and flying by 2016. Lab director Huang Weidong had all this to say.

Modern aerospace industry has stringent requirements, so complex additive manufacturing processes must be developed to meet to ensure that products can achieve the robust performance levels established by traditional manufacturing methods…..Furthermore, aerospace parts have often complex structure, it could cost thousands or millions dollars to raplace the damage parts. LAM can be employed in repairing these metal parts without changes the preformance and it can save our time and cost significantly.

Seems like a challenge has been laid down to US and EU manufacturers. Otherwise, it’s meep meep.

A Sneak Peak at First COMAC C919__Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd.
Last Updated (Beijing Time):2015-09-09 Source:WCARN.com

W020150909349307802828.jpg

The Commercial Aircraft Corp of China (COMAC) isn't scheduled to roll out its first C919 aircraft off the assembly line until the end of this year, but several images of the new plane were revealed Monday by a source familiar with the matter via WeChat.

As China's first self-developed large passenger aircraft, the C919 is now under general assembly in Shanghai. The body docking has been completed and the mobile system is being installed, local media reported.

The narrow-body aircraft, which is designed to carry 156-168 passengers and compete with the Airbus A320 and Boeing 737, was originally scheduled to fly by end-2015. But sources said the maiden flight would be delayed to the first half of 2016, with its delivery pushing back as much as two years to 2020.

Take a sneak peek at the first C919 aircraft.

W020151010631477921091.jpg

A Sneak Peak at First COMAC C919__Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd.
Last Updated (Beijing Time):2015-09-09 Source:WCARN.com

W020150909349307802828.jpg

The Commercial Aircraft Corp of China (COMAC) isn't scheduled to roll out its first C919 aircraft off the assembly line until the end of this year, but several images of the new plane were revealed Monday by a source familiar with the matter via WeChat.

As China's first self-developed large passenger aircraft, the C919 is now under general assembly in Shanghai. The body docking has been completed and the mobile system is being installed, local media reported.

The narrow-body aircraft, which is designed to carry 156-168 passengers and compete with the Airbus A320 and Boeing 737, was originally scheduled to fly by end-2015. But sources said the maiden flight would be delayed to the first half of 2016, with its delivery pushing back as much as two years to 2020.

Take a sneak peek at the first C919 aircraft.

W020151010631477921091.jpg

I hope it can be rolled out by end of the month.

Old news but additional info on C919 using China's 3D technology:

China prints a 3-meter Wingspar in Titanium - SolidSmack

Researchers at the State Key Laboratory of Solidification Processing, Northwestern Polytechnical University have been experimenting with 3D printing since 1995. And just recently they announced that they had printed a huge 3 meter wingspar out of titanium, strong enough to meet standards for aerospace use. Colour us impressed – to my knowledge, no one has created pieces that big, ever. Concrete or plastic, yes. Titanium? Oh my goodness.

One of the key industries that 3D printing is being used in as a direct-to-manufacture technique is aerospace. Weight reduction without sacrificing safety is the name of the game – 3D Printing has changed the game completely. Internal lattice structures, un-millable shapes and topological optimization are just a few of the most common ways airplanes can become lighter. Even the smallest weight reduction can save airlines millions of dollars. According to Wired Magazine, for every 25 gram packet of peanuts that is left on the ground, American Airlines saves $2,000 per year. No wonder those dinky bags are so small.'

9f3f326c-67ed-46be-a5de-6813c82474e9.Full_-600x298.jpg

Right now I bet you’re asking ‘as-if they’re going to use that spar’. Well yes they are. It is expected to be installed in the new Comac C919 passenger airplane (above) in 2014 and flying by 2016. Lab director Huang Weidong had all this to say.

Modern aerospace industry has stringent requirements, so complex additive manufacturing processes must be developed to meet to ensure that products can achieve the robust performance levels established by traditional manufacturing methods…..Furthermore, aerospace parts have often complex structure, it could cost thousands or millions dollars to raplace the damage parts. LAM can be employed in repairing these metal parts without changes the preformance and it can save our time and cost significantly.

Seems like a challenge has been laid down to US and EU manufacturers. Otherwise, it’s meep meep.

Nice info @Keel . Thanks!

Isnt COMAC C919 a collaboration with Bombardier C-100?

You came to join this forum just to bash China? Where does your hatred come from, boy?

You're wrong. I don't hate China. I think what China wants is clear. My message to China is why the hell do you people steal intellectual property from hard working people and duplicated and make it yours? That's stealing. I simply pointing out the flaws about China quality. Is that a problem? I do have a problem with people who don't have an open mind to listen and correct itself.

"does it fly" is a legitimate question. Simply, Chinese goods were never of high quality and trust worthy.

You're wrong. I don't hate China. I think what China wants is clear. My message to China is why the hell do you people steal intellectual property from hard working people and duplicated and make it yours? That's stealing. I simply pointing out the flaws about China quality. Is that a problem? I do have a problem with people who don't have an open mind to listen and correct itself.

"does it fly" is a legitimate question. Simply, Chinese goods were never of high quality and trust worthy.

Your concerns are currently being considered after your poignant reminder.

Isnt COMAC C919 a collaboration with Bombardier C-100?
No, I think that there is some commonality in the configuration of the cockpits, but otherwise the designs of the two aircrafts are completely different. The fuselage barrels of the CS are supplied by a Chinese manufacturer but they are narrower in cross section.

You are absolutely wrong about China only stealing. China do have lots of R&D and many product are hardwork of their own development. If its so easy to steal and made one, countries like India or Iran will not even struggle to make their own domestic system. Appearance proves very little of the fact, the one make by Chinese is a copy of others. Many internal system are indigenous and using China own developed technology.
Example, many claimed China HSR is copy of Japan, Germany and Canada. But asked yourself this simple question, Why the average speed of China HSR is much higher those? If its merely a copy with no input with China own technology, how the hell China HSR can travel much faster than Japan, Europe? Or you gonna say, just add a few screw and grease and China one will travel faster than the original one?

Back
Top Bottom