What's new

China City Bans Long Beards, Islamic Clothing on Buses: Report

Then once and for all a grand meeting of scholars should be held where it should be decided that no one should interpret the verses wrongly or he/she will be thrown out of Islam . Is not it a good Idea ?
Interpreting a verse wrong isn't the problem, it is when you know that you're wrong and continue to preach it that is the problem. Anyone who preaches the wrong thing, knowing full well that it is wrong, they have already kicked themselves out. There is no need to expel them, because Islam is a discretionary religion. You yourself decide if you are apart of the Muslim community or not.

You think the muslims in the future will became one group?Pan-Islamism will never achive success,sorry to say that,but that's a reality,A Malay and A Nigerian never can become one group,and nationalists will never treat Arabian above their national language,this is impossible.And Iran will never ally with Sunni-majority countries,also the Iranians have high national pride,ask any Iranian members here,can they accept the lead by Turkey or any other muslim countries?
Since you mention the Kazakhs,I tell you one of My Kazakh friend,his name is Kurman Han,he already give up Islam,and think Islam is the biggest threat to Kazakh culture(You can not agree with himn,but he influenced many Kazakh classmate),he is very fond of traditional Turkic and Altaic culture
1306180149ce694340671968d2.jpg

He wear the Manchu helmet and armour
20115166545380091.jpg

He and his girlfriend(a Han)
【库尔曼年度作品】库尔曼南北朝明光铠!第二季·别姬_冷兵器吧_百度贴吧
There is no such thing as Islamic world now and will never become a reality,like it or not.for Bangladeshi people,you should take care of yourselves,your national interests are more important than the so-called muslim ummah,the things happened in Nigeria and Palestine have nothing to do with you,and you can do nothing,and they don't care you neither

Let me just say a few things. I have a Nigerian brother as a close friend Masha-Allah. So I know how he feels about the Muslim world and he is from an influential and elite family.

And this Kazakh friend of yours is from Northern Xinjiang near Altai City? As you know I have been there. I know how they are somewhat. Most Uighurs and Kazakhs I met in Xinjiang are heavy drinkers and are little into Islamic stuff. But I would suggest you to travel in rural areas of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan where I have been. You will see lots of little kids with skull caps and you will see every village has a shiny new mosque, built by the local rich businessmen or politician. Funny thing I saw in Almaty and Bishkek, most Hijab ladies are from Turkey. And Hijab ladies driving around in Almaty, where Islam seems to be in fashion with some of the urban educated elite, but its the opposite in Bishkek, the Hijab clad women are usually from rural areas. So it is hard to generalize. And Turkic and Altai culture does coexist with Islam among Turkic nations in Central Asia.

As for Palestine, Bangladesh does not recognize Israel as a country, that is how much it matters to us.

I don't know much about Malaysia, but I heard our Bangladeshi migrant workers are popular with local girls, many get married and have family and become citizen there.

And for more about my ideas about future of Muslim world you and @zxmint should read the conversation here in this thread:
The Muslim World | Medusa's Wreck! | Page 18

Let me just say a few things. I have a Nigerian brother as a close friend Masha-Allah. So I know how he feels about the Muslim world and he is from an influential and elite family.

And this Kazakh friend of yours is from Northern Xinjiang near Altai City? As you know I have been there. I know how they are somewhat. Most Uighurs and Kazakhs I met in Xinjiang are heavy drinkers and are little into Islamic stuff. But I would suggest you to travel in rural areas of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan where I have been. You will see lots of little kids with skull caps and you will see every village has a shiny new mosque, built by the local rich businessmen or politician. Funny thing I saw in Almaty and Bishkek, most Hijab ladies are from Turkey. And Hijab ladies driving around in Almaty, where Islam seems to be in fashion with some of the urban educated elite, but its the opposite in Bishkek, the Hijab clad women are usually from rural areas. So it is hard to generalize. And Turkic and Altai culture does coexist with Islam among Turkic nations in Central Asia.

As for Palestine, Bangladesh does not recognize Israel as a country, that is how much it matters to us.

I don't know much about Malaysia, but I heard our Bangladeshi migrant workers are popular with local girls, many get married and have family and become citizen there.

And for more about my ideas about future of Muslim world you and @zxmint should read the conversation here in this thread:
one Nigerian is not enough,I can tell you,I have met many muslims(Chinese,Iranian,Arabs and so on),most of them are racist toward the black muslims,you can not deny that.And I should admit(I know it's wrong),I don't want to live with blacks neither,so I never communicate with black muslims and don't know their feeling,but at least I know many non-black muslims are very racist toward the black muslims.And what about the Iranian view on Arabs?The light skinned ones look on dark skinned ones
Nationalism is more popular in central asia,many consider themselves "muslims",but they consider themselves Kazakhs,Kyrghizians,Turkmens etc first,then Turks,then muslims,unlike meny people consider themselves muslims first,things are different in central asia,so central asia will never be part of political Islamic world
Do the Palestine Arabs care you?You didn't recognize Israel,but you can do nothing,and the local Arabs will not come to help you either.
I know the feeling of muslim ummah may still strong in some muslims,but that not means the ummah has a political sense,and every country in this world(dunya) will judge their relation with another country based on national interests,religion has nothing to do with it,for example,China with muslim countries
Allies:Pakistan,Sudan,and I think in the future Indonesia
good or normal relation:most muslim countries
bad relation:Gambia
And you can see,we have different relation with different muslim countries,our ally relation with Pakistan is based in national interests,can not changed in near future

one Nigerian is not enough,I can tell you,I have met many muslims(Chinese,Iranian,Arabs and so on),most of them are racist toward the black muslims,you can not deny that.And I should admit(I know it's wrong),I don't want to live with blacks neither,so I never communicate with black muslims and don't know their feeling,but at least I know many non-black muslims are very racist toward the black muslims.And what about the Iranian view on Arabs?The light skinned ones look on dark skinned ones
Nationalism is more popular in central asia,many consider themselves "muslims",but they consider themselves Kazakhs,Kyrghizians,Turkmens etc first,then Turks,then muslims,unlike meny people consider themselves muslims first,things are different in central asia,so central asia will never be part of political Islamic world
Do the Palestine Arabs care you?You didn't recognize Israel,but you can do nothing,and the local Arabs will not come to help you either.
I know the feeling of muslim ummah may still strong in some muslims,but that not means the ummah has a political sense,and every country in this world(dunya) will judge their relation with another country based on national interests,religion has nothing to do with it,for example,China with muslim countries
Allies:Pakistan,Sudan,and I think in the future Indonesia
good or normal relation:most muslim countries
bad relation:Gambia
And you can see,we have different relation with different muslim countries,our ally relation with Pakistan is based in national interests,can not changed in near future

There is no denying of racism, it is not just with Muslims, rather I consider it a common human condition, pretty much every "race" is "racist" towards another "race" or ethnic group, its just a matter of degree and extent.

Personally I am not racist towards black Muslims, and I have a good friend, a Nigerian Muslim as I mentioned. I also have black friends, American and immigrant from Africa, who are not Muslim.

What you see among Central Asians is a result of 70+ years of communist brainwashing. They erased much of their culture and gave them this new idea of nationalism, based on some old feelings which was already there. But nationalism has been one of the universal and potent tools to divide and rule Muslims. So nothing different here in Central Asia. Central Asia is now a part of Russian sphere of influence. They will join other spheres of influence only when they see tangible benefit for such moves, not before that.

I am not particularly interested to promote Ummah, Khilafa or political Islam, my thing is about increasing relations between Muslim majority countries on a nation-state and people to people level, so there is more and more economic and military relations between these countries. It is as simple as that. And this increasing relations will not have to be at the expense of relations with some other powerful country such as USA or China.

I wish China good luck to pursue good relations with all Muslim countries, I have nothing against it, in fact, I rather encourage it.

If you are not a Muslim, it would be difficult for you to judge or understand what level of fellow feeling there exists between different ethnic groups of Muslims. It is even difficult for Muslims themselves, whose world is limited mainly to their own ethnic group, if they are living in their own home country. But for people who live abroad, they have more exposure and opportunity to meet Muslims from different ethnic groups, in or outside Mosques. So globalization today when people are traveling and living in other countries, this is also affecting Muslims as they meet and become more familiar with Muslims of different ethnic groups. It also exposes people's biases and prejudice much more than before.

So it is really difficult to predict how things will turn out in the future. I have my own predictions based on my theories, but I could very well be wrong, time will tell us everything and will show us the way forward. But one thing I know is that the past was not like the present and future will also be not like the present. Change is the only constant.

Last edited:

Sorry to burst your bubble, in Malaysia, the Banglas (a derogatory term in Malaysia) are mostly labour workers. And no one gives a fack to them.

edit:
If you thumb me down, the least you can do is to rebutt me, which you can't, coz you know nothing over here, nor you know how the locals see "them". Who're you trying to fool saying the Banglas are tapping the locals? LOL. Some of you're definitely suffering from delusional disorder.

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble, in Malaysia, the Banglas (a derogatory term in Malaysia) are mostly labour workers. And no one gives a fack to them.

edit:
If you thumb me down, the least you can do is to rebutt me, which you can't, coz you know nothing over here, nor you know how the locals see "them". Who're you trying to fool saying the Banglas are tapping the locals? LOL. Some of you're definitely suffering from delusional disorder.

I did not thumb you down, I can't because I am not a Think Tank Analyst. It was Indos from Indonesia.

What makes you so upset and hostile? These Muslims I am sure are not going around marrying from your ethnic group, Malaysian Chinese or are they? Some Muslims are marrying other Muslims, why it bothers you so much?

20,000 foreigners married locals | Daily Express Newspaper Online, Sabah, Malaysia.

"Kota Kinabalu: Almost 20,000 Muslim foreigners comprising Filipinas and Indonesians married Muslim locals since 2000, according to Sabah Islamic Religious Affairs Department (Jheains) - a factor attributed to the increasing population in Sabah.

Its principal assistant director for administration division cum Registrar for Marriages, Divorces and Reconciliation, Baharuddin Alwi, said 19,781 Muslim foreigners were recorded as marrying the locals during the period.

However, he said, the statistics also showed more foreign women opted to marry local men in Sabah (10,922) compared to 8,859 foreign men marrying local women in the same period.

"The number of Muslim foreign women marrying local men in the State surged from 222 people in 2000 to 1,302 in 2012.

"Although there were increases and decreases in between the 12 years period, the overall statistics did show a gradual climb in registration of marriages between Malaysian men and foreign women in Sabah," he said.

Baharuddin was testifying as the 78th witness at the hearing of Royal Commission of Inquiry on huge presence of illegal immigrants in Sabah, here, Wednesday.

Foreign men who married Malaysian women, he said, came from Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Philippines and Indonesia, among others."

Well, now you included the Afghanistan, Algeria, Philippines and Indonesia, among others, that would be more fair if you put it that way, not solely Bangladesh. Keep in mind, there are a lot of aboriginals in East Malaysia (non-Malay).

Science in the Quran?
Surely you’re joking

What Muslims do is the opposite: they have the “theory” that their Qur’an is Allah’s direct word (which was revealed and passed on to Muhammad’s mind, then dictated by him and written in the Qur’an), and then they try to find the data that — they think — support their theory. That’s an entirely unscientific endeavor. By doing so they show that they don’t understand science, the subject that they try to subjugate under their religious yoke.
Please read this link...And I am an agnostic Muslim

Science in the Qur’an? Surely you’re joking, Mr. Muslim!
What is an Agnostic Muslim? A muslim is either a muslim or an apostate nothing in between.

I did not thumb you down, I can't because I am not a Think Tank Analyst. It was Indos from Indonesia.

What makes you so upset and hostile? These Muslims I am sure are not going around marrying from your ethnic group, Malaysian Chinese or are they? Some Muslims are marrying other Muslims, why it bothers you so much?

20,000 foreigners married locals | Daily Express Newspaper Online, Sabah, Malaysia.

"Kota Kinabalu: Almost 20,000 Muslim foreigners comprising Filipinas and Indonesians married Muslim locals since 2000, according to Sabah Islamic Religious Affairs Department (Jheains) - a factor attributed to the increasing population in Sabah.

Its principal assistant director for administration division cum Registrar for Marriages, Divorces and Reconciliation, Baharuddin Alwi, said 19,781 Muslim foreigners were recorded as marrying the locals during the period.

However, he said, the statistics also showed more foreign women opted to marry local men in Sabah (10,922) compared to 8,859 foreign men marrying local women in the same period.

"The number of Muslim foreign women marrying local men in the State surged from 222 people in 2000 to 1,302 in 2012.

"Although there were increases and decreases in between the 12 years period, the overall statistics did show a gradual climb in registration of marriages between Malaysian men and foreign women in Sabah," he said.

Baharuddin was testifying as the 78th witness at the hearing of Royal Commission of Inquiry on huge presence of illegal immigrants in Sabah, here, Wednesday.

Foreign men who married Malaysian women, he said, came from Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Philippines and Indonesia, among others."
Dont feel bad Kalu Miah. The fact is that labouers everywhere are looked down upon. South Asia mostly send labouers to Middle East where they are treated as 3rd rate people. Wthin India migrating labourers dont get respect. Philipina is a derogatry term in USA like Bangla is in Malaysia. Religion has nothing to do with it. The best is to improve your economy that alone can give you respect. Nothing to hold against Malaysians, its universal.

Well, now you included the Afghanistan, Algeria, Philippines and Indonesia, among others, that would be more fair if you put it that way, not solely Bangladesh. Keep in mind, there are a lot of aboriginals in East Malaysia (non-Malay).
I heared many Malaysian Chinese marry the native east Malaysian girls,is this true?

Well, I did not put it that way, its your Malaysian govt. data/statistics reported by your Malaysian journalist, which I quoted, because you claimed that there is no such abomination as Bangladeshi marrying Malaysians. And I never claimed that its just Bangladeshi foreign migrant Muslims marrying Malaysians, it seems that people from a whole lot of other Muslim countries are marrying Muslim Malaysians, men and women. That fact does not contradict my statement at all.

Now what about aboriginals, you are talking about Orang Asli's, they are not Malaysian citizens? If anything they are indigenous natives to the land and the original natives of the area, why should we keep them in mind?

Come out of the hate and racism you hold in your petty little heart, its not good for your health.

Dont feel bad Kalu Miah. The fact is that labouers everywhere are looked down upon. South Asia mostly send labouers to Middle East where they are treated as 3rd rate people. Wthin India migrating labourers dont get respect. Philipina is a derogatry term in USA like Bangla is in Malaysia. Religion has nothing to do with it. The best is to improve your economy that alone can give you respect. Nothing to hold against Malaysians, its universal.

There is nothing for me to feel bad about racist South East Asian Chinese spewing their hatred against darker skinned "races", it just makes him look like a fool. Darker skinned "brown" Malaysians do not feel this kind of racism, like some of these South East Asian Chinese who are upset because of the Bumiputra treatment they get from the "inferior" brown skinned Muslims.

Migrant labors come from poorer sections of our society and that is true for all countries, so yes they don't get respect, that is universal. That is just the nature of things.

But marriages between Malaysians and Bangladeshi's is not limited to just among these migrant workers. I personally know of some cases, a close friend of mine is married to a Malaysian girl classmate from a US Univ who I invited over to my house for dinner. Another daughter of a one of biggest newspaper owner family in Dhaka I know, got married to a Malaysian Diplomat's son. So it is across the board. This is just from my own circle of people I know.

Back
Top Bottom