What's new

China City Bans Long Beards, Islamic Clothing on Buses: Report

@kalu_miah

Your views are extreme in another way. Islam is a unifying force, yet it is also divisive, as all things are, two sides to one coin. The invasion of Iraq or Afgan, they started in the Saudis and Kuwait, a Muslim nation, and the forces on that land is USA, perhaps not as purely christian as they once were, but they still swear on the bible.

There is no relationship between Muslim nations and China. Period.

There is between Pakistan and China, Bangledesh and China, Middle East and China as well as Africa, Turkey.... and China.

Also we don't oppress anybody, we don't have so much free time you see. Why do you think those "minorities" areas are poor. The rich parts are China proper, the heart of the Chinese empires for 2000 years. Rich culturally, historically, and financially, even before today.

It's not like we left the minorities area to themselves, it's far faster to add fuel to the fire than starting a new one.

China is not conducting cultural and religious genocide, the reason is simple, we call that moving forward. Do we the Han Chinese resemble the Hans of old? Do the English? The French? We all moved forward, this is not a dig at you or Muslims, but facts are for all to see, time is merciless, you move forward or perish, we refused to before and the humiliation started.

But look at it this way, if you truly consider all Muslims brothers and Sisters, be happy, that the Hui, Uyhgurs and more are in prominent positions of power within the world power that is China, they can exert influence and power through all corners of the world, and that will only increase as time goes on.

So in a very real sense, the same Muslims you consider oppressed are also the strongest in the world.

@kalu_miah

Your views are extreme in another way. Islam is a unifying force, yet it is also divisive, as all things are, two sides to one coin. The invasion of Iraq or Afgan, they started in the Saudis and Kuwait, a Muslim nation, and the forces on that land is USA, perhaps not as purely christian as they once were, but they still swear on the bible.

There is no relationship between Muslim nations and China. Period.

There is between Pakistan and China, Bangledesh and China, Middle East and China as well as Africa, Turkey.... and China.

Also we don't oppress anybody, we don't have so much free time you see. Why do you think those "minorities" areas are poor. The rich parts are China proper, the heart of the Chinese empires for 2000 years. Rich culturally, historically, and financially, even before today.

It's not like we left the minorities area to themselves, it's far faster to add fuel to the fire than starting a new one.

China is not conducting cultural and religious genocide, the reason is simple, we call that moving forward. Do we the Han Chinese resemble the Hans of old? Do the English? The French? We all moved forward, this is not a dig at you or Muslims, but facts are for all to see, time is merciless, you move forward or perish, we refused to before and the humiliation started.

But look at it this way, if you truly consider all Muslims brothers and Sisters, be happy, that the Hui, Uyhgurs and more are in prominent positions of power within the world power that is China, they can exert influence and power through all corners of the world, and that will only increase as time goes on.

So in a very real sense, the same Muslims you consider oppressed are also the strongest in the world.

Not sure in what way you find my views extreme, may be it is because I want to see a more unified Muslim world?

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are monarchies and I don't want to bad mouth our esteemed brothers here, but the Royals there are hardly the standard bearer for the Muslim world today, if anything it was some of their ancestors who were active in breaking Ottoman empire, the last unified Muslim state.

You are free to view the world and have your Chinese perspective of things to pursue your national interest, that is your birth right and I have no objection to that, but at the same time you should have no objection to others who want to pursue their own group interest for the future well being of their group.

I never said China was conducting cultural and religious genocide, in fact I am quite supportive of Chinese govt. actions in most cases. All I am saying is that we Muslims should not be afraid to criticize Chinese govt. if we feel that some Chinese minorities are being treated unfairly. You may think it is interference in your internal matters, but we as human beings and Muslims have an obligation to speak out against any injustice that we see anywhere.

If you are not getting what my message is to the Muslim world, yes I also want Muslim world to move forward, develop etc., but I feel that if they team up and had more unity, it would help us actually move forward much faster than our individual efforts.

As for the Hui, Uyghurs and other Chinese minority Muslims, I have visited Xinjiang and spent time with them and have many friends there. I know they have a relatively good life and they are making progress with a high growth economy in China. We want to see our brothers doing well in China, so they can build a stronger bridge between China and Muslim world. So no I do not consider them oppressed, rather I see them as assets for the Muslim world who will help us keep China closer to the Muslim world and keep China from getting closer to our enemies.

The occasional problems that the Chinese minorities face today, I know will go away eventually as China becomes a more developed and prosperous country where all Chinese including the minorities will become richer and live in more culturally inclusive environment in the future.

kalu miah is a radicalized muslim who went to china to spread hatred against proper chinese , expect a few terror attacks in future. bangladeshis are total nuisance , they have radicalized our whole north east and are involved in serious crimes such as women trafficking .

Bad move, if true. The more you try and suppress something, the more prevalent it will become (similar to streisand effect). This isn't just targeting extremists, this is targeting regular folk. Extremists don't have a qualm about shaving their beards, because shaving helps them blend in and commit crime easily, so the only ones that are really hurt by this is the common man.

It also gives the separatists more propaganda, and legitimizes their claim that Muslims are being persecuted by Chinese authorities.

Again, if this is all true.

the distinction between "regular folks" and "extremists" is exclusively a state prerogative.

in fact, the whole being a Muslim must be mediated by the state. in Pakistan, muslimhood is mediated and defined by the Pakistani state and your state defines and subsequently targets "extremists", and you have to admit that defining part is at least as deadly and lethal as the targeting part.

and in china, it is the Chinese state that defines what constitutes muslimhood, how to be a muslim, who is a regular muslim and who is not and deserves to be put to death. any self-branding muslim who tries to seize the initiative, be he a Chinese or Pakistani or Saudi or some grand mullah or even mohammad himself, is an enemy of the Chinese state (and a traitor and rebel if he holds Chinese citizenship).

Banning long beards? Is this news even true? Ancient Chinese poets used to have long beards.

Chinese scholars kept long beard as a sign of Confucian fealty. turkics wear long beard as a sign of rebellion. just like Chinese use machetes to cut watermelons and the panturk terrorists use machetes to assassinate innocents, so the Chinese have to cut down panturkics like watermelons. again, the state gets to decide who gets to legitimately wear a beard and who gets a death penalty for doing the very same.

There is no denying of racism, it is not just with Muslims, rather I consider it a common human condition, pretty much every "race" is "racist" towards another "race" or ethnic group, its just a matter of degree and extent.

Personally I am not racist towards black Muslims, and I have a good friend, a Nigerian Muslim as I mentioned. I also have black friends, American and immigrant from Africa, who are not Muslim.

What you see among Central Asians is a result of 70+ years of communist brainwashing. They erased much of their culture and gave them this new idea of nationalism, based on some old feelings which was already there. But nationalism has been one of the universal and potent tools to divide and rule Muslims. So nothing different here in Central Asia. Central Asia is now a part of Russian sphere of influence. They will join other spheres of influence only when they see tangible benefit for such moves, not before that.

I am not particularly interested to promote Ummah, Khilafa or political Islam, my thing is about increasing relations between Muslim majority countries on a nation-state and people to people level, so there is more and more economic and military relations between these countries. It is as simple as that. And this increasing relations will not have to be at the expense of relations with some other powerful country such as USA or China.

I wish China good luck to pursue good relations with all Muslim countries, I have nothing against it, in fact, I rather encourage it.

If you are not a Muslim, it would be difficult for you to judge or understand what level of fellow feeling there exists between different ethnic groups of Muslims. It is even difficult for Muslims themselves, whose world is limited mainly to their own ethnic group, if they are living in their own home country. But for people who live abroad, they have more exposure and opportunity to meet Muslims from different ethnic groups, in or outside Mosques. So globalization today when people are traveling and living in other countries, this is also affecting Muslims as they meet and become more familiar with Muslims of different ethnic groups. It also exposes people's biases and prejudice much more than before.

So it is really difficult to predict how things will turn out in the future. I have my own predictions based on my theories, but I could very well be wrong, time will tell us everything and will show us the way forward. But one thing I know is that the past was not like the present and future will also be not like the present. Change is the only constant.
I'm afraid you are wrong,the situation of Kazakhstan and Kyrghizstan is production of their nomadic lifestyle,they are nomads,their whole lives are with fight,fight other people,fight other tribes,died of fight is normal and honour in the past.The Uyghurs and Kazakh/Kyrghiz are very different,it's better chance for the Uyghurs effected by Islamic extremism,and the Huis are even more conservative,most Hui females I met wear burqa.Because the culture of Kazakh and kyrghiz is nomadic and Turkic,while the Uyghur and Uzbek culture is settled and Iranic,just like the dictator of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov said:""I have spoken about this in the past and again state: basically we are one people that speaks two languages: Tajik and Uzbek." (Jumaev 2001: 340)
Anyway,for Kazakhs and Kyrghizians,Their homeland was the source of conquerors of west asia and south asia,without these conquerors,there would be no Pakistan and Bangladesh.Current,China relation with these two countries are very good,for example,in 2011,there are 8,287 Kazakhstani students study in China,nearly same with Pakistan(8,516) and India(9,370),and compare their population number,you will find how deep the relation between China and Kazakhstan,many officials of Kazakhstan sent their children to China to study.And in Urumqi,you can see the merchants from central Asian countries,who brought the Chinese goods to central asia,though Urumqi is just a provincial capital and young city(builded in mid-18th century in Qing dynasty as a military fort),and it's history can't compare with those anciet cities in central asia:Samarkand,Bukhara,merv and so on,but it seems only Urumqi has the power and strength became cultural and ecomical center of central asia.
If Sino-Pakistan economical corridor successed(the Pakistani are the one more want it,the reason is well know,they want to develop their economy and improve the standard of people's lives),then Kashgar can became a economical hub for southern Xinjiang,Pakistan,Afghanistan,Iran and Tajikistan
Surely the Uyghurs as Chinese citizens will benefit from this
By the way,enjoy the song from Kyrghizstan
kyrgyz柯尔克孜族马背上的民族!!!—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

Last edited:
I'm afraid you are wrong,the situation of Kazakhstan and Kyrghizstan is production of their nomadic lifestyle,they are nomads,their whole lives are with fight,fight other people,fight other tribes,died of fight is normal and honour in the past.The Uyghurs and Kazakh/Kyrghiz are very different,it's better chance for the Uyghurs effected by Islamic extremism,and the Huis are even more conservative,most Hui females I met wear burqa.Because the culture of Kazakh and kyrghiz is nomadic and Turkic,while the Uyghur and Uzbek culture is settled and Iranic,just like the dictator of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov said:""I have spoken about this in the past and again state: basically we are one people that speaks two languages: Tajik and Uzbek." (Jumaev 2001: 340)
Anyway,for Kazakhs and Kyrghizians,Their homeland was the source of conquerors of west asia and south asia,without these conquerors,there would be no Pakistan and Bangladesh.Current,China relation with these two countries are very good,for example,in 2011,there are 8,287 Kazakhstani students study in China,nearly same with Pakistan(8,516) and India(9,370),and compare their population number,you will find how deep the relation between China and Kazakhstan,many officials of Kazakhstan sent their children to China to study.And in Urumqi,you can see the merchants from central Asian countries,who brought the Chinese goods to central asia,though Urumqi is just a provincial capital and young city(builded in mid-18th century in Qing dynasty as a military fort),and it's history can't compare with those anciet cities in central asia:Samarkand,Bukhara,merv and so on,but it seems only Urumqi has the power and strength became cultural and ecomical center of central asia.
If Sino-Pakistan economical corridor successed(the Pakistani are the one more want it,the reason is well know,they want to develop their economy and improve the standard of people's lives),then Kashgar can became a economical hub for southern Xinjiang,Pakistan,Afghanistan,Iran and Tajikistan
Surely the Uyghurs as Chinese citizens will benefit from this
By the way,enjoy the song from Kyrghizstan
kyrgyz柯尔克孜族马背上的民族!!!—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

Have you been to Kazakhstan or Kyrgyzstan? I spent much more time there than I spent in Xinjiang and have many friends there, some of whom consider me their family members. In fact I almost got married with a lady in one of these countries and for life partner my preference always has been nomad's rather than sedentary Uyghurs or Uzbeks. Among Hui's, I dated one girl one time, but for some reason I don't feel the same chemistry with them. May be it has to do with some tenuous possible ancestral connection with nomads who were similar to present day Kazakh or Kyrgyz, I don't know for sure. You can read more details here:
Rise of Islam in Bengal, role of migration

Chinese influence will definitely increase in Central Asia, but they will do whatever is needed to keep their sovereignty secure. They do not want to live under Russian or any other rule again, ever.

Improving Chinese relations with Central and West Asian countries, Sino Pakistan economic corridor, Kashgar and Urumqi becoming economic hubs for the region are all positive development, and I welcome them. It will help stabilize the region and perhaps remove the nuisance that we see in Afghanistan. It is in all of our interest to have an integrated Asian economy and remove as much barriers as possible for free flow of goods and services. When people have education and jobs, may be they will turn away from this senseless terrorism nonsense, that is currently happening in China, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Thanks for the video, it is a nice show of Kyrgyz horsemanship. Here is a video about a wedding in Kazakhstan, of a young couple from a well-to-do family in Almaty.
Islam in Kazakhstan

Please note how they are getting back to Islam in a measured way. They are not strong Muslims because of the communist rule, but yet they have attachment to Islam as a way of life of their ancestors. And you are right the nomads never were very strong on rituals, because of their nomadic lifestyle. But here is the funny thing, which you would know more than others, it is these nomads that spread Islam much more so than the sedentary ones, sometimes intentionally and often as unintended consequence of their conquests and empire building. Bangladesh is a perfect example of such a case, a result of wet rice cultivation project in Mughal ruled Bengal, the then bread basket of the empire:
The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204–1760

Last edited:
Have you been to Kazakhstan or Kyrgyzstan? I spent much more time there than I spent in Xinjiang and have many friends there, some of whom consider me their family members. In fact I almost got married with a lady in one of these countries and for life partner my preference always has been nomad's rather than sedentary Uyghurs or Uzbeks. Among Hui's, I dated one girl one time, but for some reason I don't feel the same chemistry with them. May be it has to do with some tenuous possible ancestral connection with nomads who were similar to present day Kazakh or Kyrgyz, I don't know for sure. You can read more details here:

Chinese influence will definitely increase in Central Asia, but they will do whatever is needed to keep their sovereignty secure. They do not want to live under Russian or any other rule again, ever.

Improving Chinese relations with Central and West Asian countries, Sino Pakistan economic corridor, Kashgar and Urumqi becoming economic hubs for the region are all positive development, and I welcome them. It will help stabilize the region and perhaps remove the nuisance that we see in Afghanistan. It is in all of our interest to have an integrated Asian economy and remove as much barriers as possible for free flow of goods and services. When people have education and jobs, may be they will turn away from this senseless terrorism nonsense, that is currently happening in China, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Thanks for the video, it is a nice show of Kyrgyz horsemanship. Here is a video about a wedding in Kazakhstan, of a young couple from a well-to-do family in Almaty.
Islam in Kazakhstan

Please note how they are getting back to Islam in a measured way. They are not strong Muslims because of the communist rule, but yet they have attachment to Islam as a way of life of their ancestors. And you are right the nomads never were very strong on rituals, because of their nomadic lifestyle. But here is the funny thing, which you would know more than others, it is these nomads that spread Islam much more so than the sedentary ones, sometimes intentionally and often as unintended consequence of their conquests and empire building. Bangladesh is a perfect example of such a case, a result of wet rice cultivation project in Mughal ruled Bengal, the then bread basket of the empire:
I have been to Xinjiang once,and been to Kanas,see the Tuvans and Kazakhs there,really beautiful place,but never been to Kazakhstan and Kyrghizstan,but I have many Kazakh friends,who have relatives in Kazakhstan(You know,the government of Kazakhstan welcomes the Kazakhs of other countries return Kazakhstan,so there are many Chinese Kazakh oralman in Kazakhstan),they say,in northern Xinjiang,the steppe is mountain steppe,while in Kazakhstan,you will see plain steppe,you will find no end of the groud.When those Kazakh friends know me is a Manchu,they all say feel some blood relation to us,and they feel close to us,I'm also a fan of their culture
Also I think China will never interfere in the internal affairs of other countries,so unlike Russia,they shouldn't fear us.
Alma-Ata=the father of apples,this place is famous for it's big apples,so get this name,the original name of this city is Verny(loyalty in Russian),and the tribe owned this land known as Alban,belong to elder juz(horde)

Could someone get rich by point out some longbeard guys or veiled women ?
I heard that there would be a bonus for that ?

I have been to Xinjiang once,and been to Kanas,see the Tuvans and Kazakhs there,really beautiful place,but never been to Kazakhstan and Kyrghizstan,but I have many Kazakh friends,who have relatives in Kazakhstan(You know,the government of Kazakhstan welcomes the Kazakhs of other countries return Kazakhstan,so there are many Chinese Kazakh oralman in Kazakhstan),they say,in northern Xinjiang,the steppe is mountain steppe,while in Kazakhstan,you will see plain steppe,you will find no end of the groud.When those Kazakh friends know me is a Manchu,they all say feel some blood relation to us,and they feel close to us,I'm also a fan of their culture
Also I think China will never interfere in the internal affairs of other countries,so unlike Russia,they shouldn't fear us.
Alma-Ata=the father of apples,this place is famous for it's big apples,so get this name,the original name of this city is Verny(loyalty in Russian),and the tribe owned this land known as Alban,belong to elder juz(horde)

I have been to Altai city, but Lake Kanas is further up north, I did not go up to Kanas. I went from Urumqi to Altai city by road and on the way saw many Kazakh Yurts (felt tents). At Altai city I had excellent dairy drink from Kazakh farmers, selling them directly in the main city center square. Its a nice little town, and we had a party at night with some Kazakhs and Uyghurs.

You know quite a bit about Kazakhs, I don't think there is another Chinese on this forum who know about Oralman, which means returnee:
Oralman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kazak Exodus - A Nation's Flight to Freedom

The book in the last link I read this years ago, you may find it interesting.

A close friend of mine is an Oralman Kazakh from Bayan Olgii, Mongolia. They are from Kereit or Kerey tribe. I have another close friend who is from Almaty (father of apples :) ). They are Naiman. And another Oralman Kazakh I met in Almaty was originally from Urumqi.

I forget how Almaty apples look like, but traditional indigenous apple from Bishkek and Issyk Kul lake area, just south of Almaty, are fairly small sized, but very tasty and natural/organic.

You can see both of these tribes exist in both Mongol and Kazakh confederation, they have common roots but difference is diverging historical background.

I have a 1/2 Manchu friend here in the US and he looks quite different than other Chinese, much bigger and wider bone structure. He told me that some Manchu's have Mongol blood as Mongols were part of the banner system. So I can see why some Manchu's may feel close connection to Central Asian Kazakhs and Kyrgyz.

You said Kazakhs in Northern Xinjiang are mountain steppe nomads, whereas Kazakhs in Kazakhstan are plains steppe nomads, this is true. Kyrgyz on the other hand are mountain nomads.

Looks like you take an interest towards Turkics, our resident Turkic hater iajj is not going to like it too much, I think. He already smells a Turkic in me:
China the Biggest Winner in US-Russian Confrontation | Page 6

Last edited:
I have been to Altai city, but Lake Kanas is further up north, I did not go up to Kanas. I went from Urumqi to Altai city by road and on the way saw many Kazakh Yurts (felt tents). At Altai city I had excellent dairy drink from Kazakh farmers, selling them directly in the main city center square. Its a nice little town, and we had a party at night with some Kazakhs and Uyghurs.

You know quite a bit about Kazakhs, I don't think there is another Chinese on this forum who know about Oralman, which means returnee:
Oralman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kazak Exodus - A Nation's Flight to Freedom

The book in the last link I read this years ago, you may find it interesting.

A close friend of mine is an Oralman Kazakh from Bayan Olgii, Mongolia. They are from Kereit or Kerey tribe. I have another close friend who is from Almaty (father of apples :) ). They are Naiman.

I forget how Almaty apples look like, but traditional indigenous apple from Bishkek and Issyk Kul lake area, just south of Almaty, are fairly small sized, but very tasty and natural/organic.

You can see both of these tribes exist in both Mongol and Kazakh confederation, they have common roots but difference is diverging historical background.

I have a 1/2 Manchu friend here in the US and he looks quite different than other Chinese, much bigger and wider bone structure. He told me that some Manchu's have Mongol blood as Mongols were part of the banner system. So I can see why some Manchu's may feel close connection to Central Asian Kazakhs and Kyrgyz.

You said Kazakhs in Northern Xinjiang are mountain steppe nomads, whereas Kazakhs in Kazakhstan are plains steppe nomads, this is true. Kyrgyz on the other hand are mountain nomads.

Looks like you take an interest towards Turkics, our resident Turkic hater iajj is not going to like it too much, I think. He already smells a Turkic in me:
China the Biggest Winner in US-Russian Confrontation | Page 6
Most Kazakhs live in China are Kereys(abak sub-branch) and naimans(tolegitay branch),in Mongolia,most are abak0Kereys with tolegitay-Nayman minority,while in China,with more Tolegitay-Nayman(65% 0f Chinese Kazakhs) and many Abak-Kereys,with some very few numbers of uaks and Albans.
This is me
130803125545a52d7055bc06eb.jpeg

130803131138ec0a13b24e025b.jpeg

When I'm still a kid
1308071739ca0ccb26a117eff9.jpg.thumb.jpg

Interpreting a verse wrong isn't the problem, it is when you know that you're wrong and continue to preach it that is the problem. Anyone who preaches the wrong thing, knowing full well that it is wrong, they have already kicked themselves out. There is no need to expel them, because Islam is a discretionary religion. You yourself decide if you are apart of the Muslim community or not.
No you need to kick them out from the religion so that general mass will not follow them. Otherwise non-muslim will see it in a different way.

Islam in Kazakhstan

Neither Kazakhs nor Kyrgyz played any role in the spread of Islam in the Indian subcontinent. The Persianized Mughals had nothing to do anything with the nomadic lifestyle anyways. Central Asian countries are actually a role models for religiously blinded countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan or Bangaldesh. The Soviet rule might have been brutal but it prevented them from being a failed backward state like Afghanistan.

Could someone get rich by point out some longbeard guys or veiled women ?
I heard that there would be a bonus for that ?
bonus is only for pointing out terrorists. Use your brain, dude, if you really have one.

No you need to kick them out from the religion so that general mass will not follow them. Otherwise non-muslim will see it in a different way.
You cannot kick someone out of a discretionary belief. It is not up to myself or anyother to decide if someone is a Muslim or not.

Back
Top Bottom