What's new

China becomes world's biggest exporter

As a history buff, I think it's more accurate to say that China has resumed its role as the world's biggest exporter; from antiquity through the Middle Ages - thousands of years - China's products were desired throughout the world (excluding the Americas, of course). Now the Chinese challenge is to avoid America's fate of de-industrialization, a result of the fact that the security, universality, and utility of the dollar made American capital more desirable than American products themselves.

China will benefit from watching America's experience from industrial "hollowing-out." There is hope that China's fate will be different. Despite all of the high-tech Taiwanese firms (i.e. Acer, TSMC, Asus, MediaTek, etc.), Taiwan is still one of the world's largest bicycle manufacturers.

Chinese people have a tendency to hold onto their businesses and market share; even if it's in bicycles (and don't say they're expensive high-tech Taiwanese mountain bikes; a bike is still low-tech in my view).

Giant Manufacturing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (捷安特) is a Taiwanese bicycle manufacturer which bills itself as the world's largest bicycle manufacturer. ..."

Almost in every China related post, your main attempt is to flame and derail the topic of the thread posting provocations for Chinese members and BS without any evidence so that you can defame China.

And despite being a Indian you licks the *** of chinese, what a looser.:bunny:

And despite being a Indian you licks the *** of chinese, what a looser.:bunny:

I don't mind if you say things that are true. However, for you to claim that China sells "fake and cheap stuff" (when the facts are clearly otherwise), it shows a reckless disregard for facts and an anti-China bias.

Your anger would be better spent by asking yourself: "why isn't India more developed and when will the Indian government become serious about modernization?" India's level of exports is strictly the responsibility of the Indian people, businesses, and government.

China's hard work, export volume, and improving living standards are based on the Chinese government's concern for her citizens and the people's industriousness. It has nothing to do with India.

Last edited:
What price, what goods. You get what you pay for.
The world like cheap goods, That is the truly fact, China is just cater to that.

But China also paid high costs for that. environment! destroy our environment just for US's paper money, Is it worth?

Last edited:
China becomes largest exporter of fake and cheap stuffs.

China is also the largest killer in the hole world, even Hitler is a saint when one compare him with chinese, who kills its own people in the name of Cultural Revolution 20 million chinese people killed by Mao, Great Leap Forward millions of chinese killed by communists, thousand of Tibetans and Uighur are get killed by chinese yearly.

Shame on the communist china, nothing to boast about at the cost of dead bodies of own people.:sick::sick:

You are wrong!

The largest killer in this world is democratic India, where 2,000,000 children die every year Two million slum children die every year as India booms | World news | The Observer, in addition to the death of hundreds of pregnant women every day InfoChange India News & Features development news India - Why 40,000 pregnant women die in UP every year ‘75 pregnant women die every day in UP ’.

Every 10-year India wipes off a population close to that of a Canada.

Compared with that atrocity, China is so inept and is absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
You are wrong!

The largest killer in this world is democratic India, where 2,000,000 children die every year Two million slum children die every year as India booms | World news | The Observer, in addition to the death of hundreds of pregnant women every day InfoChange India News & Features development news India - Why 40,000 pregnant women die in UP every year ‘75 pregnant women die every day in UP ’.

Every year India wipes off a population close to that of a Canada.

Compared with that atrocity, China is so inept and is absolutely nothing.

I'm totally shocked. I've never heard this information. I clicked on your link. I think I'm going to be sick.

I'm totally shocked. I've never heard this information. I clicked on your link. I think I'm going to be sick.

I'm truly sorry, buddy.

But that is a fact, a fact that hurts to any ordinary people, except callus a few from that very country… :angry:

Power Shift To China? America Loses Car Crown, Germany Loses As World's Top Exporter | Benzinga.com

"China's auto sales surged to reach record levels in 2009, underscoring China's importance to the global auto industry. Bob Lutz, General Motors' (NYSE:GRM) vice chairman says that the Chinese taste for vehicles will drive demand in the future.

According to Bob, China is a market which will ultimately be as big as the European market and the U.S. market combined.

Meanwhile, the new numbers from China's customs agency say the country's exports for 2009 were more than $1.2 trillion, slightly ahead of Germany.

Exports in December rose nearly 18 percent from a year earlier. At the same time, imports leapt nearly 56 percent. In addition to being the world's largest exporter, China is already the biggest auto market and steel maker.

The export growth helps China's quest to become the next global economic superpower has taken an important step forward."

I don't want to start a new thread. This is closely related to China's emergence as an economic superpower (i.e. world's largest exporter, world's largest auto market, etc.).

China consumers to overtake U.S. in a decade: Credit Suisse | Reuters

"China consumers to overtake U.S. in a decade: Credit Suisse

BEIJING (Reuters) -Household income in China surged in the last six years, especially for top earners, putting the country on track to eclipse the United States as the biggest consumer market in a decade, Credit Suisse said in a report on Tuesday."

I don't want to start a new thread. This is closely related to China's emergence as an economic superpower (i.e. world's largest exporter, world's largest auto market, etc.).

China consumers to overtake U.S. in a decade: Credit Suisse | Reuters

"China consumers to overtake U.S. in a decade: Credit Suisse

BEIJING (Reuters) -Household income in China surged in the last six years, especially for top earners, putting the country on track to eclipse the United States as the biggest consumer market in a decade, Credit Suisse said in a report on Tuesday."

eh~~~~~~~~~I am not sure of this, Chinese like rest money to bank not just because China don't have a good system of assurance medical. Chinese like make plan for the whole life even for something after death........some character determine what we will do......majority of us won't cost all the money we have even after assurance medical is perfect........
"China consumers to overtake U.S."is real a looooooooooong way to go....:coffee:

eh~~~~~~~~~I am not sure of this, Chinese like rest money to bank not just because China don't have a good system of assurance medical. Chinese like make plan for the whole life even for something after death........some character determine what we will do......majority of us won't cost all the money we have even after assurance medical is perfect........
"China consumers to overtake U.S."is real a looooooooooong way to go....:coffee:

I think they mean the aggregate Chinese consumer market compared to the total U.S. consumer market.

Welcome to KITA

"According to Credit Suisse, China’s private consumption which accounted for 5.4% of global private consumption in 2007 is expected to increase to 21.4% in 2020, overtaking the US to become the world’s largest consumer market.

The expansion of the Chinese consumer market has led to the expansion of the import market. In 2008, China’s imports amounted to 1 trillion 73.9 billion US dollars, accounting for 7.1% of the global import market. According to Global Insight, China will overtake the US in the global import market from 2016 and is expected to account for 20% of the global import market after 2020, providing a much larger market than the one that the US has provided thus far.

Chapter 2: China’s consumption map as seen through import statistics

1. China’s import volume of consumer goods

China’s import of consumer goods has increased since 2005 and surpassed 30 billion dollars in 2006. Since then, consumer goods import has continued to rapidly grow despite the global economic crisis. It reached 48. 8 billion dollars in 2008, a 23.2 % increase year-on-year compared to 42. 8 billion dollars in 2007. Although consumer goods import only account for around 4% of China’s total imports, in terms of size, it surpasses Korea’s total export to the US which stands at 46.4 billion dollars. It is also equivalent to 11.6% of Korea’s total export (422 billion dollars) and Korea’s total export to the ASEAN market (49.3 billion dollars)

Imports from the EU, US and Japan—the world’s three largest producers of high-end consumer goods—account for 56.4% of China’s total imports. From January to August of 2008, consumer goods import from the EU, US,ß and Japan recorded around 19.97 billion dollars, a 48.3% year-on-year increase. Based on the characteristics of imported consumer goods in China, the most popular categories were in the order of food, automobile, durable consumer goods and non-durable consumer goods. By item (HS 4 Unit), automobiles, mobile phones, and computers were major import items. Improvements in the quality of life of the Chinese people have led to increases in imports of dishwashers, kitchen goods, and sporting goods. In addition, when looking at the type of consumer goods largely imported by different provinces, food and durable consumer goods took up the lion’s share in the coastal areas while non-durable consumer goods and automobiles took up a large share in the inland areas."

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom