What's new

China and Pakistan will make a very attractive offer to Egypt regarding the JF-17

I know some PAF and PA officers who have been to Egypt. Their views on the Egyptian Armed forces skills, especially in maintenance.....were not complimentary.

With the JF17, PAF wants to keep a lot of the more high-tech bells and whistles stuff off the market. Its said stuff which makes it attractive to foreign buyers. Same problem with Al-Khalid Tank. PA was not willing to permit transfer of IBMS, advanced ERA and newer APFSDS. Which made the tank less attractive.
Sorry buddy, but every one here seems to know some Pakistani military officers!!!?

In one post you just contradicted yourself and supported my assertion. Egypt passed on the Floggers to the US and China btw....
Egypt does not operate the Mig-23, they had them from 1974 to 1975 and got rid of them.. So where is the contradiction but yours, saying that Egypt was operating the F-15s and Mig-23s now.. or are you lost in space and time and also in numbers..

Sorry buddy, but every one here seems to know some Pakistani military officers!!!?
You think it's surprising? A defense forum will attract a large number of enthusiasts and many of them would know military officers or have become enthusiasts because they are from a military family background. I would be surprised if they did not.

TOT could be an attraction for Egypt and if contract is done, it would be a reasonable in number of units.

Egypt does not operate the Mig-23, they had them from 1974 to 1975 and got rid of them.. So where is the contradiction but yours, saying that Egypt was operating the F-15s and Mig-23s now.. or are you lost in space and time and also in numbers..

Man....read my original post. Notice the h/o in front of the mig-23. And notice how the other types don't have that pre-fix. h/o = history of. Apologies for using that abbreviation, I should have made my point more clear. Secondly I already told you my mentioning the f-15 was a typo. Thirdly, I actually was agreeing with the article you posted. It made some very good points. Fourthly, don't be so argumentative for no reason.

Man....read my original post. Notice the h/o in front of the mig-23. And notice how the other types don't have that pre-fix. h/o = history of. Apologies for using that abbreviation, I should have made my point more clear. Secondly I already told you my mentioning the f-15 was a typo. Thirdly, I actually was agreeing with the article you posted. It made some very good points. Fourthly, don't be so argumentative for no reason.
Well, it was apparently a misunderstanding.. sorry for that..next time make it clearer please.. I am far from liking argumentation, I do prefer constructive discussions without getting personal. that is a point you should consider in the future.. cheers..

Any sources to back this up?
Do your search on the Egyptian airforce maintenance crews, they are mostly trained in the US..and not only the airforce, every other branches of the armed forces too.. so even on eastern platforms they have high standards for maintenance.. you need to look it up for yourself, the subject is too comprehensive for one or two sources..Anyway the rate of free-fall of Indian jets is quite alarming..

Very much doubt it. More MiG 35s, Rafales, and upgrades to the F-16 are the priority. We're already going to have enough problems throwing the MiG 35 into the mix so never mind another fighter from a completely different source.

Exactly my thoughts.

Thank you very much for confirming.

Do your search on the Egyptian airforce maintenance crews, they are mostly trained in the US..and not only the airforce, every other branches of the armed forces too.. so even on eastern platforms they have high standards for maintenance.. you need to look it up for yourself, the subject is too comprehensive for one or two sources..Anyway the rate of free-fall of Indian jets is quite alarming..
:lol:
Thanks for that thorough reply.

Instead, they should offer African and S.American Countries. Middle East is almost out of context now!

Well...if Egypt decide to buy few JF-17 then it's gonna be at least the Block3...THerefore not in this incoming 5 years at least... bc Having another type of aircraft with no full modern package to add in the arsenal will be stupid and meaningless...

Back
Top Bottom