What's new

China and Pakistan will make a very attractive offer to Egypt regarding the JF-17

THIS is not a JF17 cockpit i think.

About the title, the "very attractive offer" is most probably going to be a production/assembly line. (WHICH IF TRUE WILL INDICATE LARGE NUMBERS)
Most probably more ToT and weapons local manufacturing..

While the OP does post his fare share of "fake news" this may be credible. Look at the history of the composition of the Egyptian Air Force. Types from various sources....Mig-21/F-7, F-4, Mirage 2000, h/o Mig-23, F-15, Mirage V....

F-16 is backbone, Rafale to replace the Mirage... Mig-35 to replace some Mig-21s, I wouldnt be surprised to see Thunders at some point. Especially if they want local production. Already set a precedent with K-8 and China. For some reason the Egyptians like to have diverse inventory perhaps for political reasons. Kind of like India....

Typo I meant F-16 not F-15.

Ah, google translate the OP's link. It seems the article supports my line of thinking...
Of course coming from someone with little knowledge about what he is taking about.. a fare share of fake news has to be blamed on the media not on the OP, since those are not his own opinions.. Anyway Egypt does not operate the F-15, nor the Mig-23!!

They have been doing it for decades.. they have the infrastructure the know-how and the qualified Engineers, pilots and technicians to pull it off.. they are unique in that and very efficient at diversification in all their armed branches.. take a look at the western and eastern air-defences, or the eastern and western armoured weapons..Egypt has the biggest and best trained armed forces in Africa and the middle east..they are champions in integrating all of their weapon systems through their own C4Is and now IADS..

That was an unfair remark. They may have got a drubbing in 67 but gave the IDF a hard time in yom kepoor war. I think the Egyptians learnt from their mistakes so lets give them the benefit of the doubt. The fact that the juggernaut of the US supply line to the IDF makes it difficult for anyone to fight them is a different case altogether.
Regards
A

and most importantly Egypt is Part of Saudi alliance and they are friendly with Israel. Egyptian jets maybe fielded against Iran or Qatar( less likely).

but I agree, Egyptians are best of the bunch compared to rest of the Arab forces.

The difference with India, is that Egypt has better maintenance and spare parts manufacturing..
I cant comment on this or dont have the ability to decide which airforce has better facilities.

While the OP does post his fare share of "fake news" this may be credible. Look at the history of the composition of the Egyptian Air Force. Types from various sources....Mig-21/F-7, F-4, Mirage 2000, h/o Mig-23, F-15, Mirage V....

F-16 is backbone, Rafale to replace the Mirage... Mig-35 to replace some Mig-21s, I wouldnt be surprised to see Thunders at some point. Especially if they want local production. Already set a precedent with K-8 and China. For some reason the Egyptians like to have diverse inventory perhaps for political reasons. Kind of like India....

Typo I meant F-16 not F-15.

Ah, google translate the OP's link. It seems the article supports my line of thinking...
A Chinese source.. you have a problem with translating it, and posting the news.. anyway you are obviously trolling like usual.. with posts of no substance and wrong info, you just edited the F-15 to F-16 so you repeat the F-16 twice? and no mig-23.. that also show not much knowledge about the subject at hand..?

I know some PAF and PA officers who have been to Egypt. Their views on the Egyptian Armed forces skills, especially in maintenance.....were not complimentary.

With the JF17, PAF wants to keep a lot of the more high-tech bells and whistles stuff off the market. Its said stuff which makes it attractive to foreign buyers. Same problem with Al-Khalid Tank. PA was not willing to permit transfer of IBMS, advanced ERA and newer APFSDS. Which made the tank less attractive.

I cant comment on this or dont have the ability to decide which airforce has better facilities.
Well, you rarely hear any Egyptian fighters getting down, that is a good indicator..

Very much doubt it. More MiG 35s, Rafales, and upgrades to the F-16 are the priority. We're already going to have enough problems throwing the MiG 35 into the mix so never mind another fighter from a completely different source.
With all that and even a few SU-35s, there are at least a 100 Mig-21s and Mirage -5s to replace, Mirage 2000 is also getting old as well as the first batches of F-16s.. So the possibilities are quite hi, mostly with the JF-17 Block-3 or even 2 to start with, but keep in mind that the JF-17 of Egypt will be tailor made to Egyptian specs..

I think Saudi will pay for it?
KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Morocco and Egypt, and maybe Jordan and Sudan too among other Arab nations, have all showed interest for the JF-17.. there is no smoke without fire as the saying goes.. the new B version is very attractive.. and the Block 3 is going to be a killer..

This is the JF-17 cockpit.
The rest is probably the usual fake news from the OP...

View attachment 405898
And you started trolling now! you miss some attention little boy? we all know your hatred of the Arabs..why don't you go check the original news, they are in Chinese and you can translate it by yourself or ask some Chinese people to help you out if you can't use a translating medium..

Most probably more ToT and weapons local manufacturing..

Of course coming from someone with little knowledge about what he is taking about.. a fare share of fake news has to be blamed on the media not on the OP, since those are not his own opinions.. Anyway Egypt does not operate the F-15, nor the Mig-23!!

Read my post buddy. The f-15 was a typo. What can I say I have big fingers. Secondly, Egypt did for a short period of time operate mig-23.

A Chinese source.. you have a problem with translating it, and posting the news.. anyway you are obviously trolling like usual.. with posts of no substance and wrong info, you just edited the F-15 to F-16 so you repeat the F-16 twice? and no mig-23.. that also show not much knowledge about the subject at hand..?

Wow. It's called reading comprehension. Either that or English is your second language.

Read my post buddy. The f-15 was a typo. What can I say I have big fingers. Secondly, Egypt did for a short period of time operate mig-23.
You are funny.. big fingers.. cheers
As far as I know, when Egypt asked Russia to sell it some Mig-23 in 1973 it was refused.. it was sold to Syria after the war..

"Egypt became one of the first export customers when in 1974 bought eight MiG-23MS interceptors, eight MiG-23BN strikers and four MIG-23U trainers, concentrating them into a single regiment based at Mersa Matruh. By 1975 all Egyptian MiG-23s had been withdrawn from active duty and placed in storage due to the Egyptian foreign policy shifting towards the West and thus losing USSR support."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-23

There was no misreadings.. it was the truth and you did not like it.. cheers..

In one post you just contradicted yourself and supported my assertion. Egypt passed on the Floggers to the US and China btw....

Back
Top Bottom