What's new

China and India partners not opponents: Chinese premier

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
China and India partners not opponents: Chinese premier- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

BEIJING: China and India were not opponents but partners, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said here Tuesday at a meeting with visiting Indian Commerce
and Industry Minister Anand Sharma.

'Only if China and India achieve common development and prosperity could we have a real Asia century,' Wen said.

The Chinese premier added that China and India were large developing nations in Asia and the total population of the two countries accounted for 40 percent of the world, Xinhua reported.

'We share broad common interests,' he said.

Wen said his country would work with India to boost good-neighbourly friendship, increase coordination in major international issues, and expand cooperation in trade, investment and other sectors in line with the principles of mutual respect, equality and mutual benefits.

'This will help promote the continuous stable growth of China-India ties,' he said.

The premier asked Sharma to convey his greetings to Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi.

Sharma said the Indian leaders were devoted to strengthening the strategic cooperative partnership between the two countries.

'This accords with fundamental interests of the two peoples and is also conducive to the development of Asia and the world at large,' he said.

Sharma is in China on a visit at the invitation of China's Ministry of Commerce. He Tuesday attended the eighth meeting of the China-India joint group on economy, trade, science and technology.

One word:

LOL

(Based on what from Indian media and generals)

Coming from :usflag: yes, it'll sound like propoganda to you and you wish it would be. Because your goal is to use India to counter China so you don't get your ***** handed to you.

Looks like your goals in South Asia aren't happening anytime soon. :smitten:

India and China are indeed partners. In the past 65 years after the WWII, Chinese worked with Indians to prove that democracy kills development for poor nations.

Coming from :usflag: yes, it'll sound like propoganda to you and you wish it would be. Because your goal is to use India to counter China so you don't get your ***** handed to you.

Looks like your goals in South Asia aren't happening anytime soon. :smitten:

I wish every Indian would think the way you are thinking and you guys shake hands with China and I bet every other country of the region would join the club. Russia, China, India, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka can make an alliance similar to NATO and have common friends and enemies. Pakistan was Pro-American because of Afghan Invasion of Russia but now the pages of history has been turned. There isn't a single Pro-American country in the region but India is on the way of creating an anomely. Fcuk America out and lets make an alliance that no B@stard could think to counter with. But India has developed its own independent perspective and thats going to cost whole region.

Learn from Pakistan, we have lost a lot and gained nothing in the friendship of America. America is the meanest country on the face of the earth and you are going to find it at some stage. Better be careful now and support whole region. Better safe together than being alone.

I wish every Indian would think the way you are thinking and you guys shake hands with China and I bet every other country of the region would join the club. Russia, China, India, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka can make an alliance similar to NATO and have common friends and enemies. Pakistan was Pro-American because of Afghan Invasion of Russia but now the pages of history has been turned. There isn't a single Pro-American country in the region but India is on the way of creating an anomely. Fcuk America out and lets make an alliance that no B@stard could think to counter with. But India has developed its own independent perspective and thats going to cost whole region.

Hey
No Indian really thinks of China as an enemy but..... my grandfather told me when i was a kid. Chinese are bad, we fought a war with them, :blah:
Think about it., who started the Sino-Indian war, not long ago. And Tibet, Arunachal issue. I bet you, this is why our government doesn't show itself as china's allies. We have a threat from them. They started a war with us, what guarantee is there that they won't again.

Same with Pakistan. You started 3 wars with us. What guarantee is there that you won't again? Leave aside us 'illigeally occupying' kashmir. Who started bloody conflicts? wars?

India, China, Russia will make the 21st century turn into the Asian Century if these three were to be stronger than now.

India and China are indeed partners. In the past 65 years after the WWII, Chinese worked with Indians to prove that democracy kills development for poor nations.

Hehe. It's actually in equal parts cute and stupid, whereas I recall in the past it was a just a monopoly of one of the two.

Must be that new-found "Senior Member" halo at work, uh? You see I actually admire you SH. Despite being banned on a quarterly basis, you still claw your post count up to above 1000.

Hard work pays off, doesn't it?

Hehe. It's actually in equal parts cute and stupid, whereas I recall in the past it was a just a monopoly of one of the two.

Must be that new-found "Senior Member" halo at work, uh? You see I actually admire you SH. Despite being banned on a quarterly basis, you still claw your post count up to above 1000.

you are wrong. I usually got banned on a monthly basis.

Hey
No Indian really thinks of China as an enemy but..... my grandfather told me when i was a kid. Chinese are bad, we fought a war with them, :blah:
Think about it., who started the Sino-Indian war, not long ago. And Tibet, Arunachal issue. I bet you, this is why our government doesn't show itself as china's allies. We have a threat from them. They started a war with us, what guarantee is there that they won't again.

Same with Pakistan. You started 3 wars with us. What guarantee is there that you won't again? Leave aside us 'illigeally occupying' kashmir. Who started bloody conflicts? wars?

India, China, Russia will make the 21st century turn into the Asian Century if these three were to be stronger than now.

Tibet? What's wrong with you? There are no tibet issure, tibet is china's natioanl issue, india has nothing to do with this...:rofl:
And south tibet is a disputed land defined by the UN, we should solve these issure with negotiation.

Russia, China, India, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka can make an alliance similar to NATO and have common friends and enemies. lets make an alliance that no B@stard could think to counter with. Better safe together than being alone.

I suspect that within the next 50 years your suggestion may materialise. If I give China credit for anything it is their mature statesmanship and the rule by a party which looks at the big picture. In the future I forsee China taking a leading role to stabilise its neighborhood by engaging in dialogue and sorting out issues and creating a core alliance similar to that which you proposed. China has the political, economical and military muscle to take the lead in creating such a miltary and financial alliance in Asia :tup::china:

One word:

LOL

(Based on what from Indian media and generals)

I guess somewhere something is burning. :flame:

@topic:
I support the initiative. It might reduce the lack of trust between India and China.
There is a visible inease in western nations regarding China/India particularly. They assumed India will be doing things against China. But we, the evil sons of Chanakya, are more clever than they thought. :D
There is a certain rise of Asia be in China, India, Russia or any other nation in all spheres. And it is happening very fast. This is a cause of insecurity specially when all western designs are getting failed.

Last edited:

My tutoree is back! Say, how is the country of two? To be honest, I really admire your work too. Not easy satisfying both sides, is it?

Back
Top Bottom