What's new

China agrees to import rice from 17 mills in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
In India we prefer rice which doesn't stick together

That's fine.

But in East Asia we use chopsticks. So the rice has to be sticky, otherwise we'll have to pick it up one or two grains at a time and it will take hours to eat anything.

I found that if you put in a lot of sauce/curry, and use a round bowl (not those banana leaves) then you can scoop it fairly well using chopsticks.

That's fine.

But in East Asia we use chopsticks. So the rice has to be sticky, otherwise we'll have to pick it up one or two grains at a time and it will take hours to eat anything.

I found that if you put in a lot of sauce/curry, and use a round bowl (not those banana leaves) then you can scoop it fairly well using chopsticks.

We people in eastern part of India eat rice which is processed in a different way from North, West Or South India. These are sticky if you don't let the starch to be drained out.
Actually our office employees some Chinese professional, they don't have problem with these rice.

The type of rice that Indians eat is not the same type of rice that we eat.

Unless they are specifically growing our type of rice to export to us.

Indian rice is much harder to use with chopsticks because they do not stick together as much as our ones do. Don't you wonder why Indians use spoons/hands to eat rice, you can't pick up lumps of Indian rice with chopsticks, it will fall apart. Just try going to any Indian restaurant and using chopsticks.

I can understand your point of view. See it's all about cooking consistency and you know how to cook sticky rice so there could be no problem. More over I have been with many Philippines and Indonesia people. Their rice just looks brighter than Indian rice. But in quality wise these rice are very low quality variety in India. So it means we could help you with cutting short of Ur rice imports cost.

Way of eating is quite different subject. I really can't imagine eating Indian dishes with spoon its like driving car with eyes blind folded

We people in eastern part of India eat rice which is processed in a different way from North, West Or South India. These are sticky if you don't let the starch to be drained out.
Actually our office employees some Chinese professional, they don't have problem with these rice.

That sounds good. Is there a name for this type of rice?

Way of eating is quite different subject. I really can't imagine eating Indian dishes with spoon its like driving car with eyes blind folded

If you don't use spoons, do you use your hands?

I'm interested to try eating like this. I've been to Indian restaurants in Hong Kong, but they always give us spoons to eat with. Doesn't seem as authentic.

If I try cooking with Indian rice again I could try the hand squeezing method described by another member above. Though the curry we use is also quite different from South Asian curry, in China our curry is closer to the Southeast Asian type of curry.

That is a banana leaf restaurant. You are supposed to eat with your hand. You use your Right hand and squeeze the rice into a ball, then use your thumb to push it into your mouth.

Ohh, damn, don't describe the details. I have no problem eating rice balls with hands, but I can't stand squeezing rice, sauce, meat, even soup together with hands...

That's fine.

Philippines use Hands like Indians does if am not wrong. Chopsticks is a Japanese tradition later dominated Asian countries as well.

That sounds good. Is there a name for this type of rice?

If you don't use spoons, do you use your hands?

I'm interested to try eating like this. I've been to Indian restaurants in Hong Kong but they always give us spoons to eat with.

INDIAN_DIET.jpg
images (5).jpg
images (6).jpg

Try eating these with chopsticks. These are normal everyday food. And taste you get when u eat with hand is so amazing. It's like complete circle.

View attachment 354684 View attachment 354685 View attachment 354686

Try eating these with chopsticks. These are normal everyday food. And taste you get when u eat with hand is so amazing. It's like complete circle.
These kinds of food will never be popular in Mainland China.
We in a 10 million-people city, only have one authentic indian restaurant which is nearly empty all the time, the most unwelcome restaurant in IKEA Mall which has several hundred restaurants of all kinds of food from around the world.

If you can read Chinese, check people's online reviews of that restaurant, the number one theme is "diarrhoea' and "petition for thorough health check of the foreign chefs".

Ohh, damn, don't describe the details. I have no problem eating rice balls with hands, but I can't stand squeezing rice, sauce, meat, even soup together with hands...
LMAO....
I can't eat s**t-like food.

In Singapore, these Indian rice is used to cook Briani rice, either with mutton or chicken curry. Taste not bad, quite fluffy & loose, not sticky at all. Definitely cannot use chopstick like Chinese-Dragon said, unless you want to eat grain by grain, hahaha...

tiffin-bhavan-mutton-ribs-dalcha-ghee-rice-little-india-singapore.jpg
images (7).jpg

Check this one dude this rice taste great and very commonly available and affordable. It's not basmati we have lots of other variety for different purposes

We in a 10 million-people city, only have one authentic indian restaurant which is nearly empty all the time, the most unwelcome restaurant in IKEA Mall which has several hundred restaurants of all kinds of food from around the world.

If you can read Chinese, check people's online reviews of that restaurant, the number of theme is "diarrhoea' and "petition for thorough health check of the foreign chefs".

LMAO....
I can't eat shit-like food.

Please don't call these as authentic. :) and there are many varieties in making biriyani alone. Most of the places they mix boiled basmati rice with chicken gravy then call it chicken biriyani. And of course you can't eat boney chicken leg piece with chopstick. It's a crime

If you can read Chinese, check people's online reviews of that restaurant, the number of theme is "diarrhoea' and "petition for thorough health check of the foreign chefs".

LMAO....
I can't eat shit-like food.

Thank you, you speak out the word I have no gut to speak.

Long long time ago, people had few stainless metal or the desert area people had few trees, bamboos, they had to use hands eating food. Nowadays some shabby tradition need to be evolved.

Thank you, you speak out the word I have no gut to speak.

Long long time ago, people had few stainless metal or the desert area people had few trees, bamboos, they had to use hands eating food. Nowadays some shabby tradition need to be evolved.
Yes, using proper cutlery is a sign of progress of civilisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom