What's new

China agrees to import rice from 17 mills in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
看到这图 我瞬间没有了食欲
177528.jpg

这briani长相虽不讨好, 但是味道还是不错滴.

Our cuisine is different from Southeast Asian.

Ya, quite different. I still much prefer our own cuisine, but once in a while take Indian or Thai food. Singapore's China Town now populated by many Sichuan & northern foodstalls, plus the local Chinese food is primarily Fujian & Guangdong dishes, so not much problem eating here.

I am having a nightmare just thinking about trying to pick up all those rice grains with my chopsticks. :P

I don't mind using a spoon though, and it does look quite tasty.
That is a banana leaf restaurant. You are supposed to eat with your hand. You use your Right hand and squeeze the rice into a ball, then use your thumb to push it into your mouth.

That is a banana leaf restaurant. You are supposed to eat with your hand. You use your Right hand and squeeze the rice into a ball, then use your thumb to push it into your mouth.

Hmm I think it would be quite difficult to convince locals here to eat like that.

I've been to Malaysia and Singapore a few times (I love "Char Kway Teow" like crazy), been to some Indian restaurants in HK, even there I've never eaten rice with my hands before.

I like trying new things for sure, but it's something you do once a week or maybe once a month, not every day.

That is a banana leaf retaurant. You are supposed to eat with your hand. You use your Right hand and squeeze the rice into a ball, then use your thumb to push it into your mouth.
That's a nasty way to eat and I wonder if they are using the same hands after finishing in the restroom?

That's a nasty way to eat and I wonder if they are using the same hands after finishing in the restroom?

No they only ever use their right hand for eating and shaking hands. Never the left hand.

In these countries it is considered extremely rude to use your left hand to eat or shake hands, because it is considered dirty.

No they only ever use their right hand for eating and shaking hands. Never the left hand.

In these countries it is considered extremely rude to use your left hand to eat or shake hands, because it is considered dirty.
But why i saw plenty of Indians in HK "Chunking mansion" picking their nose with both hands? (my relatives own a money exchange shop there) i used to spend time there for fun in Summer, a lot of strange, crazy scenario there
Indians are experts in cheating Africans there:pop:

The type of rice that Indians eat is not the same type of rice that we eat.

Unless they are specifically growing our type of rice to export to us.

Indian rice is much harder to use with chopsticks because they do not stick together as much as our ones do. Don't you wonder why Indians use spoons/hands to eat rice, you can't pick up lumps of Indian rice with chopsticks, it will fall apart. Just try going to any Indian restaurant and using chopsticks.

In India we prefer rice which doesn't stick together

OMG, that's barbaric.

Wash your hands then

In Singapore, these Indian rice is used to cook Briani rice, either with mutton or chicken curry. Taste not bad, quite fluffy & loose, not sticky at all. Definitely cannot use chopstick like Chinese-Dragon said, unless you want to eat grain by grain, hahaha...

tiffin-bhavan-mutton-ribs-dalcha-ghee-rice-little-india-singapore.jpg

Not sure if you've watched this...

But why i saw plenty of Indians in HK "Chunking mansion" picking their nose with both hands? (my relatives own a money exchange shop there) i used to spend time there for fun in Summer, a lot of strange, crazy scenario there
Indians are experts in cheating Africans there:pop:

I don't know about the rules for picking noses brother. :enjoy:

But when I went traveling to SE Asia they told me that you must never shake hands with the left hand, since that hand is used by the locals to clean themselves after they use the toilet.

If you eat with your left hand they will probably faint.

Not sure if you've watched this...

Haha you saw that video as well? I feel sorry for the food vendor guy lol. :lol:

I don't know about the rules for picking noses brother. :enjoy:

But when I went traveling to SE Asia they told me that you must never shake hands with the left hand, since that hand is used by the locals to clean themselves after they use the toilet.

If you eat with your left hand they will probably faint.

Haha you saw that video as well? I feel sorry for the food vendor guy lol. :lol:
Yea, saw the video a couple of years ago and I just wanted to share the joke with members who haven't watched it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom