What's new

China accuses PH of ‘invasion’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

No one else in the world is claiming to be a "superpower". Only America.

The world watched, over the past ten years, as they stuck themselves in one quagmire after another, being held back by fighters armed with AK-47's.

If the "sole superpower" can't even do this, don't you think it is premature to boast about "stomping" nuclear giants like China and Russia?

The whole world knows that US is the Sole Superpower there is no need for boasting and whose boasting about stomping china and russia the chinese in the article:S?

As i said theres a big difference between guerilla warfare and convential warfare the iraq war for example.

The point is, domestic issues cannot be compared to issues a country such as America created abroad. No one pointed a gun to their head and tell them to go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya etc. They did it on its own accord.

Im not denying that im saying its not an embarrassment.

The whole world knows that US is the Sole Superpower there is no need for boasting and whose boasting about stomping china and russia the chinese in the article:S?

Read the first page of this thread buddy.

Our friend "REEVER" and other Americans here, regularly claim that America can defeat China within 30 minutes.

Read the first page of this thread buddy.

Our friend "REEVER" and other Americans here, regularly claim that America can defeat China within 30 minutes.

thats 1 person not the american goverment or people is it.

Ive had a chinese person claim australia is a middle eastern country do i hold all you accountable for it?

thats 1 person not the american goverment or people is it.

Ive had a chinese person claim australia is a middle eastern country do i hold all you accountable for it?

I never said it was the American government, or the American people? Where did you get that from?

Anyway, here is another one:

...forget even talking about the US - we would own Shanghai in the first 30 mins and all the skies...

My point is... that if America can be forced out so easily by a weak and crippled China in the 1950's, a weak North Vietnam in the 1970's, and today by a bunch of Taliban with AK-47's....

Then talking about "stomping" China today in 2011 is far-fetched. In 30 minutes no less.

Today, America's own rankings consider China to be the second most powerful country in the world (personally I don't agree, I think we are maybe 3rd/4th) and fully armed with nukes. Maybe they should sort out the Taliban first, before boasting about stomping major nuclear powers.

Im not denying that im saying its not an embarrassment.

It is an embarrassment to claim that they can walk over China in 30 minutes though. Especially when you think about those sandal wearing and AK-47 waving talibans who is giving them a run for their money as we speak.

It is an embarrassment to claim that they can walk over China in 30 minutes though. Especially when you think about those sandal wearing and AK-47 waving talibans who is giving them a run for their money as we speak.

Or that fact that the USA and 16 of her allies, couldn't even defeat us back in the 1950 Korean war.

If even a "1950's China" could push America and 16 of her allies out of North Korea, then "China in 2011" is perfectly capable of defending itself.

Or that fact that the USA and 16 of her allies, couldn't even defeat us back in the 1950 Korean war.

If even a "1950's China" could push America and 16 of her allies out of North Korea, then "China in 2011" is perfectly capable of defending itself.

They have the military potential but lacks the strategic advantages. War cannot be won with an army alone. It has to include time, money, geography, allegiance and some luck. We have Sun Tzu to thank, if it weren't for his influentual military guildlines then everyone would be fighting blindly.

Aussie, Mate Iraq war has seen extensive guerrilla warfare while you were sleeping somewhere. You've poor observation..

PH has nothing special to go against China, hell the naval boats they've most of them are 30 years old. With no strike element in their inventory how are they going to clear up the space with the help of air force.

I think the whole article is some lunatic idea.

It's not war mongering. You have to be very resolute in defending your sovereign territory. It is not good to be overly moderate with your hostile neighbors and those who bully China.
Compare Philippines with China in whatever aspect you like. It's like a grown man complaining a 3 year old is bullying him. You have a serious case of victim's mentality. To put it in a blunt way, being a pVssy.

Yeah do that and uncal Sam will stuff his boot in your face
Korea and Vietnam called, said you left your boots there when you decided to quit.

PH has nothing special to go against China, hell the naval boats they've most of them are 30 years old. With no strike element in their inventory how are they going to clear up the space with the help of air force.

I think the whole article is some lunatic idea.

It is not a lunatic idea. On the contrary, it is a dispute which has been referred to an appropriate tribunal for consideration.

I was shaken to find how apparently Chinese posters recommended a bizarre set of responses, including warfare; strike aircraft were described, anti-shipping missiles, naval boats and ships, all in response to a perfectly natural dispute reference.

Is there any serious question in the minds of readers that immediate and ferocious teachings of a lesson are not the natural outcome of a discussion, even of a dispute?

China does not fear philippines per se, but they don't want a pulled hair to move the whole body.

The taiwan situation, the dispute with japan, dispute in south china sea, dispute in south tibet - they all rest on one supporting pillar. Those issues only need one spark to be encouraged to light up together. Even a country the size of china cannot handle all of them at once.

Korea and Vietnam called, said you left your boots there when you decided to quit.

I'm sure the CCP would love to win in the same way North Vietnam won. As for Korea our initial objective was accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom