What's new

China accuses PH of ‘invasion’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think either of you, actually wanted to hurt each other.

And that is where you are wrong.

This forum is flooded with trolls, who want to do exactly that.

I appreciate your sentiment, but this forum has its own way of doing things.

I enjoy reading the trolls more than "sensible" people.

:)

Anyway I prefer reading more than writing, here.

You're becoming more of a hypocrite every day.....

So everything you say or your chinese brothers say about India in an insulting manner is kosher, but return the favor and suddenly our mentality turns sick?

And you think your Chinese fellows talking about India in a demeaning light are doing so not to hurt us? but Indian members doing so have some in built hatred for the Chinese?

Everyone loses their cool sometime....But what Ive noticed is that you're using the "Indians called me a Chink" as a free pass to insult India at every given chance.....

Based on some of the comments made by the Chinese members here (without any provocation...Read Peacefuls reply to Joe Shearer...one of the most respected members here), I dont blame why many Indians on this forum are fast becoming anti-China.....
Remember...it works both ways!

This needs to stop and maybe you should lead the way....

PS: Im guilty of the same at times...and am trying to avoid replying to trolls....But never were my comments meant to hurt the Chinese....just to put the individual being replied to in place...which I think is wrong as welll.....

Based on some of the comments made by the Chinese members here, I dont blame why many Indians on this forum are fast becoming anti-China.....
Remember...it works both ways!

I am 100% aware of that.

Indians are anti-China anyway, so not much of a loss there.

Chinese on the other hand are still undecided about India. According to the the BBC country rating polls, the Chinese view towards India, is still neutral.

Whereas the Indian view towards China is already hostile. Not surprising when you see the media headlines in India.

I am 100% aware of that.

Indians are anti-China anyway, so not much of a loss there.

Chinese on the other hand are still undecided about India. According to the the BBC country rating polls, the Chinese view towards India, is still neutral.

Whereas the Indian view towards China is already hostile. Not surprising when you see the media headlines in India.

Where did u get that from? It surprises me how you can talk with so much conviction about how Indians think..

Arent we talking about what goes on on this forum? Dont you think that needs to change?

China itself was never actually colonized by the West. :lol:

Only the small island of Hong Kong.

India on the other hand, was completely colonized for 200 years. Before that, there was no country known as "India".

I think China was never colonized by the west because, by then the Western powers had noticed that colonizing countries was pointless(specially after they had colonized India, PITA to govern and what not). The western powers realized that they can reap just as much benefit just by colonizing the economy of a country instead of going there and try to govern them. Which is exactly what they did with China, I mean the Brits were using using opium as their currency:cheesy:. They were dictating the terms of the trade in China, and if China objected they just sent in their army to boss around.

First Opium war, Second Opium war, Unequal treaties, Boxer Rebellion, China was pretty much a colony.

Thats just my own theory though, I know I might be generalizing a bit, but my theory makes sense to me:lol:. There is nothing wrong in accepting that Westerners beat us Asians in the 18th/19th/20th century. Are we going to let it happen again? I don't think so:cheers:

Thats just my own theory though, I know I might be generalizing a bit, but my theory makes sense to me:lol:. There is nothing wrong in accepting that Westerners beat us Asians in the 18th/19th/20th century. Are we going to let it happen again? I don't think so:cheers:

True, the Westerners (and Japan) did exploit and abuse all of Asia in the past few centuries.

China's fall was mainly due to the useless and corrupt Qing dynasty, and this weakness was exploited, first by the West, and then by Japan.

In an ideal world, all the developing countries would side with each other, against the former colonial powers. Not militarily, but diplomatically and economically.

Instead, Asian countries are talking crap about each other, killing each other, and worshipping the West.

This is the difference between China and india:

We kicked western powers out, you begged them out.
We earned UNSC permanent seat by committing millions of troops during the WWII, india was sleeping at that time.
We had military conflict with both the US and USSR during the cold war, india sucked/sucking both of them.

please don't apply your india logic to us, that is considered as a loser's choice, that is the reason why india is damn poor/backward today. please keep this to yourself.

By all means, retain these bellicose beliefs; it is doubtful that anyone will stir himself to care about what you think or don't think.

But about facts that you display, be a little more careful, as it exposes you to ridicule if you are egregiously wrong. In this case, you are.

The Indian Army was 205,000 strong at the outset of the war; by the end, it was 2.5 million strong, and was the largest all-volunteer army in the history of the world. Chinese NRA and PLA troops together accounted for 5.6 million, facing a Japanese force which at peak was 3.9 million. You mention that you earned the UN seat by committing millions of people during WWII; you did not bother to mention that none of them campaigned outside China itself. In contrast, the Indian Army fought in Africa, in Italy,the Indian III Corps, Indian IV Corps, Indian XV Corps, Indian XXXIII Corps, Indian XXXIV Corps, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st, and 23rd Indian Divisions were formed, as well as other forces. Additionally two armoured divisions and an airborne division were created. The Indian Army, which included units that formed the core of the Pakistan Army of today, earned 30 Victoria Crosses.

I did mention that the Indian Army fought everywhere: this is an outline of its theatres of war:
* Mediterranean, Middle East and African theatres of World War II
o East African campaign
o North African campaign
+ Operation Compass
+ Operation Battleaxe
+ Operation Crusader
+ First Battle of El Alamein
+ Second Battle of El Alamein
o Anglo-Iraqi War
o Syria-Lebanon campaign
o Anglo-Soviet invasion of Iran
o Italian campaign
+ Battle of Monte Cassino
* Battle of Hong Kong
* Battle of Malaya
* Battle of Singapore
* Burma Campaign
o Battle of Kohima
o Battle of Imphal

87,000 soldiers lost their lives in battle.

So this is what India did while asleep.

You write very well, with passion and vehemence. Once you learn to read, you will no doubt make some fine contributions to this forum.

By all means, retain these bellicose beliefs; it is doubtful that anyone will stir himself to care about what you think or don't think.

But about facts that you display, be a little more careful, as it exposes you to ridicule if you are egregiously wrong. In this case, you are.

The Indian Army was 205,000 strong at the outset of the war; by the end, it was 2.5 million strong, and was the largest all-volunteer army in the history of the world. Chinese NRA and PLA troops together accounted for 5.6 million, facing a Japanese force which at peak was 3.9 million. You mention that you earned the UN seat by committing millions of people during WWII; you did not bother to mention that none of them campaigned outside China itself. In contrast, the Indian Army fought in Africa, in Italy,the Indian III Corps, Indian IV Corps, Indian XV Corps, Indian XXXIII Corps, Indian XXXIV Corps, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st, and 23rd Indian Divisions were formed, as well as other forces. Additionally two armoured divisions and an airborne division were created. The Indian Army, which included units that formed the core of the Pakistan Army of today, earned 30 Victoria Crosses.

I did mention that the Indian Army fought everywhere: this is an outline of its theatres of war:
o East African campaign
o North African campaign
+ Operation Compass
+ Operation Battleaxe
+ Operation Crusader
o Anglo-Iraqi War
o Syria-Lebanon campaign
o Italian campaign
* Battle of Hong Kong
* Battle of Malaya
* Battle of Singapore
* Burma Campaign
o Battle of Kohima
o Battle of Imphal

You write very well, with passion and vehemence. Once you learn to read, you will no doubt make some fine contributions to this forum.

No, they were British citizens fighting for Britain. What did they have to do with India besides their skin color?

Also, Chinese troops campaigned in Myanmar and Southeast Asia.

o East African campaign
o North African campaign
+ Operation Compass
+ Operation Battleaxe
+ Operation Crusader
o Anglo-Iraqi War
o Syria-Lebanon campaign
o Italian campaign
* Battle of Hong Kong
* Battle of Malaya
* Battle of Singapore
* Burma Campaign
o Battle of Kohima
o Battle of Imphal

They are fight under the flag of Great britain but not india lol and this is definately doesn't related to india now.

No, they were British citizens fighting for Britain. What did they have to do with India besides their skin color?

Also, Chinese troops campaigned in Myanmar and Southeast Asia.

As a quick reference to the books will show you, they were the British Indian Army, the predecessors to the Indian Army and the Pakistan Arm both. Volunteers, not conscripts. As a further reference to the books will show you, this was in fact the largest volunteer army in the second world war.

Regarding the contributions of Chinese troops in Myanmar and Southeast Asia, I had tactfully avoided the subject. But we all know the saying about fools rushing in where angels fear. For information on their battle performance, the anger of 'Vinegar Joe' Stilwell with this performances, and his falling out with Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek, you may consider reading 'Defeat into Victory', by 'Bill' Slim, Field Marshall Lord Slim of Burma.

You will find that although Chinese troops were gallant and selfless fighters in battle, they were generally badly led; except for the Battle of Yenangyaung, a very gallantly-fought battle by the Chinese 38th Division, there is nothing much to report. Much of the blame must be assigned to Stilwell and to Chiang Kai-Shek.

During this period, 35,000 tons of supplies were sent over the Ledo Road to China, to sustain and supply various Chinese formations. The Chinese troops withdrawn from Burma/Myanmar, the remainder of the Chinese 22nd and 38th Divisions, were stationed at New Delhi and Ramgarh to rest and recover, and Chiang Kai-Shek put them under the operational command of Stilwell. No doubt this is how some young and not very polite Chinese members get their illusions of capturing Delhi by an armoured thrust (!!) across the Himalayas.

In the campaign to re-take Burma, these Chinese troops captured Myitkyina.

@Big Oren

No, they are fight under the formation of the British Indian Army, with their own flags and badges, just like the Chinese troops fought under the American flag on this front, as part of the Northern Combat Area Command.

I would not laugh so loud until all the facts are known, if I were you. But do suit yourself.

As a quick reference to the books will show you, they were the British Indian Army, the predecessors to the Indian Army and the Pakistan Arm both. Volunteers, not conscripts. As a further reference to the books will show you, this was in fact the largest volunteer army in the second world war.

Regarding the contributions of Chinese troops in Myanmar and Southeast Asia, I had tactfully avoided the subject. But we all know the saying about fools rushing in where angels fear. For information on their battle performance, the anger of 'Vinegar Joe' Stilwell with this performances, and his falling out with Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek, you may consider reading 'Defeat into Victory', by 'Bill' Slim, Field Marshall Lord Slim of Burma.

You will find that although Chinese troops were gallant and selfless fighters in battle, they were generally badly led; except for the Battle of Yenangyaung, a very gallantly-fought battle by the Chinese 38th Division, there is nothing much to report. Much of the blame must be assigned to Stilwell and to Chiang Kai-Shek.

During this period, 35,000 tons of supplies were sent over the Ledo Road to China, to sustain and supply various Chinese formations. The Chinese troops withdrawn from Burma/Myanmar, the remainder of the Chinese 22nd and 38th Divisions, were stationed at New Delhi and Ramgarh to rest and recover, and Chiang Kai-Shek put them under the operational command of Stilwell. No doubt this is how some young and not very polite Chinese members get their illusions of capturing Delhi by an armoured thrust (!!) across the Himalayas.

In the campaign to re-take Burma, these Chinese troops captured Myitkyina.

@Big Oren

No, they are fight under the formation of the British Indian Army, with their own flags and badges, just like the Chinese troops fought under the American flag on this front, as part of the Northern Combat Area Command.

I would not laugh so loud until all the facts are known, if I were you. But do suit yourself.

They were indeed badly led. However, under better leadership, we have shown that defeating even the United States is possible. Where Japanese and German defenses crumbled, ours held, and pushed the US army back, with the same weapons as WW2 and the same soldiers as WW2, just different leadership. By extension, if those that can defeat Japan were defeated by us, then how can we possibly lose against Japan ever since 1949?

sherer, are you trying to tell me they will use O V broncos' against China for the air strikes?

Yes naturally strike elements and all air, land and sea assets come to mind and should when it comes to a long standing conflict.

It really is a lunatic idea to go against a larger force when you've nothing to fight with. The best possible course is stand down!

Nobody is teaching lessons to PH or any other nation, we are just explaining that PH will never go against China with its further interests at stake. Nothing is going to change in the next couple of decades or even more.

They were indeed badly led. However, under better leadership, we have shown that defeating even the United States is possible. Where Japanese and German defenses crumbled, ours held, and pushed the US army back, with the same weapons as WW2 and the same soldiers as WW2, just different leadership. By extension, if those that can defeat Japan were defeated by us, then how can we possibly lose against Japan ever since 1949?

There was no need to build such an elaborate scaffolding and to structure such an elaborate piece of logic. The raw courage and the fighting ability of a Chinese soldier was never in question. Further, the battles that we are discussing, the questions that are on the table relate to WWII; iin particular, they relate to that portion of the Second Sino-Japanese War that overlapped with WWII, that is, 1941 to 1945. I am not sure what the relevance of 1949 is, therefore; the Japanese were no longer in the battlefield in 1949.

Let us get our facts clear. Japan and China fought an open war from 1937 onwards. There was warfare, intermittent warfare earlier than that, with bloody battles and some courageous displays by both sides, but because of the Japanese apprehension of American sanctions - there would have been automatic suspension of certain types of commercial and strategic supplies dealings, including petroleum supplies, in case of Japan being at war - these were always called 'Incidents' in English. Apparently in either combatant's own languages, other terms were used, but it is difficult for a stranger to these languages to describe them, or to explain why some terms used by one side were considered insulting by the other.

It was with the attack on Pearl Harbour that Japan was officially at war, when the US officially declared war.

My original point was only that a commercial dispute, for that matter, a dispute of any other sort, ought not to make China and every Chinese commentator break out into warlike language and to start making threats to the other party. That was all that I sought to say. It was unpleasant to have a Chinese commentator give the matter a jingoistic turn by making references to the reasons for China's role and position in the world, and to make entirely unnecessary, inappropriate and untrue parallels to India. The part which was insulting to both the present-day Indian Army, Pakistan Army and Bangladesh Army was to say that India slept through this entire war. Obviously the person making this silly comment was remarkably uneducated in the history of those times, but whatever the reason, the statement was made and needed refutation, since this is not the first time it has been made, and it continues to be made. Therefore thorough and detailed, also robust refutation was clearly necessary.

Please stop trying to prove the unnecessary and also stop trying to distort history. China lost on the whole to Japan from 1937 to 1945; it was after 1945, in battle against Allied forces in Korea in support of the North Korean forces, that she was able to display fighting qualities at both individual as well as at formation level, and that her leadership was shown to be outstanding. Similarly, the Japanese had the upper hand from 1937 onwards against the Chinese, with occasional Chinese victories, and had the upper hand against the Allies from 1941 onwards until 1944 on the Burma front, and until 1943 in the Pacific. The Allies gained the momentum for victory against Japan commencing from the naval victories of 1942, largely, almost totally an American effort, and based on this, the Pacific campaign of that year and the following led by two sets of military leaders, as well as the western land campaign on the India-Burma front in 1944. The results of this weakening of the Japanese on their operations in China is well-known to all of us, and it is hoped that no further elaboration will be necessary.

Let us also get our facts clear on the role of the Indian soldier and the role of the Indian people.

First, the numbers speak for themselves. While the largest armies in the field exceeded the numbers put out by India (today, the state of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh), the Indian contingent was the single largest voluntary army. None of our forefathers who fought did so because they were forced to; they did so as volunteers. In 1944, numbers of volunteers were actually turned away.

Second, a certain number of Sikh, Muslim and Hindu soldiers volunteered for the INA and fought for the INA. Popular resistance prevented their trial and persecution by the British, and some of the survivors went on to become prominent in civilian life. Three of them, - a Sikh, a Muslim and a Hindu - were put on trial by the British; the grandson of the gentleman who was Muslim is today the most prominent personality in films in India and a sponsor of sports as well. Their legacy is alive and well in our societies.

Third, while the independence movement did not oppose the British move to defend themselves initially, the Indian masses fought an increasingly bitter political struggle against Britain even while the war was going on. That is one reason why at the end of WWII, with war fatigue among their own soldiers, more than 2.5 million Indian (meaning Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi) soldiers under arms, and an increasingly defiant population, which defied them using non-violent means, the British gave up and granted independence to the entire sub-continent, that is, the portions of which they controlled.

Please remain as respectful of the history of other nations as you expect respect for your own history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom