What's new

China accuses PH of ‘invasion’

Status
Not open for further replies.
sherer, are you trying to tell me they will use O V broncos' against China for the air strikes?

Yes naturally strike elements and all air, land and sea assets come to mind and should when it comes to a long standing conflict.

It really is a lunatic idea to go against a larger force when you've nothing to fight with. The best possible course is stand down!

Nobody is teaching lessons to PH or any other nation, we are just explaining that PH will never go against China with its further interests at stake. Nothing is going to change in the next couple of decades or even more.

I am sorry, I have not understood this post. Please explain further what you wish to convey, or which statement of mine inspired this. Many thanks.

Joe Shearer, I think you should put the entire war effort into a correct perspective. China was the 3rd most important of the allied forces. The number of axis soldiers killed by Chinese forces, and the number of Axis soldiers engaged by Chinese forces, was 3rd in the Allies. If you truly believe the ludicrous idea that without China the allies would still win, it can be said that with no one but US and USSR, the allies would still win, much less Britain and its colony India.

Joe Shearer, I think you should put the entire war effort into a correct perspective. China was the 3rd most important of the allied forces. The number of axis soldiers killed by Chinese forces, and the number of Axis soldiers engaged by Chinese forces, was 3rd in the Allies. If you truly believe the ludicrous idea that without China the allies would still win, it can be said that with no one but US and USSR, the allies would still win, much less Britain and its colony India.

It is interesting to see how positions have changed, subtly, under pressure.

At 11:47 am yesterday, when the threats, boasts and warlike slogans were flying thick and fast, I made a plea for restraint in international behaviour, and for restraint in discussion as well. The response, totally disconnected, and without any prior reference to India having occurred, was from a suicide troll, who displays the Hong Kong and Taiwan flags, no doubt as a statement of intent to counteract his nick; it said, at 3:12 pm,

Peaceful said:
This is the difference between China and india:

We kicked western powers out, you begged them out.
We earned UNSC permanent seat by committing millions of troops during the WWII, india was sleeping at that time.
We had military conflict with both the US and USSR during the cold war, india sucked/sucking both of them.

please don't apply your india logic to us, that is considered as a loser's choice, that is the reason why india is damn poor/backward today. please keep this to yourself.

We kicked western powers out, you begged them out.

The same western powers who armed you to the hilt, the same Germany (yes, Germany, not the Allied powers, but the Axis power Germany was the first western ally that China had, who abandoned her and walked away in order to tie up with Japan) and Russia and the USA, without whose military aid and military assistance in every form, including providing a ready-made air force and ready-made generals and staff survival would have been difficult? The same western power the USA, whose President forcefully included China in the Allied top leadership, in spite of the objections of the Russians and the British?

Perhaps your friend should read carefully the accounts of the conferences at Cairo, at Teheran, at Yalta, at Potsdam, to get a realistic picture, rather than replying to a perfectly reasonable suggestion with insults and invective.

Perhaps he might lilke to explain to us how and when these western powers were 'kicked out'; history only records the fulsome gratitude of Chiang Kai-Shek for favours done. It also records the reversion of Hong Kong and Macao decades after India negotiated a peaceful transfer of power from the British and the French, and a forcible reversion from the Portuguese.

Further, if your friend believe that non-violence amounts to begging them out, he needs to learn a lot more than he seems to know. This was the same process of which the rest of the sub-continent was a part; without this non-violent process, there would have been no Pakistan, no Pakistan Defence, no all-weather friendship.

Peaceful goes on to say

We earned UNSC permanent seat by committing millions of troops during the WWII, india was sleeping at that time.

Balderdash.

There are two kinds of lies: suppressio veri, and suggestio falsi. Peaceful is guilty of both of them.

Suppressio veri, by suppressing the fact that China and Japan had been at war far earlier than WWII, from 1932 in fact, and that even formal warfare between them had commenced in 1937. The commitment of Chinese troops was no part of the WWII effort, it was already done, and very rightly so, for the defence of the country against Japanese invasion.

Suggestio falsi, by suggesting that the effort of fighting WWII was a distinct effort for China, rather than a continuation of the earlier, on-going war. The US declared war on Japan, after Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour without declaring war; it extended military help to China, it brought the Chinese leadership to the Allied table, it poured arms, ammunition, military help, including Chenault's air force and Stilwell, among others, into China.

It was to refute this stupid and small-minded distortion of history by a juvenile delinquent that I cited the figures of Indian participation in WWII. There have been references to Indian non-participation before, always by Chinese posters; I have never reacted, nobody from Pakistan, India or Bangladesh has ever reacted, because we are aware of the facts. Regrettably, you and your friends do not even bother to do the most elementary research into the affairs of other countries, but confine yourselves to whatever transpired between China and others, and imagine that that is the sum total of world history.

I could go on, but that is pointless. Your suggestion that we should now sit down with jewellers' weighing scales, forceps and electron microscopes and measure the exact relative contribution of the Allies is unnecessary. Let me assure you that if we were to go through this exercise, the answers would not be comforting for you. There is no point in doing so, since my original rejoinder was purely to set the facts in place, and to remind you and your friends that those silly remarks about a sleeping India demonstrate ignorance, arrogance and an ability to make enemies quickly and easily which history will remind you about in the near future.

Joe, please take a bow from this minion.

bow_down_before_you-960.gif

Joe, please take a bow from this minion.

bow_down_before_you-960.gif

No, really, the increasing bad manners from one section of posters is getting very difficult to tolerate. I have always been very sympathetic to china and to Chinese legitimate aspirations, but the sort of arrogant and bumptious language on display does not make this easy. My friend was right in withdrawing from this forum; the vulgarity of his friends and countrymen would have humiliated him if he had stayed on.

Another racist that piles all Chinese together. There are many smart racists here who will use fancy language to decorate their racism, but are still filled with hatred to the core. Does Peaceful represent all Chinese? No. He is from Hong Kong living in Taiwan and is a troll. But now you say he represents "all" Chinese. Chinese_Dragon was right. Indians have an inherent tendency towards racism. This was seen in the colonial days where Indian police were used by the white British to "manage" Hong Kong. The Indians, even though themselves subordinate to whites, acted just as savage and sometimes even more savagely than the whites. A sickening inferiority complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom