What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

Some great bong food, and this should help promote BD tourism (the comments sure have lot of promise on that)....given food ranger is really getting popular now. But boy, I thought Indians stared way too much lol...BD ppl are like hold muh chai and watch this! (though I suppose BD people are even less used to foreigner suddenly coming to have a chat with everyone)

@Joe Shearer @Tanveer666 @Atlas @Mage @bluesky @Avicenna @jbgt90 @jamahir @Imran Khan @padamchen @Signalian @GeraltofRivia @Two @VCheng @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Chhatrapati @Skull and Bones @itsanufy @dray / Rain Man @scorpionx @Gibbs @Godman @Arsalan @waz @WAJsal

One of my favourite programmes.....

Some great bong food, and this should help promote BD tourism (the comments sure have lot of promise on that)....given food ranger is really getting popular now. But boy, I thought Indians stared way too much lol...BD ppl are like hold muh chai and watch this! (though I suppose BD people are even less used to foreigner suddenly coming to have a chat with everyone)

@Joe Shearer @Tanveer666 @Atlas @Mage @bluesky @Avicenna @jbgt90 @jamahir @Imran Khan @padamchen @Signalian @GeraltofRivia @Two @VCheng @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Chhatrapati @Skull and Bones @itsanufy @dray / Rain Man @scorpionx @Gibbs @Godman @Arsalan @waz @WAJsal
once upon a time i like their biryani it was like pulao but they cut very small pieces of meat while we use bigger in pakistan over all it was perfect in 5 riyals .

Thanks for the share.

The Hajir Biryani looked yum. And also the Mutton Tikka Kabab.

And @Bilal9, the BDeshis seem to love their raw green chilli.

By the way, Bilal, what is Pori Moni's actual height ??

I hate to say this, this is not even the tip of the iceberg :(
Thanks for the share.

The Hajir Biryani looked yum. And also the Mutton Tikka Kabab.

And @Bilal9, the BDeshis seem to love their raw green chilli.

By the way, Bilal, what is Pori Moni's actual height ??
Everyone seems after Pori Moni..And Jamahir why are you interested in her heights?:drag:

Everyone seems after Pori Moni.

Pori Moni is very likable.

But I will ask Chairman Meow to send his men after those others who are drooling over my Pori Moni. :partay:

wfksujypb6n11.jpg

And Jamahir why are you interested in her heights?:drag:

Well, she seems tall so I want to know if I and she will look like Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. :D

By the way, I didn't receive alert for your quoting of my post.

Pori Moni is very likable.

But I will ask Chairman Meow to send his men after those others who are drooling over my Pori Moni. :partay:

wfksujypb6n11.jpg

Well, she seems tall so I want to know if I and she will look like Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. :D

By the way, I didn't receive alert for your quoting of my post.
I am having trouble accessing the site for a time now. Perhaps some tech glitches.

I hate to say this, this is not even the tip of the iceberg :(

I think its just first video in series. Normally food ranger releases a few and there is even some home cooked stuff sometimes that really explores more depth etc.

Let's see, I will update here when and if he posts. I for sure hope its not just one single video.

The family of his friend, Sumon, certainly like their fish.

Also, the BDeshis certainly like their bhartas.

I have yet to meet a Bengali that doesn't like fish. They grow up with the love of river-food and sea food. Who can blame them, nothing hits the spot quite like a good fish dish.

Bhortas are great yup, you must make friends with Bengalis and they will take you to have some good homemade specialities and definitely bhortas will be there....it is staple in their cuisine.

@scorpionx I told you the iceberg would be explored past just the tip ;)

This guy is speaking in Bengali sometimes and that's good effort , and his Bengali is decent . :-)

Yah Trevor normally makes good effort to learn some basics of the language wherever he goes. He is Canadian based out of China (went there to learn Chinese cooking and ended up travel+vlogging instead) and knows chinese almost fluently (at least 3 - 4 times better than I do at least)....so he is obv good at languages!

When he was in TN, I remember he learned/picked up some simple Tamil phrases (again to get around easy and approach ppl easy)....rest of India he also spoke some basic Hindi etc.....because he knows making even a little effort to impress those around him and be polite (esp in their own language) etc goes a long way. You know how we desis love it when foreign people do make effort to talk to us in our mother tongue :)

BTW, would you say its more appropriate to address "Vai" or "Mama" (like trevor says) with the shopkeepers etc that are more close to your age whom you have just met?

Mama (beyond regular uncle meaning) I thought is for "elder bro" that is good friend of yours etc (just from what I know of interaction among my friends etc)

BTW, would you say its more appropriate to address "Vai" or "Mama" (like trevor says) with the shopkeepers etc that are more close to your age whom you have just met?

Mama (beyond regular uncle meaning) I thought is for "elder bro" that is good friend of yours etc (just from what I know of interaction among my friends etc)
This mama is a common trend in Dhaka lol. Here friends call each others mama most of times, they call each others very dearly ( although now it's becoming quite common from other area friends too, specially who come to Dhaka from other districts ) !

And mama is also a common address with rikhshawalas and cng riders, street shop keepers and in some other cases, it's common in Dhaka and it's actually limited in Dhaka as far I know .

And it's not common for them whom you just met. But if you come to Dhaka and call them mama , they will not mind but will be glad I can bet ;), it's a warm addressing style anyway.

And also it's ( mama) not common outside Dhaka , but peoples use simply vai/bhai to adress known and unknown same aged folks, and also when peoples come to Dhaka from other towns , they simply use bhai with them unlike the local folks who live in Dhaka.

Trevor probably learn Bengali from Dhaka folks or by following them, so he used mama for shop keepers.

Last edited:
This mama is a common trend in Dhaka lol. Here friends call each others mama most of times, they call each others very dearly ( although now it's becoming quit common from other area friends too, specially who come to Dhaka from other districts ) !

And mama is also a common address with rikhshawalas and cng riders, street shop keepers and in some other cases, it's common in Dhaka and it's actually limited in Dhaka as far I know .

And it's not common for them whom you just met. But if you come to Dhaka and call them mama , they will not mind but will be glad I can bet ;), it's a warm addressing style anyway.

And also it's ( mama) not common outside Dhaka , but peoples use simply vai/bhai to adress known and unknown same aged folks, and also when peoples come to Dhaka from other towns , they simply use bhai with them unlike the local folks who live in Dhaka.

Trevor probably learn Bengali from Dhaka folks or by following them, so he used mama for shop keepers.

Makes sense, my mates are also from Dhaka...so they use this mama a lot...it confused me a bit when I first heard it from them lol.

Back
Top Bottom