What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

I don't think it has sunk in into the South Asian psyche, how important Bathrooms need to be.

To most South Asians it is a place you don't sink a lot of money into. And it is perpetually wet and moldy/smelly.

To Westerners it is a sanctuary. And therefore, special.

Toilets and baths need to be modern, dry (outside the shower stall), efficient, sleek/uncluttered in design & aesthetics and no cost should be spared in achieving these goals, especially for the fittings (not that you would need a lot of money). After all - you won't be splurging every year on a new toilet, it is a thirty to forty year exercise. You will be looking at it everyday for that time period, better to design it well so you can live with it.

For me, this means a one-piece very quiet flush toilet (possibly nicer Japanese brands like Toto), a full-body massage showerhead, Zero-fog glass showerstall and a full complement of old fashioned shaving implements.

The Japanese have taken the toilet concept to new heights. Rather than go into details, they are computerized, temperature/sensor controlled. One has to experience it to believe it.
add hot water supply and shower glass walls/ barrier to stop making the whole toilet wet and you end up with heaven

add hot water supply and shower glass walls/ barrier to stop making the whole toilet wet and you end up with heaven

Some idea....
iu

I do not understand what really did @Nilgiri want to convey by uploading this video. But, if it is for demeaning BD, he must also know all these street vendor cultures carry the legacy of Indian heritage. It is not something BD people have invented. This is very common in India and can be seen in every street corners of Indian towns.

@Nilgiri should better send us some new photographs showing how the demolishing works on the occupied river banks in Dhaka are being carried out. He should appreciate that the move will certainly beautify the Capital.

I do not understand what really did @Nilgiri want to convey by uploading this video. But, if it is for demeaning BD, he must also know all these street vendor cultures carry the legacy of Indian heritage. It is not something BD people have invented. This is very common in India and can be seen in every street corners of Indian towns.

@Nilgiri should better send us some new photographs showing how the demolishing works on the occupied river banks in Dhaka are being carried out. He should appreciate that the move will certainly beautify the Capital.

Uh no, I just like to show some street food scene of Bangladesh. This is the chill thread....please look at my previous 2 posts from same guy visiting BD....he was doing food tour of BD. Hope you understand it will help BD tourism in the end....which you guys sorely need.

There is no intent to demean here....from either me or the content creator. He has been to lot of places in India too, where you can see such street food scenes.

Or maybe you are being sarcastic again (to annoy Bilal who posts the neatest, nicest, elite things only etc), I can't tell.

@Atlas

http://khwcc.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-visit-from-bangladesh.html
i was looking for a watchmaker to service my watch when i visit bangladesh... i found that the only watchmaker who's swiss trained in indian subcontinent is a bangladeshi... i think i will train from him after i'm done with studies

Seriously?! Provide details please, I spend a small fortune on watch servicing every year!

Some idea....
iu

We need to overhaul the traditional "walk in shower" design in BD, it's repulsive to walk barefoot on the same floor where the toilet is often housed.

The reporter mentioned that these flying vehicles are classified as ultralights because of their lightweight configuration and altitude restriction. I don't believe you need a pilot's license for operating these but I could be wrong.

According to this site,

https://www.uflyit.com/license.htm#Do I Need a License to Fly an Ultralight?

"A true single seat ultralight requires no license to fly (assuming it meets the requirements of Part 103 for an ultralight aircraft).

Any two seat "ultralight" or Light Sport type aircraft requires a Sport Pilot Certificate or higher to fly. "

By the way, since these guys have two seats, one of them has to have a formal sport pilot's license - I am pretty certain.

This is incredible. Intelligent and brave to pull this off.

(Sorry for many posts) can't sleep so going through random threads.

Seriously?! Provide details please, I spend a small fortune on watch servicing every year!
i am pretty sure you'll still need to spend a fortune to service watch from him, the link above is where i found out about hasan...
i just started my long intended hobby recently, what watches do you have? are you a member of the UGWC in facebook?
you don't need to service every year though... if your collection is big enough once is 10 years is sufficient... if you're one watch guy, every 5 years for the swiss or every 10-15 for japanese

i am pretty sure you'll still need to spend a fortune to service watch from him, the link above is where i found out about hasan...
i just started my long intended hobby recently, what watches do you have? are you a member of the UGWC in facebook?
you don't need to service every year though... if your collection is big enough once is 10 years is sufficient... if you're one watch guy, every 5 years for the swiss or every 10-15 for japanese

Sorry just saw the link - I don't mind paying the same to a Bangladeshi , and its another reason to visit BD!

Ive been collecting since my uni days. It's a worthwhile hobby as it gives tremendous satisfaction looking at the workmanship, wearing it among friends - and the watches usually increase in value too. (Unless you damage it which is common tbh)

My main ones are my Tag Monaco (Steve McQueen) and Rolex Daytona, I have a Breitling B1 which is my day to day watch, an Omega Speedmaster and a Chanel J12 which is my personal favourite. Im not really active on Facebook...

I service about every 5 years, on rotation, but the old mechanical Tag needs more frequent servicing.

UPDATE:

Just did some research and sad to say it won't pass muster.

They only deal in mid range watches like Citizen, Tissot etc. Not sure if it makes sense to service these tbh.

Last edited:
Sorry just saw the link - I don't mind paying the same to a Bangladeshi , and its another reason to visit BD!

Ive been collecting since my uni days. It's a worthwhile hobby as it gives tremendous satisfaction looking at the workmanship, wearing it among friends - and the watches usually increase in value too. (Unless you damage it which is common tbh)

My main ones are my Tag Monaco (Steve McQueen) and Rolex Daytona, I have a Breitling B1 which is my day to day watch, an Omega Speedmaster and a Chanel J12 which is my personal favourite. Im not really active on Facebook...

I service about every 5 years, on rotation, but the old mechanical Tag needs more frequent servicing.

UPDATE:

Just did some research and sad to say it won't pass muster.

They only deal in mid range watches like Citizen, Tissot etc. Not sure if it makes sense to service these tbh.
unless they're in house movements... i am pretty sure they'll be able to service any watches... find out if your tag or Breitling is a common ETA and it should be fine... i understand the rolex will be harder to service but there is hassan and sons or mohammad and sons, so you should be covered. :)
what do you plan to buy next?
do you watch The urban gentry on youtube?

unless they're in house movements... i am pretty sure they'll be able to service any watches... find out if your tag or Breitling is a common ETA and it should be fine... i understand the rolex will be harder to service but there is hassan and sons or mohammad and sons, so you should be covered. :)
what do you plan to buy next?
do you watch The urban gentry on youtube?

No bro, the difference between the movements in a Rolex, tag or citizen are night and day. They will need specific training.

Is Hassan and sons a watch company?

Funnily enough the Breitling B1 doesn't need servicing or maintenance as it's a battery operated chronometer - the most accurate time piece of all. I recommend it if you are starting a watch collection.

Not really collecting recently as Android watches are looking quite interesting, I bought the Huawei Watch now am looking to check out some others.

Haven't seen urban gentry... about collectors is it?

No bro, the difference between the movements in a Rolex, tag or citizen are night and day. They will need specific training.

Is Hassan and sons a watch company?

Funnily enough the Breitling B1 doesn't need servicing or maintenance as it's a battery operated chronometer - the most accurate time piece of all. I recommend it if you are starting a watch collection.

Not really collecting recently as Android watches are looking quite interesting, I bought the Huawei Watch now am looking to check out some others.

Haven't seen urban gentry... about collectors is it?
Hassan and sons are authorized dealers of some luxury brands in bd. I’ve seen people with Richard mille and patek there

Well a quartz do require less maintenance, I just can’t get over the tick motion :/

Yeah the urban Gentry is everything related to collecting, horological history etc great British host.

Hassan and sons are authorized dealers of some luxury brands in bd. I’ve seen people with Richard mille and patek there

Well a quartz do require less maintenance, I just can’t get over the tick motion :/

Yeah the urban Gentry is everything related to collecting, horological history etc great British host.

Thanks I'll try to check it out (the programme and Hassan & sons)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom